COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

From a guy that's never taken a jab of anything in his life.... :roll:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Yeah, when I get sick, Hulk Hogan immediately pops into my mind as the go-to physician.

Not.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:wave: :wave:
Bye, bye.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 pm
:wave: :wave:
Bye, bye.
She said it’s “just the flu" and was taking hydroxychloroquine "for two years". That worked well.
They're dropping like flies
They keep playing Russian roulette.
Thanks in part to Russian disinformation.
Give the lady a Herman Cain award!
I hate that I have zero empathy for this person.
I don't hate myself for not having empathy for a Qanon conspiracy theorist.

Not one ounce.
The more anti-vaxxers, the fewer anti-vaxxers.
We're evolving to be smarter
Clever first post.
Well at least we know where she ended up!

The feel-good stories keep rolling in.
:D
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Hot mic catches Fauci calling GOP senator 'a moron'

:lol: When he's right, he's right.
Quebec to levy financial penalty on unvaccinated adults

... Premier Francois Legault said not getting vaccinated leads to consequences for the health care system and not all Quebecers should pay for that....

Legault said the amount of the penalty hasn’t been decided, but will be “significant.” More details will be released at a later date.

He said about 10% of adults in Quebec are unvaccinated, but they represent about 50% of intensive care patients....

Quebec liquor and cannabis stores will also require proof of vaccination to enter starting Jan. 18 and the government has warned that shopping malls and hair salons could soon require vaccine passports. Appointments for first doses jumped immediately after.

Quebec reported 62 more deaths related to COVID-19, the sometimes fatal illness that can be caused by the coronavirus. That raised the province's COVID-19 deaths to 12,028, the most in Canada.

Some European countries have started levying fees on their citizens who are not vaccinated.

In Greece, people older than 60 have until Sunday to get their first coronavirus shots or be fined 100 euros ($113) for every month they remain unvaccinated.

Austria’s health minister announced last month the government plans to impose fines of up to 3,600 euros ($4,000) on people who flout a coronavirus vaccine mandate that it aims to introduce in February for all residents age 14 and over.

In Italy, residents 50 and older are required to be vaccinated, and beginning in mid-February those failing to do so will face fines as high as 1,600 euros ($1,800) if they enter their workplaces.
:---P :happy-cheerleaderkid:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Will the Republicans at some point come to realize that it's mostly their own voters who are dying? And when they do realize it, how long and hard will they try to deny they had any responsibility in it? Or will they blame everything on radical Democrats? I feel the time is fast approaching that they will have to confront what they've done.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:17 am
Will the Republicans at some point come to realize that it's mostly their own voters who are dying? And when they do realize it, how long and hard will they try to deny they had any responsibility in it? Or will they blame everything on radical Democrats? I feel the time is fast approaching that they will have to confront what they've done.
The detachment from reality is total amongst their ilk and there won't be any consequences.
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:31 pm

:-|| , though it's not that big a leap to predict that stupid policy will lead to unfortunate results.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:01 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:07 am
Total US deaths are now at 861,336, which means that we have surpassed the high estimates for the tragic counts of Civil War soldier deaths and for the US deaths in the 1918 influenza pandemic. COVID-19 has been the deadliest event in American history. :cry:
You would think that that simple fact would be enough to make people understand.

Maybe it needs to be emphasized more.
It's not very compassionate of me, but I think that many stupid people are unteachable.
I'm thinking Vrede has it right.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:42 am
Awwww,
Bless his heart.

He's unvaccinated of course.

Glenn Beck Says He Has COVID Again and It’s Hit His Lungs, but He’s Taking Ivermectin
Beck knew how to avoid COVID:
Senate Candidate and Former Football Star Claimed to Have COVID-Killing Spray Before Vaccines Rolled Out

Retired NFL star-turned-Republican political candidate Herschel Walker made some unusual comments during a podcast appearance in the summer of 2020, before COVID-19 vaccines were available, about a "spray" or a "mist" to "kill" the virus that causes the disease.

"Do you know right now, I have something that can bring you into a building, that will clean you from COVID, as you walk through this, this dry mist?" Walker asked conservative commentator and author Glenn Beck in his appearance two years ago. "As you walk through the door, it will kill any COVID on your body. EPA-, FDA-approved." ...
Glenn, Glenn, why didn't you use the dry mist?
Mom vows to find 7-year-old daughter after ex-husband fled with the girl to avoid having her vaccinated

In sunglasses and a black beanie, a Canadian man named Michael Jackson on Friday appeared on "Live with Laura-Lynn," a right-wing online show, and explained why he's been on the run with his 7-year-old daughter for the last two months.

Jackson told the host, Laura-Lynn Tyler Thompson, that his ex-wife wanted to vaccinate their daughter against the coronavirus, and "I couldn't let it happen."

... In November, the Canadian government approved the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for children ages 5 to 11. Since then, about 45% of children in that age group have received at least one vaccine dose, while only 2% are fully vaccinated, according to the Canadian government. About 87% of Canadians 12 and older are fully vaccinated....

In the United States, about 17% of children ages 5 to 11 are fully vaccinated - a rate health experts called "very disturbing" and due in part to distrust and misinformation about vaccines among parents, the Associated Press reported. More than 62 percent of Americans are fully vaccinated, according to vaccine data tracked by The Washington Post.

On Friday, Michael Jackson spoke to Tyler Thompson, a Christian TV host and author who has promoted vaccine skepticism on her online show. With his daughter on a couch in the background, Jackson explained that he and his ex-wife had gone through "a really bad divorce."

