How to know and avoid Corona Virus risks

A place to find quick links to facts that support reality. Good for ending debates quickly, especially repeated debates.

Not intended as a place for discussion.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: How to know and avoid Corona Virus risks

Unread post by Vrede too »

Poor baby picked a fight when he never had a shot, just as he has done so many times before. Now, he just can't face being a LOSER.

Cower, idiotic Useless :crybaby: , cower.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Zzzzzzzzzzz....

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

You return to the site of your shame just to nap? Kinky.

One feature of yours that is both endearing and pathetic is your masochistic insistence on drawing attention to your flops, lies and cowardice ad nauseam. You're welcome for the enabling, it's hilarious.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Blah blah blah...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's so nice of you to obediently return every time to revisit your shame. Good boy! Here, try not to cum too fast:
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:00 pm
Once again, your prediction is merely a description of your own paranoid stupidity.
YOU are the one that followed me here to launch an idiotic attack and don't have the balls to admit how badly it failed.
YOU are the one now throwing multiple tantrums about it while ducking all topical discussion.
What we ALL saw before was you throwing whiny fits "all over BRD" despite pleas from others to limit your screeching to particular threads and my adhering to their requests.
It's always hilarious how your infantile caterwauling is really projection of your own many many failings.

Let's tally what you're desperately cowering from, pussy:
Your attack out of the blue was nonsensical.
Quotes from our own source proved the nonsense of it.
You're still running away from my first response's question.
You lied about "magical", moronically denied having posted it and can't face having your two lies called out.
Your funny ignorance of radio practices, even ignorance by Hollywood standards. Your latest is yet another "out" fail. That's how easy it is for me to push your buttons. Ha!

Your disdain for healthcare workers is twisted and your cretinous delusions about what ER RNs do is a scream. As always, you came here imagining your superiority, but really just proved what an inferior slug you are. No wonder even the LNF lefties detest you. You can't even admit the shame that we both know you will experience when nurses and aides once again supply the caring, expert service that you've never had the skills nor temperament to offer others. Wimps that are prone to getting their asses kicked by neighbors that are never even charged, exactly as neoplacebo predicted and you've been too sackless to admit, should avoid such easily predictable humiliation.

Finally, your lifelong anal obsession is once again noted. It's a shame that your toilet training was so harsh and you've never had the smarts nor spine to grow out of it. Awwww.
Cower, imbecile Useless, cower.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Best way to avoid covid: get vaccinated.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: How to know and avoid Coronavirus risks

Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:52 pm
Yeah, other than D3 recommended by my MD pre-coronavirus supplements aren't usually my thing and I'll be quitting them. However, hundreds of millions of us can't even get in vaccine line yet.
Last edited by Vrede too on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:17 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:52 pm
Yeah, other than D3 recommended by my MD pre-coronavirus supplements aren't usually my thing and I'll be quitting them. However, hundreds of millions of us can't even get in vaccine line yet.
Do you still have your license?

If so, you can get in line.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:24 pm

It's lapsed. Even if I did have it I would not feel right claiming to be a healthcare worker when I'm nowhere near the front line.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:29 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:24 pm

It's lapsed. Even if I did have it I would not feel right claiming to be a healthcare worker when I'm nowhere near the front line.
👍Understood.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:58 am
👍 Understood.
It's funny, if I hadn't retired when I did I would either be fully vaccinated or quite possibly dead. Here I sit, stuck between the two.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:58 am
👍 Understood.
It's funny, if I hadn't retired when I did I would either be fully vaccinated or quite possibly dead. Here I sit, stuck between the two.
What's the latest on vaccines in NC?

Guess you can ask the peoples here, but getting the vaccine mostly means you can possibly sleep a little better. Don't think it's changed anyone's lifestyle drastically.

No crowded restaurants or movie theaters on the horizon.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:20 am

Guess you can ask the peoples here, but getting the vaccine mostly means you can possibly sleep a little better. Don't think it's changed anyone's lifestyle drastically.

Health Dept:
Vaccination Groups

Group I belong to
Group 1: Health Care Workers and Long-Term Care Staff and residents
Group 2: Adults 65+
Group 3: Frontline Essential Workers
Group 4: Adults at High Risk for Exposure and Increased Risk of Severe Illness
Group 5: Everyone
I MIGHT qualify for Group 4 based on risk factors, otherwise Group 5.
Current Priority Groups | Henderson County is vaccinating:

Group 1: Health Care Workers and Long-Term Care Staff and Residents
Group 2: Older Adults
Group 3: Child Care and School Workers Only - Vaccine providers are coordinating directly with schools and child care centers to roster individuals who wish to receive the vaccine. Eligible workers in this group should not register on the waitlist.
I see my MD 3/31, no idea if his parameters are different or if I'll have the "Luck O' The O'Really" in stumbling into a vaccine there. I'm not bothering to check pharmacies, Asheville, SC, etc. I'll settle for my Health Dept's queue along with the masses. For me, it's only inconvenient to stay safe.

