COVIDiots

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: COVIDiots

Unread post by O Really »

So anyone who's watch Bear Grylls knows drinking your own urine won't do you any harm. So why is that? Because it's close to sterile, with low bacteria. And the anti-vaxxer idiots aren't the only ones who have ever claimed that urine has curative powers, but for some reason they never say why it "works." Never have identified a component that does anything. They don't even bother to use the language some of the questionable pharmaceutical products use - "xbveniz 'is believed' to [do something] in some patients." Magic voodoo, I guess.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Christopher Key has a big of a nutjob history.

https://www.bhamwiki.com/w/Christopher_Key
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

I wonder if we can get them to eat shit, too. We could claim it's even better than urine. When they say "drink urine!" we can respond with "eat shit!"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:47 pm
I wonder if we can get them to eat shit, too. We could claim it's even better than urine. When they say "drink urine!" we can respond with "eat shit!"
:D

When they say, "Drink urine to live!" we can respond with, "Eat shit and die!"
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:57 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jam ... 30935.html
... “I’ve decided to remove all my music from Spotify," Mitchell, who like Young is a polio survivor, shared in a statement posted to her website on Friday. "Irresponsible people are spreading lies that are costing people their lives. I stand in solidarity with Neil Young and the global scientific and medical communities on this issue.”
What a difference a very few years makes. Thanks to vaccines polio was never a worry for me.
Musician Nils Lofgren of Crazy Horse and E Street Band fame is also pulling his material, while author and social scientist Brené Brown announced over Twitter on Saturday that she is not releasing her podcasts on the streaming service "until further notice."

... Prince Harry has made his opinions known. According to a statement from the Archewell production company founded by the royal and wife Meghan Markle, whose 2018 wedding Blunt attended, the couple have been voicing concerns to Spotify since last April about “the all-too-real consequences of COVID-19 misinformation on its platform.”

The couple have a multiyear podcasting goal with Spotify, but "have continued to express our concerns to Spotify to ensure changes to its platform are made to help address this public health crisis. We look to Spotify to meet this moment and are committed to continuing our work together as it does.”

... (Spotify CEO Daniel) Ek noted that Spotify will add a content advisory to podcast episodes that discuss COVID-19, directing listeners to fact-based resources on the subject "to combat misinformation." He also pledged to "raise awareness around what's acceptable and help creators understand their accountability for the content they post on our platform." ...
David Crosby and Stephen Stills Ask to Remove Their Music From Spotify — Including Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Albums

David Crosby and Stephen Stills have joined Neil Young and Graham Nash in asking their labels to remove their collective recordings from Spotify.

According to the announcement, in support of stopping harmful misinformation about Covid-19 on Joe Rogan’s Spotify-hosted podcast, the musicians have decided to remove their records from the streaming platform including the recordings of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; Crosby, Stills & Nash and Crosby-Nash, as well as Crosby’s and Stills’ solo projects. Nash has already begun the process to take down his solo recordings....

Following a similar request by Joni Mitchell, the move reunites the five artists, who have been friends and collaborators since the 1960s, in a stance that they certainly could not have imagined 50 years ago. While only longtime Young and Bruce Springsteen guitarist Nils Lofgren has joined their stance, many musicians have said that they would like to remove their music from the streaming giant — the world’s largest paid music-subscription service — but either can’t legally do so, since their music is actually owned by record labels, or cannot afford to.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

There's some debate on the left whether Young, etc have chosen the best tactic, but it's already had a huge impact:
National discussion of the issues;
Stock price cratering;
Spotify warning labels on COVIDiocy;
And now:

Dozens of Joe Rogan podcast episodes pulled from Spotify
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:15 pm
There's some debate on the left whether Young, etc have chosen the best tactic, but it's already had a huge impact:
Stock price cratering;
And now:

I dropped Spotify

Glad I went to Tidal
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Stock price cratering;
And now:

I dropped Spotify ...
As part of the Young protest against Rogan, or earlier for other reasons? It's a huge sponsor of Ellen. I wonder if she has publicly reacted or will react.

Rogan is now saying that he will "bring more balance" to his COVID podcasts, whatever that means. I'm proud of Neil for having such an impact at 76.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:37 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Stock price cratering;
And now:

I dropped Spotify

Glad I went to Tidal
I've no use for either.

O Really
Admiral

I haven't seen the contracts between Spotify podcasters and the company, so maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see why "content moderation" is such a big deal. It seems unlikely that Spotify would give up 100% control of content to a podcaster and not retain any ability to get rid of them or ban certain content from the podcast. They don't have to drop Rogen, and pulling some of the more egregious episodes is nice, but how hard is it to say "Joe - don't spread unproven bullshit about covid on your podcast, and if you do, we'll pull it." Is that any different from saying "Joe, don't have any 'conversation' on your podcast with that guy that advocates gang rape as a therapeutic treatment for depression in women."

