2022 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: 2022 elections

Unread post by Ulysses »

Sho am glad I live in Northern California...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:58 pm
CNN live reporting from Hendersonville! 🤪
MSNBC this am, too! All hail MadCaw, we haven't been this famous since:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_McGuire_Twins
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:13 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:58 pm
CNN live reporting from Hendersonville! 🤪
MSNBC this am, too! All hail MadCaw, we haven't been this famous since:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_McGuire_Twins
:D
Homey's!
The twins often used a finishing move called the "Tupelo Splash", which involved one of the twins diving belly-first onto a prone opponent; they would follow this with "The Steamroller", where the twin would roll back and forward over the opponent.[
Tupelo splash needs to be a thing.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:27 am

Good for a specialty drink at Tupelo Honey.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:35 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:27 am

Good for a specialty drink at Tupelo Honey.
Surprisingly, that's not a thing.

https://tupelohoneycafe.com/location/do ... /#bar-menu
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Republican Panic Grows After Mastriano Wins

The aftershocks of Tuesday’s big primaries are still rumbling across Pennsylvania, but one impact is already clear: Republican voters’ choice of Doug Mastriano in the governor’s race is giving the GOP fits.

Conversations with Republican strategists, donors and lobbyists in and outside of Pennsylvania in recent days reveal a party seething with anxiety, dissension and score-settling over Mastriano’s nomination.

In the run-up to Tuesday night, Republicans openly used words and phrases such as “suicide mission,” “disaster” and “voyage of the Titanic” to convey just what a catastrophe they believed his candidacy will be for their party....

Mastriano’s vulnerabilities are legion, GOP operatives lament.

The state senator and retired U.S. Army colonel has taken a hard line on abortion, which he has said should be illegal under all circumstances. He organized buses to Washington for the Jan. 6, 2021, rally in Washington and can be seen on video crossing police lines at the Capitol as the rally became a riot. He has also been a leading advocate of the baseless claims that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump.

Mastriano’s name has appeared in documents released by the committee investigating the Capitol riot, and he claims to have been in close personal contact with Trump about their shared drive to overturn President Joe Biden’s victory. In February, the committee demanded “documents and information that are relevant to the select committee’s investigation” in a letter to Mastriano. He has refused to say whom he would appoint as secretary of state, a critical position overseeing election infrastructure and voting.

Mastriano has appeared at events linked to QAnon, the amorphous conspiracy theory that alleges there is a secret cabal of elite pedophiles running the federal government and other major U.S. institutions. He also has made statements that veer into Islamophobia....

Mastriano gave scant indication during Tuesday’s victory speech that he was ready to shift toward a more palatable general election message. Listing his early priorities as governor, he said, “mandates are gone,” “any jab for job requirements are gone,” critical race theory is “over,” “only biological females can play on biological female teams” and “you can only use the bathroom that your biological anatomy says.” ...
Pooor Repugs, you tolerated Trumpism for way too long. :violin:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Las Vegas Sun EDITORIAL:
In search of GOP candidates willing to stand up for democracy

... The Editorial Board, and Nevadans as a whole, are facing an agonizing problem. We have endorsed Republicans in the past and might do so again in the future. Yet as we survey the field of Republican candidates across the state, we are struggling to identify those who are not an active threat to American democracy or the institutions of government that have sustained our republic for 250 years....

Since the insurrection, Republican leadership across the nation has worked to disenfranchise voters, allow themselves to defy the will of voters outright and to allow partisan interference in the vote count. The GOP leadership’s assault on voting rights and basic fairness has been horrifying to watch. Happily, so far Nevada has escaped such corruption. But the coming election could change all that if Big Lie candidates gain office.

Trump told The Washington Post last month that he wished he could have marched on the Capitol with the rioters, but that the Secret Service wouldn’t allow it. And now, numerous GOP candidates in Nevada are saying they wish they had been there too — not to stop the violence, but to endorse it....

Of the five leading Republican candidates for the governorship of Nevada, every one of them has gone on record as both supporting and contributing to the Big Lie. In doing so, they have all made a choice to subvert our democracy, undermine the integrity of our elections, and ignore the Constitution of the United States.

