Strange Defeat

A conservative forum.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Strange Defeat

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Just yesterday trump was squawking about how we have "been taken to the cleaners" for decades by other nations; he was referring to how global supply chains have resulted in shortages of goods needed here and that those goods should be manufactured here.....specifically drugs. I thought to myself "well, hell, it's our own fault that this is the case." For fifty years, corporate America and politicians beholden to them have sold out the American worker and American manufacturing ability to other nations, sacrificing those abilities and capacities on the altar of cheap labor (corporate profit). Side effects of this include the near total destruction of the American middle class, as well as labor unions. When I was a kid, me and the vast majority of my friends dads worked at the same company their entire career. This is a rare thing now. In any case, the situation noted above has been going on for so long now that it will be impossible to reverse it. The only chance to alleviate it is to develop new industries in areas like alternative energy and other non traditional things. But I have no doubt that should this begin to happen, the bean counters that run companies will sell us out again in favor of the short term quarterly earnings statement. They are looking the wrong way and have been for decades. It makes me somewhat grateful that I am in the twilight of my own life. I fear for the future for American children.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I've been trying to convince my son to move to another country for years.

The puppet masters in the 80s set this all in motion. They play a long game to end all New Deal type Rights of the People, while the dems are all about short term fixes - 1 step forward and 2 back. Trump wasn't their choice but he has worked well with mitch and the "rightful" transfer of wealth back to the "rightful" owners is almost complete. Fuck the worthless peons.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:05 am I've been trying to convince my son to move to another country for years.

The puppet masters in the 80s set this all in motion. They play a long game to end all New Deal type Rights of the People, while the dems are all about short term fixes - 1 step forward and 2 back. Trump wasn't their choice but he has worked well with mitch and the "rightful" transfer of wealth back to the "rightful" owners is almost complete. Fuck the worthless peons.
It all goes back to when Nixon "opened up China." They all thought it was fucking great. What was great about it was windfall profits for corporate titans via cheap labor. The irony of it is that the gains in those companies stock prices and corporate profits are dwarfed by the amount of money that flows out of the country to purchase those goods that are made with that cheap labor. I would guess it's about a one to one thousand ratio at present and will only increase as time goes on. They either did not care or were too stupid to realize what it would do to the American worker, middle class, labor unions, or even how strategically ignorant it was to put the nation at the mercy of a foreign country to provide us with things we used to make here. You can't eat, wear, watch, or store your food in tanks and planes. I have a very dim hope that this virus outbreak will open some eyes as to the wisdom of being a nation of consumers reliant on others for virtually everything we need or want. But I suspect the short term quarterly bottom line fools will succeed in contributing to our own demise.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

fdfdfwei68 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:37 am I said I didn't understand
And you never will
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

fdfdfwei68 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:37 am I said I didn't understand
Hey, fiddleweiss, you still confused? I'd bet the farm that you are.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

So, just what is it that fdfdfwei68 doesn't understand?

Bearing in mind fdfdfwei68 has posted only three times on BRD. So I'm not sure it's of any importance.

YMMV
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:47 pm So, just what is it that fdfdfwei68 doesn't understand?

Bearing in mind fdfdfwei68 has posted only three times on BRD. So I'm not sure it's of any importance.

YMMV
The list is extensive and covers topics from A to Z. Pick one and he's guaranteed not to understand even the basic concepts involved. Because of this, he's been avidly sucking up stuff on Newsmax and various other media sources that also don't understand anything but money and manipulation of the feeble minded. Same as it ever was.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 pmThe list is extensive and covers topics from A to Z. Pick one and he's guaranteed not to understand even the basic concepts involved. Because of this, he's been avidly sucking up stuff on Newsmax and various other media sources that also don't understand anything but money and manipulation of the feeble minded. Same as it ever was.
fdfdfwei68 was a bot that was here for 8 minutes.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1586

It's never appeared anywhere else.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:24 pm
Ulysses wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:47 pm So, just what is it that fdfdfwei68 doesn't understand?

YMMV
The list is extensive and covers topics from A to Z. Pick one and he's guaranteed not to understand even the basic concepts involved. Because of this, he's been avidly sucking up stuff on Newsmax and various other media sources that also don't understand anything but money and manipulation of the feeble minded. Same as it ever was.
Did I say he had posted three times? My bad. The record shows just two posts, both with the same line:
I said I didn't understand
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

rightsfox72 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:59 pm Its certainly very scary for all of us. I hate to think that our votes didn't actually count the way they were suppose to but as we know these things have been happening for years.

I'm contemplating moving out of the country all together..
Your vote counted, but if it was for trump - please refrain from any further voting.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

rightsfox72 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:59 pm Its certainly very scary for all of us. I hate to think that our votes didn't actually count the way they were suppose to but as we know these things have been happening for years.

I'm not scared. You seem to be. Why don't you just go ahead and kill yourself? Thanks.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

rightsfox72 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:59 pmIts certainly very scary for all of us. I hate to think that our votes didn't actually count the way they were suppose to but as we know these things have been happening for years.

You are correct! Virginia was a travesty and the cheating lying RepuQ Glenn Youngkin needs to be thrown out by any means necessary.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Am I missing something?

First we have the user fdfdfwei68, who Neo calls Fiddlewiess, who joined in 2020 and has all of two posts. Then on 11-4-2021 we had a new poster by the name of rightsfox72 who joined that day and has five posts. I'm sort of wondering if they are the same person. Not that it's important. But it is a strange thread in that respect. Seems like a big gap between the thread creation in April of last year, with perhaps lots of missing posts between then and now. I guess.

Oh well, probably doesn't matter anyway.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Isn't "Strange Defeat" the stage name of a well known stomper?
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Strange de Jim

Unread post by Ulysses »

And one should be careful not to confuse "Strange Defeat" with "Strange de Jim".

Strange de Jim is a local SF non-celebrity who used to send notes to SF Chronicle columnist Herb Caen, with no return address. They were mostly clever and always strange. In fact he could have been Neoplasmid's mentor back in the day.

Here's a link to the Strange de Jim website (of course these days every 70's celebrity who is still kicking has their own website):

https://www.strangedejim.com/welcome

(I also must thank Neo for creating this thread, which led me to research Strange de Jim and learn all sorts of stuff I never knew.)