Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Race, lets make this serious! It is nearly 2013.

Unread post by Vrede too »

When a man asks people to translate a hate message he's received, their response is unforgettable.

... It's nearly more than these people can bear.

There's a sudden, powerful connection between the translators and the man they're translating for. They want to protect him, telling him not to bother with the message.

They apologize for the message.

They look like they want to cry.

... The Facebook message is horrible, but their empathy is beautiful. The video's emotional power is what makes it unique, and so worth watching and passing around....
:( :thumbup:

:clap:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Agreed.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

Yep exactly, cishest supremism is toxic and real. Stop triggering feelings of oppression.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Yes, JTA. There are some real wingnuts and haters out there. Yes, there are man haters to go along with woman haters.

It's a free country. The US has admirable freedom of speech rules. And so they post hate and wingnuttery to Facebook, and the laws don't stop them.

But listen up:

Your lame moral equivalence attempt notwithstanding, THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS INSTITUTIONALIZED MURDUR OF BLACK PEOPLE. Not when one runs from a cop with no other evidence of a crime. Not when they simply walk away and are executed for it, as one DA, despite video evidence, declared was "appropriate" last week. Not when someone is murdered by police, on camera, for suspicion of selling untaxed tobacco.

Or the damn-near-a-murder-scene this weekend, with a Texas cop assaulting and pointing a gun at black kids because - and this is according to white kids who were there - some white parents didn't want them around.

The ONE remarkable thing in the story above about the cop indicted for murdering a black man, isn't the murder. It's the possibility that the cop will face justice. And it would not have happened if there were only police video and other police witnesses. Or even civilian witnesses, their word against the police. Cell phone video made it happen.

Funny how these cases all started at the same time that everyone started walking around with the ability to capture video, plus the ability through YouTube and social media to share it. Must be a coincidence.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

rstrong wrote:Yes, JTA. There are some real wingnuts and haters out there. Yes, there are man haters to go along with woman haters.

It's a free country. The US has admirable freedom of speech rules. And so they post hate and wingnuttery to Facebook, and the laws don't stop them.

But listen up:

Your lame moral equivalence attempt notwithstanding, THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS INSTITUTIONALIZED MURDUR OF BLACK PEOPLE. Not when one runs from a cop with no other evidence of a crime. Not when they simply walk away and are executed for it, as one DA, despite video evidence, declared was "appropriate" last week. Not when someone is murdered by police, on camera, for suspicion of selling untaxed tobacco.

Or the damn-near-a-murder-scene this weekend, with a Texas cop assaulting and pointing a gun at black kids because - and this is according to white kids who were there - some white parents didn't want them around.

The ONE remarkable thing in the story above about the cop indicted for murdering a black man, isn't the murder. It's the possibility that the cop will face justice. And it would not have happened if there were only police video and other police witnesses. Or even civilian witnesses, their word against the police. Cell phone video made it happen.

Funny how these cases all started at the same time that everyone started walking around with the ability to capture video, plus the ability through YouTube and social media to share it. Must be a coincidence.
Dude you're preaching to the fuckin choir here honestly. I think I just hate people in general to be honest. Especially people that view others as some abstraction rather than individuals and lump them into groups and demonize them. I tend to get along with just about everybody, unless all they talk about is politics then I just walk away and go hang with someone else.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:Dude you're preaching to the fuckin choir here honestly.
Sorry.
JTA wrote:I think I just hate people in general to be honest.
This, I can get behind.

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

rstrong wrote:
JTA wrote:Dude you're preaching to the fuckin choir here honestly.
Sorry.
JTA wrote:I think I just hate people in general to be honest.
This, I can get behind.
What did me in was working with the public man. People would always want to talk politics with you. ALWAYS. I just didn't care. It's not like you could actually debate them because if you pissed them off they'd just go tattle on you to your boss. And even if you could, it's not like they'd change their views.

I just wanted to get my shift done and go home and eat some pizza.

That's why I come on here and talk about completely inane, useless topics.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

JTA wrote:What did me in was working with the public man. People would always want to talk politics with you. ALWAYS. I just didn't care. It's not like you could actually debate them because if you pissed them off they'd just go tattle on you to your boss. And even if you could, it's not like they'd change their views.
That's why I shifted from tech support to programming.

20 Megs of RAM. 1994.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

Unless your a liberal of course.
On blacks, immigrants and indigents:
"...human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people
Sounds like the libs here who have said mexicans are to dumb to learn. :(

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Colonel Taylor wrote:...
Both your quotes are fake.

Yes, Sanger indeed had some racist writing early on. She went on to work closely with black leaders.

Yes, she supported eugenics. Against the "profoundly retarded", mentally ill, "and reckless people whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers." But she supported birth control, and was entirely opposed to "extermination" as some people of the time promoted.

Colonel Taylor
Marshal

Unread post by Colonel Taylor »

rstrong wrote:
Both your quotes are fake.

Yes, Sanger indeed had some racist writing early on. She went on to work closely with black leaders.

So does Al Sharpton the most Racist person in the country.

Yes, she supported eugenics.
Against the "profoundly retarded", mentally ill,
So this makes it OK?
"and reckless people whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers." But she supported birth control, and was entirely opposed to "extermination" as some people of the time promoted.
:bs:
So she was for it before she was against it?
:crazy: :crazy:
She was a racist first class! I have read enough of her crap to know she was a dolt that only a racist liberal would support. Her story has been whitewashed because only a liberal racist white women could support her views of racism and murder. Wasn't there another man in Germany with the same views? :violent:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Colonel Taylor wrote:So she was for it before she was against it?

But no-one expects you to understand concepts like dropping a stupid belief, let alone redemption.
Colonel Taylor wrote:Wasn't there another man in Germany with the same views?
Hitler supported racial eugenics. Sanger did not.

Even setting race aside, Hitler supported eugenics through genocide, euthanasia, etc. Sanger opposed it, preferring birth control.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

That red print sure is hard on the eyes.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Both your quotes are fake. ...
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

rstrong wrote:The ONE remarkable thing in the story above about the cop indicted for murdering a black man, isn't the murder. It's the possibility that the cop will face justice. And it would not have happened if there were only police video and other police witnesses. Or even civilian witnesses, their word against the police. Cell phone video made it happen.

BTW, the original Black Panther Party was set up for protection against police brutality. Of course in the 1960s, police and other authorities insisted that no such protection was needed.