What's so hard for these people to understand they're not the government. "First Amendment" does not apply. They're a private corporation, bound only by the terms of their contracts. If they want to get rid of mis-information, they can easily do it. Oh wait...maybe they don't want to?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:46 am
I haven't seen the contracts between Spotify podcasters and the company, so maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see why "content moderation" is such a big deal....
$$$
Podcaster Joe Rogan gets $100 million offer from Trump-affiliated site Rumble

... His show, "The Joe Rogan Experience," has become one of the most popular podcasts on Spotify after the streaming platform started featuring it in 2020. The Wall Street Journal had then reported that Spotify's exclusive licensing deal for the show was worth more than $100 million....
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:45 pm
O Really wrote:
I haven't seen the contracts between Spotify podcasters and the company, so maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see why "content moderation" is such a big deal....
$$$
Podcaster Joe Rogan gets $100 million offer from Trump-affiliated site Rumble

... His show, "The Joe Rogan Experience," has become one of the most popular podcasts on Spotify after the streaming platform started featuring it in 2020. The Wall Street Journal had then reported that Spotify's exclusive licensing deal for the show was worth more than $100 million....
My view remains unchanged. Rogan was popular before he became a covid lightning rod. He would be popular if he weren't a covid lightning rod.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:14 pm
My view remains unchanged. Rogan was popular before he became a covid lightning rod. He would be popular if he weren't a covid lightning rod.
I'm not saying that Rogan couldn't change his rants, but if he chooses not to then Spotify has to weigh his revenue against thousands of lives (plus the hit to its stock value as it turns out). Apparently, Rogan has alternate potential sources of income like Rumble
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Former 'Hercules' Star Kevin Sorbo's Vaccine-Trolling Tweet Backfires Badly

Former “Hercules” star Kevin Sorbo attempted to troll those danged libs on Monday with a tweet about COVID-19 vaccines, but it backfired badly.

That’s because many people with the opposite of Sorbo’s politics actually agreed with his tweet ― even though it wasn’t the point he was trying to make....

He's so fucking close to a breakthrough here, don't anyone move
Excellent idea, glad to see conservatives coming around on this issue.
*extremely bernie sanders voice*

I agree with Her-CUH-leesz! We need a Medicare For All program that ensures all Americans, no matter whether they're rich or poor, get the health care they need
:---P More tweets at link.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:16 am
Former 'Hercules' Star Kevin Sorbo's Vaccine-Trolling Tweet Backfires Badly

Former “Hercules” star Kevin Sorbo attempted to troll those danged libs on Monday with a tweet about COVID-19 vaccines, but it backfired badly.

That’s because many people with the opposite of Sorbo’s politics actually agreed with his tweet ― even though it wasn’t the point he was trying to make....

He's so fucking close to a breakthrough here, don't anyone move
Excellent idea, glad to see conservatives coming around on this issue.
*extremely bernie sanders voice*

I agree with Her-CUH-leesz! We need a Medicare For All program that ensures all Americans, no matter whether they're rich or poor, get the health care they need
:---P More tweets at link.
"He's so fucking close to a breakthrough here, don't anyone move"
says it all

I really believe that their Irony Impairment is an actual disability that needs serious study. This herculean mind's voice to the south Carolina guy's - Keep government out of my Medicare, or the - your taxes must pay for my hom scul, and now DeSantis and his new - sue a woke law, are all enormous examples of an inability to accept reality.
Nature, nurture, or both, requires study and possible reinstatement of Jade Helm. Detention in the Texas and New Mexico abandoned Walmarts may be the only solution. At this point it’s doubtful that re-education will work.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
O Really wrote:
I can't say I've ever been a big Joe Rogan fan. Seems to me he's always played the ignorant guy to the hilt.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:35 pm
O Really wrote:
O Really wrote:
I can't say I've ever been a big Joe Rogan fan. Seems to me he's always played the ignorant guy to the hilt.
He was a good host on "Fear Factor." I don't know anything else about him.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:53 pm
Ulysses wrote:
O Really wrote:
O Really wrote:
Another show I seldom if ever watched.

I was probably zipping around the hills on a sport bike instead. Without much fear, as I recall.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
O Really wrote:
O Really wrote:
Same here. I only know of him from when he offered people money to eat big roaches and other weird stuff. Looks like he himself now just eats and spews shit. I consider him a good candidate for stomping.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:04 am
O Really wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
O Really wrote:
O Really wrote:
Same here. I only know of him from when he offered people money to eat big roaches and other weird stuff. Looks like he himself now just eats and spews shit. I consider him a good candidate for stomping.
I see.

So now you are threatening Joe Rogan with serious bodily injury, or death?