2022 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: 2022 elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:33 pm
Great minds . . .
viewtopic.php?p=154528#p154528
Well crap, I'm late to the party.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:56 am
The Republican Knives Are Out for South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem

I approve of this message.
She's every bit the mess one would expect.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:21 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:56 am
The Republican Knives Are Out for South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem

I approve of this message.
She's every bit the mess one would expect.
Her entire family/tax back story is a huge lie. It's as unbelievable as a morning segment of Fox, bur here she is 10 or 15 years into a political career and republicans don't care.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:52 am

Her entire family/tax back story is a huge lie. It's as unbelievable as a morning segment of Fox, bur here she is 10 or 15 years into a political career and republicans don't care.
Welcome to the 21st century Republican party.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

"Democracy", totalitarian-style:
Alabama Republican Party removes four legislative candidates from primary ballot

The Alabama Republican Party removed four candidates from its primary ballot over the weekend, alleging they had supported Democrats in violation of party rules.

The party’s bylaws give the GOP's candidates committee broad discretion to disqualify candidates. But some of those removed from the ballot said Monday they thought the party had arbitrarily applied the rules....
Several (progressive) would-be Democrat committeemen axed from Delaware County (IN) ballot
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:16 am
"Democracy", totalitarian-style:
Alabama Republican Party removes four legislative candidates from primary ballot

The Alabama Republican Party removed four candidates from its primary ballot over the weekend, alleging they had supported Democrats in violation of party rules.

The party’s bylaws give the GOP's candidates committee broad discretion to disqualify candidates. But some of those removed from the ballot said Monday they thought the party had arbitrarily applied the rules....
Several (progressive) would-be Democrat committeemen axed from Delaware County (IN) ballot
Christ on a crutch! There's no bottom to the GQP scum vat. For years they've tried to make sure only the "right" people vote. Now they're telling the voters who they can vote for. This is just more fallout from Putin's clever investment in America.....the one useless can't seem to understand no matter how hard he grapples with it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:58 am
Christ on a crutch! There's no bottom to the GQP scum vat. For years they've tried to make sure only the "right" people vote. Now they're telling the voters who they can vote for. This is just more fallout from Putin's clever investment in America.....the one useless can't seem to understand no matter how hard he grapples with it.
:D , but the second article is about moderate Dems telling the voters that they can't vote for progressive Dems. :roll: :x
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:07 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:58 am
:D , but the second article is about moderate Dems telling the voters that they can't vote for progressive Dems. :roll: :x
Well, it's true, but the right wingers have adopted this type of stuff in a more prevalent and vocal aspect than any Democrats. Hell, it may even be the Democrats are starting to figure they have to fight fire with fire. And Putin smiles as his investment grows.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:39 pm
Welcome to the 21st century Republican party.
Worst AG in the nation:
Indicted. Under FBI Investigation. And Still Popular With Texas Republicans.

The race for Texas attorney general is asking Republicans to determine how many indictments and allegations of corruption are too many. The answer may be there is no limit — so long as the candidate has an endorsement from former President Donald Trump.

Ken Paxton, the Trump-backed attorney general, was indicted and arrested on criminal securities-fraud charges that are still pending. He has faced calls for his resignation after several of his top aides claimed he abused his office by helping a wealthy donor. And he has been serving as the state’s top lawyer while under threat of a possible new indictment, as the FBI investigates the abuse-of-office and bribery accusations.

“The voters of Texas will tolerate a great deal,” said state Sen. Kel Seliger, a moderate Republican who is a former mayor of Amarillo. “They think if somebody is ideologically in sync with them, that’s what matters. I would have thought in Texas that moral example is more important, but apparently it’s not.”

In the pre-Trump era, indictments and investigations by federal law enforcement could have been fatal to a Republican campaign. But Trump has instilled a deep mistrust in government institutions like the FBI. Paxton took the unusual step of authorizing an investigation of an FBI investigation — he appointed a special prosecutor to look into the federal probe of the wealthy donor, an Austin real estate investor named Nate Paul whose home and offices were raided by federal agents.