2 weeks after vaccination I'll feel okay about going anywhere, though I'll stay masked for others' peace of mind and in solidarity.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:46 am
GoCubsGo wrote:

Health Dept:
Vaccination Groups

Group I belong to
Group 1: Health Care Workers and Long-Term Care Staff and residents
Group 2: Adults 65+
Group 3: Frontline Essential Workers
Group 4: Adults at High Risk for Exposure and Increased Risk of Severe Illness
Group 5: Everyone
I MIGHT qualify for Group 4 based on risk factors, otherwise Group 5.
Current Priority Groups | Henderson County is vaccinating:

Group 1: Health Care Workers and Long-Term Care Staff and Residents
Group 2: Older Adults
Group 3: Child Care and School Workers Only - Vaccine providers are coordinating directly with schools and child care centers to roster individuals who wish to receive the vaccine. Eligible workers in this group should not register on the waitlist.
I see my MD 3/31, no idea if his parameters are different or if I'll have the "Luck O' The O'Really" in stumbling into a vaccine there. I'm not bothering to check pharmacies, Asheville, SC, etc. I'll settle for my Health Dept's queue along with the masses. For me, it's only inconvenient to stay safe.

2 weeks after vaccination I'll feel okay about going anywhere, though I'll stay masked for others' peace of mind and in solidarity.
Told everyone my sis and bro in law kind of lucked into it also. A friend is a nurse and they had extra one day and she called them and they rushed over.

They didn't feel bad cause it might've been wasted.

Any possibility? Put out the word.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:

I got my first Pfizer shot Feb 7, and my second Feb 28. They say it takes two weeks after the second shot for the most protection. So I really haven't changed my routine much, although it does make me feel a little more secure. Like I probably won't die if I do catch covid.

I figure mid-March will be the most protection, although the variants are worrisome. But yeah, it's a bit of a relief to have got the vaccine.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:53 am
Told everyone my sis and bro in law kind of lucked into it also. A friend is a nurse and they had extra one day and she called them and they rushed over.

They didn't feel bad cause it might've been wasted.

Any possibility? Put out the word.
It's cool. My chance of exposure is way low, and I didn't work in the circles of folks giving out vaccines, anyhow. I’m just a civilian now. If something falls in my lap, fine, but I’m not putting effort into jumping the line ahead of other locals. I sure don’t want to stress over it like so many people are.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Why I waited my turn here in my county:

Vaccine guilt is good – as long it doesn’t stop you from getting a shot

I'm sad that there are countries and communities within this country where access is worse than I experienced, but I don't really feel guilt over it.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:41 am
Why I waited my turn here in my county:

Vaccine guilt is good – as long it doesn’t stop you from getting a shot

I'm sad that there are countries and communities within this country where access is worse than I experienced, but I don't really feel guilt over it.
We were diligent, persistent, and fortunate to get ours on the second or third day of our eligibility. I'm sure there are many who needed the vaccine sooner than we did. We really control our lives very well and can stay away from people and have overall low exposure. And I suppose that if we knew of some specific person(s) who were at higher risk and we could make sure they got our space, maybe we would have given it to them. But that's not the way it works. If we had just said "Oh, we'll wait until lots more needy people have had theirs," we really wouldn't have had any expectation that the spaces would have been better used. I say don't cheat, but take the first shot you have available at the first opportunity, and feel no guilt. Be happy to contribute to the overall number of vaccinated people.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 am
... I say don't cheat, but take the first shot you have available at the first opportunity, and feel no guilt. Be happy to contribute to the overall number of vaccinated people.
That's what I did, perhaps just a very few days later than I could have if I was scouring the websites. I did shun the big box pharmacies on principle and did not go searching out of county, but neither choice may have mattered.

Opps:
Staying 6 feet apart indoors does almost nothing to stop the spread of COVID-19, MIT study finds

... According to MIT researchers, the rule is based on an outdated understanding of how the coronavirus moves in closed spaces.

They said other variables - like the number of people in a space, whether they wear masks, what they are doing, and the level of ventilation - were much more important....

In some cases, the exposure level might be the same at 6 feet as at 60 feet, one of the study authors has said....

"The distancing isn't helping you that much, and it's also giving you a false sense of security because you're as safe at 6 feet as you are at 60 feet if you're indoors. Everyone in that space is at roughly the same risk, actually," Bazant told CNBC....

At the beginning of the pandemic, it was widely believed that the virus traveled via heavier droplets ejected during exhalation, sneezing, or speaking.

But evidence has long suggested that the virus instead floats around on lighter aerosol droplets that can stay suspended in the air and travel much farther than first thought.

... in an environment in which the air is moving around the room and people are talking, eating, singing, and sneezing, the drops can be suspended in the airflow and mixed throughout the room longer.

The effect can be counteracted by ventilation or filtration to get the virus particles out of circulation in the room....

For example, if an infected person walks into a classroom hosting 25 people, none wearing masks and all speaking, everyone would be at risk from the coronavirus within 36 minutes, the website says. It doesn't matter if they follow the 6-foot rule.

By contrast, if all 25 people in that room were wearing a mask, the air would be safe to breathe for 20 hours, it said.

If they were all singing without a mask, they be at risk from the virus within three minutes....

As for rules dictating social distancing outdoors, Bazant said they are "kind of crazy," CNBC reported. The infected air "would be swept away," Bazant said, making the rule irrelevant.

Unless the space outdoors is crowded, Bazant said, he would feel comfortable being as close as 3 feet even without masks.

Experts have told Insider that when it is possible to stay more than 6 feet away from people, wearing a mask outside is not always necessary.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"Martin Bazant and John Bush, both MIT professors in applied mathematics, developed a formula to estimate how long it would take for a person to hit dangerous levels of exposure from one infected person entering a room."

Yeah, well, it may be, but I'll wait until the real infectious disease people have reviewed it before giving up my distance.