Trump Fears Next Election Will Be Decided by Americans

A conservative forum.
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Re: Trump Fears Next Election Will Be Decided by Americans

Unread post by .Oomba. »

I hope you don't mean the same Americans who allowed trumPutin
to seize power in 2016, or to put up with trumP and impeachment,
treachery, corruption, a Depression and The Plague for four years?

Are you saying those people are finally going to have enough and put a stop to this?
Or is the article the joke with trumP's attempt to become Tyrant the punchline?

Have you seen the MAGAT revolt in Michigan?
Not in Mississippi, mind you, but in Michigan?

trumP is not going quietly, if he goes at all.
They call me Creamy Tawdry.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

.Oomba. wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:04 am I hope you don't mean the same Americans who allowed trumPutin

Are you saying those people are finally going to have enough and put a stop to this?

I don't see him ever losing. We have been steadily losing this country since Watergate. Slow steady steps starting with Reagan's "nine most terrifying words", through Ailes, neut and the fox propaganda site. Ever forbackward 1 step ahead, 2 steps back.
Trump ain't hitler but he has a similar small base. The biggest difference is trumps power come from the real evil of McConnell and from the huge backlash to having a real live black man going in and out the front door of the White House just as big and proud as you please - hard to admit, but Obama was the biggest force in the get out the new never voted right wing voter crowd.

- and what was it their spokesperson said about the children - something about "baby mamas".
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
.Oomba.
The Janitor

Unread post by .Oomba. »

billy.pilgrim wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 am
.Oomba. wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:04 am I hope you don't mean the same Americans who allowed trumPutin

I don't see him ever losing. We have been steadily losing this country since Watergate. Slow steady steps starting with Reagan's "nine most terrifying words", through Ailes, neut and the fox propaganda site. Ever forbackward 1 step ahead, 2 steps back.
Trump ain't hitler but he has a similar small base. The biggest difference is trumps power come from the real evil of McConnell and from the huge backlash to having a real live black man going in and out the front door of the White House just as big and proud as you please - hard to admit, but Obama was the biggest force in the get out the new never voted right wing voter crowd.

- and what was it their spokesperson said about the children - something about "baby mamas".
I think that if everyone who wants to vote is allowed to vote,
and if all those votes are honestly counted, trumP is crushed.
But I don't know that we're going to see a fair and free election.
They call me Creamy Tawdry.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

.Oomba. wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:52 am
billy.pilgrim wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:06 am

I think that if everyone who wants to vote is allowed to vote,
and if all those votes are honestly counted, trumP is crushed.
But I don't know that we're going to see a fair and free election.
I hope you are right, but with foreign state sponsored videos and with the James O'Keefe types making more fake videos, mainstream news doing some idiotic dance by giving conspiracy ideas equal time against facts and trumps imaginary tale of stopping the virus and giving everyone free money will all factor into the count.

Oh, and if needed, there will be the war to consider
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I still say he's going to try and postpone the election, especially if his "open up our country" bullshit results in an even more widespread outbreak. I can't imagine the amount of blatant lying and whining and bragging and blame placing that will accompany the announcement.
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

No matter what he raves about, a real President, much less an impeached President* has no authority to dismiss Congress nor postpone/cancel the election. His power to declare martial law are way more limited than he thinks, and he probably wouldn't like it anyway. Decent discussion here:
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4 ... oronavirus

But he should certainly feel free and welcome to OD on anything available.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Ulysses wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:39 pm
neoplacebo wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:24 pm I still say he's going to try and postpone the election, especially if his "open up our country" bullshit results in an even more widespread outbreak. I can't imagine the amount of blatant lying and whining and bragging and blame placing that will accompany the announcement.
The Stable Genius has a multitude of options:

1) Aggravate the pandemic situation so the election gets postponed or cancelled.

2) When the fake protests reach a fake crescendo, declare martial law and postpone or cancel the election.

3) Dismiss Congress if it tries to impeach him again.

4) OD on Chloroquine.
One vote here for option 4
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:32 amNo matter what he raves about, a real President, much less an impeached President* has no authority to dismiss Congress nor postpone/cancel the election. His power to declare martial law are way more limited than he thinks, and he probably wouldn't like it anyway. Decent discussion here:

Limitations on presidential authority only exist if both houses of Congress and/or SCOTUS and/or the various security services say they exist.

Ut-oh.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:32 am No matter what he raves about, a real President, much less an impeached President* has no authority to dismiss Congress nor postpone/cancel the election. His power to declare martial law are way more limited than he thinks, and he probably wouldn't like it anyway. Decent discussion here:

His power to do things as he sees fit is not limited by the senate and likely will not be limited by his SC lackeys.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:57 amLimitations on presidential authority only exist if both houses of Congress and/or SCOTUS and/or the various security services say they exist.

Ut-oh.
billy.pilgrim wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:20 amHis power to do things as he sees fit is not limited by the senate and likely will not be limited by his SC lackeys.
Great minds . . .
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:20 am
O Really wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:32 am No matter what he raves about, a real President, much less an impeached President* has no authority to dismiss Congress nor postpone/cancel the election. His power to declare martial law are way more limited than he thinks, and he probably wouldn't like it anyway. Decent discussion here:

His power to do things as he sees fit is not limited by the senate and likely will not be limited by his SC lackeys.
Possibly, but here's a good legal/political analysis of the "adjourning Congress" issue, from a right-wing perspective in National Review. Short version, among other points, Obama already tried it and lost in the Supreme Court. Ironically, Obama beats Trump again.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/ ... journment/