Will GOP leaders stand up for the rule of law and free and fair elections by rejecting autocracy and lies? Or will they continue to debase themselves and their formerly great party by kneeling to their unhinged demigod, Donald Trump, and his dreams of authoritarianism....

As we are working on evaluations for our primary endorsements, we are pained to admit that it’s difficult to find honesty and integrity in the GOP hopefuls on this ballot.

If you are a Republican running for office who believes in truth, believes that the last election was fair, who rejects the deranged calls to destroy our democracy, we need to hear from you. Nevada needs to hear from you. We want to endorse sanity, honesty, integrity and moderation.

As it stands right now, voters are faced with a slate of GOP candidates — nearly across the board — who aren’t fit for elective office because they buy into the Big Lie and its attempt to derail democracy. We hate finding people in the public sphere who want to destroy the very elections they now seek to win. We hate efforts to disenfranchise voters and rig future elections. We yearn for a dignified, honest and pro-democracy Republican leadership. We yearn for the Republicans of years past. Patriots, not insurrectionists.

So please, if you are such a Republican and are running for office, stand proud and reach out to us. We want to present a list of heroes trying to rescue their party from the madness afflicting it.We want to share your perspective with our readers and let them know that Republican candidates for office still exist who believe in the Constitution, who believe in democracy, and who believe that the peaceful transition of power among our duly elected officials is a hallmark of what not only has made America great in the past, but what can help us continue to be a great country moving forward.
:clap: At least there's hope somewhere:

Australia PM Concedes Election Defeat, Ending Decade Of Conservative Rule
Opposition leader Anthony Albanese will be sworn in as prime minister after his Labor party clenched its first electoral win since 2007.

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Georgia Republicans who despise Gov. Brian Kemp threaten to stay home this November if Trump-backed challenger David Perdue loses Tuesday's primary

I endorse this tactic. Stacey Abrams! Stacey Abrams! Stacey Abrams!

At the moment, Kemp vs. Abrams - Kemp +5.2. It's definitely within reach.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:17 pm
Las Vegas Sun EDITORIAL:
In search of GOP candidates willing to stanChina.

or democracy

... The Editorial Board, and Nevadans as a whole, are facing an agonizing problem. We have endorsed Republicans in the past and might do so again in the future. Yet as we survey the field of Republican candidates across the state, we are struggling to identify those who are not an active threat to American democracy or the institutions of government that have sustained our republic for 250 years....

Since the insurrection, Republican leadership across the nation has worked to disenfranchise voters, allow themselves to defy the will of voters outright and to allow partisan interference in the vote count. The GOP leadership’s assault on voting rights and basic fairness has been horrifying to watch. Happily, so far Nevada has escaped such corruption. But the coming election could change all that if Big Lie candidates gain office.

Trump told The Washington Post last month that he wished he could have marched on the Capitol with the rioters, but that the Secret Service wouldn’t allow it. And now, numerous GOP candidates in Nevada are saying they wish they had been there too — not to stop the violence, but to endorse it....

Of the five leading Republican candidates for the governorship of Nevada, every one of them has gone on record as both supporting and contributing to the Big Lie. In doing so, they have all made a choice to subvert our democracy, undermine the integrity of our elections, and ignore the Constitution of the United States.

Will GOP leaders stand up for the rule of law and free and fair elections by rejecting autocracy and lies? Or will they continue to debase themselves and their formerly great party by kneeling to their unhinged demigod, Donald Trump, and his dreams of authoritarianism....

As we are working on evaluations for our primary endorsements, we are pained to admit that it’s difficult to find honesty and integrity in the GOP hopefuls on this ballot.

If you are a Republican running for office who believes in truth, believes that the last election was fair, who rejects the deranged calls to destroy our democracy, we need to hear from you. Nevada needs to hear from you. We want to endorse sanity, honesty, integrity and moderation.

As it stands right now, voters are faced with a slate of GOP candidates — nearly across the board — who aren’t fit for elective office because they buy into the Big Lie and its attempt to derail democracy. We hate finding people in the public sphere who want to destroy the very elections they now seek to win. We hate efforts to disenfranchise voters and rig future elections. We yearn for a dignified, honest and pro-democracy Republican leadership. We yearn for the Republicans of years past. Patriots, not insurrectionists.