He claimed that, under the terms of the divorce, Mariecar Jackson makes final decisions about their daughter's medical issues and that she had expressed her intentions to have the 7-year-old vaccinated. Believing he would lose a challenge in court, Michael Jackson said he did not return the girl to her mother following a November visit to his house. The girl has been with him ever since, he said.

"I'm following God, and I'm doing what he wants me to do," Michael Jackson said.
Gee, I wonder why Mom got primary custody.
... On "Live with Laura-Lynn," the Jacksons' daughter said she did not want the coronavirus vaccine because she said she thought "it can change your DNA."

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the coronavirus vaccines do not interact with a person's DNA and thus do not alter it....
:(
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

It bears repeating...
...The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19 in people or animals. Ivermectin has not been shown to be safe or effective for these indications.

There’s a lot of misinformation around, and you may have heard that it’s okay to take large doses of ivermectin. It is not okay.

Even the levels of ivermectin for approved human uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death. ...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:43 pm
(signature: obsessed :crybaby: gibberish)
Awww. :violin:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:32 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:42 am
Awwww,
Bless his heart.

He's unvaccinated of course.

Glenn Beck Says He Has COVID Again and It’s Hit His Lungs, but He’s Taking Ivermectin
Beck knew how to avoid COVID:
Senate Candidate and Former Football Star Claimed to Have COVID-Killing Spray Before Vaccines Rolled Out

Retired NFL star-turned-Republican political candidate Herschel Walker made some unusual comments during a podcast appearance in the summer of 2020, before COVID-19 vaccines were available, about a "spray" or a "mist" to "kill" the virus that causes the disease.

"Do you know right now, I have something that can bring you into a building, that will clean you from COVID, as you walk through this, this dry mist?" Walker asked conservative commentator and author Glenn Beck in his appearance two years ago. "As you walk through the door, it will kill any COVID on your body. EPA-, FDA-approved." ...
Glenn, Glenn, why didn't you use the dry mist?
Mom vows to find 7-year-old daughter after ex-husband fled with the girl to avoid having her vaccinated

In sunglasses and a black beanie, a Canadian man named Michael Jackson on Friday appeared on "Live with Laura-Lynn," a right-wing online show, and explained why he's been on the run with his 7-year-old daughter for the last two months.

Jackson told the host, Laura-Lynn Tyler Thompson, that his ex-wife wanted to vaccinate their daughter against the coronavirus, and "I couldn't let it happen."

... In November, the Canadian government approved the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for children ages 5 to 11. Since then, about 45% of children in that age group have received at least one vaccine dose, while only 2% are fully vaccinated, according to the Canadian government. About 87% of Canadians 12 and older are fully vaccinated....

In the United States, about 17% of children ages 5 to 11 are fully vaccinated - a rate health experts called "very disturbing" and due in part to distrust and misinformation about vaccines among parents, the Associated Press reported. More than 62 percent of Americans are fully vaccinated, according to vaccine data tracked by The Washington Post.

On Friday, Michael Jackson spoke to Tyler Thompson, a Christian TV host and author who has promoted vaccine skepticism on her online show. With his daughter on a couch in the background, Jackson explained that he and his ex-wife had gone through "a really bad divorce."

He claimed that, under the terms of the divorce, Mariecar Jackson makes final decisions about their daughter's medical issues and that she had expressed her intentions to have the 7-year-old vaccinated. Believing he would lose a challenge in court, Michael Jackson said he did not return the girl to her mother following a November visit to his house. The girl has been with him ever since, he said.

"I'm following God, and I'm doing what he wants me to do," Michael Jackson said.
Gee, I wonder why Mom got primary custody.
... On "Live with Laura-Lynn," the Jacksons' daughter said she did not want the coronavirus vaccine because she said she thought "it can change your DNA."

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the coronavirus vaccines do not interact with a person's DNA and thus do not alter it....
:(
Georgia Georgia why are uou going to send this moron to congress?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:37 pm
Georgia Georgia why are you going to send this moron to congress?
Dem Warnock is vulnerable, but I've read that Herschel Walker is so flawed that even RepuQ leadership doesn't want him. Idk, but he may struggle in the primary.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Yeah, the country is in trouble and elections have consequences.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:06 pm
Like mother, like son.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Gors ... inistrator

They foul whatever nest they're in.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:20 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Like mother, like son.

Wonder if it was strategic to diminish her, or he is just that big of an asshole.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Like mother, like son.

At least she died young.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:21 pm
Wonder if it was strategic to diminish her, or he is just that big of an asshole.
Diminish her how?
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 pm
At least she died young.
62. Old enough to produce Neil and do some other damage. Her public-sphere life pretty much ended 18 years before her death.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Diminish her how?
GoCubsGo wrote:
At least she died young.
62. Old enough to produce Neil and do some other damage. Her public-sphere life pretty much ended 18 years before her death.
I would think that removing her physical presence (and only her presence) in the chamber takes away from her effectiveness compared to the other judges being physically present in the room.

My wife drove to N.O. yesterday for an Elton John concert tonight in order to be present. She could have stayed home and watched it on a screen.

Right or wrong, it seems likely that the gorsuch might think that way.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Like mother, like son.

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:57 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:27 am
Diminish her how?
GoCubsGo wrote:
At least she died young.
I would think that removing her physical presence (and only her presence) in the chamber takes away from her effectiveness compared to the other judges being physically present in the room.

My wife drove to N.O. yesterday for an Elton John concert tonight in order to be present. She could have stayed home and watched it on a screen.

Right or wrong, it seems likely that the gorsuch might think that way.
Ah, I thought that you meany Neil's mom.

IMO yes, diminish Sotomayor and Neil's a big asshole.
1312. ETTD.