The litany of allegations against Trump has allowed acolytes like Paxton to claim that they, too, are victims of a government conspiracy....

In the Republican primary Tuesday in Texas, Paxton won 43% of the vote, a soft showing for an incumbent but one indicative of the three well-funded challengers who saw him as politically vulnerable. Since Texas requires primary candidates to win a majority of the vote to advance to the general election, Paxton faces a May 24 runoff against the scion of the most famous family in modern Texas politics: George P. Bush, the state’s land commissioner who is the nephew of one president and the grandson of another.

The Paxton-Bush runoff crystallized immediately as a contest between an incumbent with ethical and legal issues and a challenger who cannot escape the establishment brand of his family name. In Texas Republican circles, some operatives cast the race as prison stripes versus pinstripes.

Paxton has withstood his legal woes by delivering on the issues that drive Texas conservatives. He’s used his office as the state’s chief culture-war litigator — defending the new Texas abortion law, suing the Biden administration to force the federal government to continue building the border wall and joining a right-wing push to criminalize medical care for transgender youth.

Days before the primary, he issued an opinion stating that certain medical treatments for transgender children could be considered child abuse, treatments that doctors describe as gender-affirming care....
New Shrub got 22.4% of the vote.
4th place wingnut Louis B. Gohmert Jr got 17.1% of the vote. I expect that most of his votes will go to putting Paxton over the top. Thanks to new massive voter suppression laws put in by Paxton and Gov Abbott I expect that TX RepuQs will do well in Nov. Sigh.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

She's polling at 3%....can't understand why.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

A relative?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Well, if I had to choose, I guess I'd take babies. But it makes me wonder if there are Jesus babies or gun babies. I just find it unsettling. I owe it to the babies.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:32 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:46 pm

Well, if I had to choose, I guess I'd take babies. But it makes me wonder if there are Jesus babies or gun babies. I just find it unsettling. I owe it to the babies.
Probably the thought of changing nasty nappies.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I shudder to think what will happen to America if we lose the Senate in 2022. It's already a razor-thin margin. Instead of fighting with each other over trivial regional differences, we need to cooperate and do all we can to see that a Democratic majority retakes the Senate this year.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

State Senator, 7 Other Women Accuse Trump-Backed Nebraska Gov. Candidate Of Groping
All 13 female state senators in the Nebraska legislature issued a statement recognizing the “highly credible" allegations against GOP gubernatorial candidate Charles Herbster.

... Trump has hailed Herbster, who considers himself a born-again Christian, as a “tremendous supporter of America First.” Donald Trump Jr. accompanied Herbster on campaign stops in the state earlier this week. “You’ve seen how powerful good conservative leadership can be in the governor’s office across America,” said the former president’s son....

He’s currently a frontrunner in the race for the Nebraska governor’s seat, even though he has never held political office. He reportedly gave $1.3 million to Trump’s campaigns, and attended the Jan. 6, 2021 rally outside the Capitol with members of Trump’s inner circle....

All 13 female state senators in the Nebraska legislature, including five Republicans, issued a statement Thursday recognizing the “highly credible, corroborated allegations.”

“We commend the brave women who have stepped forward to tell the truth about what they endured at the hands of Charles Herbster, including our friend and colleague, Senator Julie Slama,” said the statement.

“Sexual assault is despicable and damaging,” the statement added. “This is not a question of politics — it is an issue of character and basic human decency.” Herbster’s actions “make him unfit to serve,” the statement concluded.

:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:

The primary is May 10 and the RepuQ winner will likely win in Nov. :roll:
Wait until the Supreme Court gets rid of Roe v. Wade. I am not buying the fury of American woman will not make a difference in the House and Senate races.
I’m a middle aged missouri housewife with no uterus anymore and I’m ready to riot.
*PFFT!* Like that means anything to male Republican voters. :roll:
Now do the male Nebraska state senators. See If you find one who thinks him unfit.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:lol: Herbster. He gives mellow people a bad name. I put a stomp curse on him. He'll die soon.