So please, if you are such a Republican and are running for office, stand proud and reach out to us. We want to present a list of heroes trying to rescue their party from the madness afflicting it.We want to share your perspective with our readers and let them know that Republican candidates for office still exist who believe in the Constitution, who believe in democracy, and who believe that the peaceful transition of power among our duly elected officials is a hallmark of what not only has made America great in the past, but what can help us continue to be a great country moving forward.
:clap: At least there's hope somewhere:

Australia PM Concedes Election Defeat, Ending Decade Of Conservative Rule
Opposition leader Anthony Albanese will be sworn in as prime minister after his Labor party clenched its first electoral win since 2007.

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Georgia Republicans who despise Gov. Brian Kemp threaten to stay home this November if Trump-backed challenger David Perdue loses Tuesday's primary

I endorse this tactic. Stacey Abrams! Stacey Abrams! Stacey Abrams!

At the moment, Kemp vs. Abrams - Kemp +5.2. It's definitely within reach.

The losers are exiled to China according to recent radio ads by Candiss. (I forget if she spells it with a C or a K, but I'm for damn sure she dots her i with a little heart.)
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:46 pm
The losers are exiled to China according to recent radio ads by Candiss. (I forget if she spells it with a C or a K, but I'm for damn sure she dots her i with a little heart.)
:wtf: I guess she's going to have to learn to spell it with Chinese characters.
viewtopic.php?p=168555#p168555
Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 10:48 am
... She's irrelevant. Even Dolt .45 has ditched Perdue and Kemp is going to avoid a runoff. (Kandiss) Taylor's polling at 4.3%.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7402.html ...
LOSER.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:07 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:46 pm
:wtf: I guess she's going to have to learn to spell it with Chinese characters.
viewtopic.php?p=168555#p168555
Vrede too wrote:
... She's irrelevant. Even Dolt .45 has ditched Perdue and Kemp is going to avoid a runoff. (Kandiss) Taylor's polling at 4.3%.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7402.html ...
LOSER.
I heard that her Mom has been trying for years to trick her moron of a daughter into thinking that she is exiled to China.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

He's a shitty candidate to begin with, but this isn't going to get him any new votes in purple Georgia.

Georgia Senate Candidate Herschel Walker Says There Should Be No Exception For Abortion

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

This is one of the most awkward political ads I've seen.

Lmao Dr Oz trying to pretend he's "country"
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:19 pm
This is one of the most awkward political ads I've seen.

Lmao Dr Oz trying to pretend he's "country"
When did it become okay to admit to being a wannabe violent terrorist?
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

It's so bad I thought it was fake. Like that Kemp ad from a while back where he's holding a gun saying he supports our second amendment rights.

These ads are really cringey but they must work on their constituents that live their lives through their TVs and Facebook memes.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:40 am
It's so bad I thought it was fake. Like that Kemp ad from a while back where he's holding a gun saying he supports our second amendment rights.

These ads are really cringey but they must work on their constituents that live their lives through their TVs and Facebook memes.

Point shotgun at kid.

Nice gun safety to boot.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:

(vid)
Leaving aside political differences, that is disgusting on a human level. :puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:15 am
Whack9 wrote:

(vid)
Leaving aside political differences, that is disgusting on a human level. :puke-left:
Yeah, he's playing into that trope of the father protecting his daughters purity or some dumb shit. Insecure dudes eat that stuff up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
... Even Dolt .45 has ditched Perdue and Kemp is going to avoid a runoff....
Whack9 wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:06 am
Yeah, he's playing into that trope of the father protecting his daughters purity or some dumb shit. Insecure dudes eat that stuff up.
After getting trounced in GA Trumpettes lost a couple of New Jersey GQP US House primaries yesterday.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/could-califo ... 26997.html

This is not necessarily a good thing. In most cases wingnutty Trumpettes are more likely to lose to Dems in Nov. PA is one example of this. It's weird to root for Trumpettes in some races, but it's our current reality.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:lol:
:lol: They should hire her for the extra articles it would generate, if no other reason.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I've previously offered my services to Marsha Blackburn at her local office as well as Diana Harshbarger's local office. They never got back to me. I have a good laugh every time I think about it.