2022 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2022 elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:15 pm
:lol: Herbster. He gives mellow people a bad name. I put a stomp curse on him. He'll die soon.
:thumbup: Stomped many times with stiletto heels.

Whew, France and the world dodged a RW bullet today.
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yeah, they did. But there's probably another one coming. Maybe the same one.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

If I lived in a red state like some of you apparently do, I'd be devoting a lot of my free time to getting out the vote in areas that support left wing candidates and propositions.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:12 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:15 pm
:lol: Herbster. He gives mellow people a bad name. I put a stomp curse on him. He'll die soon.
:thumbup: Stomped many times with stiletto heels.

Whew, France and the world dodged a RW bullet today.
Nice to know that the majority of France hasn't hopped on the crazy train.

French President Emmanuel Macron Wins Re-Election, Surviving a Far-Right Challenge From Marine Le Pen
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:10 pm
If I lived in a red state like some of you apparently do, I'd be devoting a lot of my free time to getting out the vote in areas that support left wing candidates and propositions.
If I lived in a blue state like you do, I'd be donating a lot of my money to left wing candidates and propositions in red CA districts and/or red states, and might even pack up my legless Easy-Bake Oven and devote a lot of my free time to getting out the vote in those red CA districts and/or red states. I won't wholed my baited breth.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:40 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:10 pm
If I lived in a blue state like you do, I'd be donating a lot of my money to left wing candidates and propositions in red CA districts and/or red states, and might even pack up my legless Easy-Bake Oven and devote a lot of my free time to getting out the vote in those red CA districts and/or red states. I won't wholed my baited breth.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:53 pm
It figures that you'd applaud the ultra conceited one.

And the conceit is groundless.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

And, here's a good example of the problem with do-nothing leftists in red states:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:34 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
( :crybaby: )
:lol: Being conceited in comparison to you is not something that I would ever brag about. Also, I can't speak for the others but I have done far more political activism in my life than you, far more. This includes getting elected to and serving on the local Dem committee, getting elected as a delegate to a state's POTUS nominating convention, coordinating a city's volunteers for a congressional campaign and managing a mayoral campaign. You?

I read GoCubsGo's post as applauding the notion of you getting off your stingy lazy ass and putting your money and time where your big fat mouth is, not applauding me. Of course, you cower from the point and whine about me, as usual.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:47 pm
Ulysses wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
:lol: Being conceited in comparison to you is not something that I would ever brag about. Also, I can't speak for the others but I have done far more political activism in my life than you, far more. This includes getting elected to and serving on the local Dem committee, getting elected as a delegate to a state's POTUS nominating convention, coordinating a city's volunteers for a congressional campaign and managing a mayoral campaign. You?

I read GoCubsGo's post as applauding the notion of you getting off your stingy lazy ass and putting your money and time where your big fat mouth is, not applauding me. Of course, you cower from the point and whine about me, as usual.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
I believe what Vrede said to be absolutely true.

While I can't hold a candle to what Vrede has done I have spent time canvassing in neighboring red states as well as volunteering locally in recent elections.

What have you done Ulysses? Have you even donated to a candidate or cause?

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:19 pm

I believe what Vrede said to be absolutely true.

While I can't hold a candle to what Vrede has done I have spent time canvassing in neighboring red states as well as volunteering locally in recent elections.

What have you done Ulysses? Have you even donated to a candidate or cause?
You must be very gullible.

As for as my own considerable activism for good causes, that's NOYB.

Plus, I don't play the "I'm more woke than you" game.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:57 pm
Ummm, YOU are the one that presumed to tell us what activism we should be doing. Grow up and own your failed choice. Your cowering and deflecting from the response shows us that you're ashamed of your lifetime of apathy. Poor baby.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:05 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Ummm, YOU are the one that presumed to tell us what activism we should be doing. Grow up and own your failed choice. Your cowering and deflecting from the response shows us that you're ashamed of your lifetime of apathy. Poor baby.
Hard to be an activist from the confines of your cluttered garage.

Amongst all the multitude of games he plays, we finally have one he doesn't and it happens to involve being noble and having integrity.

Figures.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:18 pm
Hard to be an activist from the confines of your cluttered garage.

Amongst all the multitude of games he plays, we finally have one he doesn't and it happens to involve being noble and having integrity.

Figures.
1) You've never been in my garage(s). So WTF do you know?

2) You are playing the game of being the arbiter here. You call it the "status quo".

3) None of your games involve nobility or integrity. You are so self-deluded. Just like V-Bot.

4) Your games all seem to involve put-downs, insults, and carping. Like an empty suit.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
His crap rings hollow. Isn't he the nerd who can't stop talking about himself, but when asked what charity he donates to, it's NOYB.
He really is a sad excuse for a human.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:38 pm

French President Emmanuel Macron Wins Re-Election, Surviving a Far-Right Challenge From Marine Le Pen
Not sure about France, but a 16% margin would be considered a landslide here. First president reelected in 20 years, but that may say more about Le Pen than Macron.

Idk much about Macron except that I like that he didn't put with Dolt .45's BS. Good for him.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:33 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
His crap rings hollow. Isn't he the nerd who can't stop talking about himself, but when asked what charity he donates to, it's NOYB.
He really is a sad excuse for a human.
I think the discussion of political action was started by Ulysses, suggesting that red state residents participate in getting out the vote. I don't know why ones political activism resume would be NOYB in this discussion, particularly from the person who brought it up. In my case, I was a legal grunt for La Raza Unida; worked in the campaign office for Henry B Gonzales https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_B._Gonz%C3%A1lez ;was a county campaign chair for McGovern; was a county Democratic party co-chair; did a lot of anti-Nixon campaigning; wrote a lot of campaign speeches and did debate prep for people in Clinton's organization. Haven't done much lately, though, except to vote early and often. :lol:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:24 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:38 pm

Not sure about France, but a 16% margin would be considered a landslide here. First president reelected in 20 years, but that may say more about Le Pen than Macron.

Idk much about Macron except that I like that he didn't put with Dolt .45's BS. Good for him.
Yeah, that was pretty much a butt-kicking, but Le Pen did make a little progress from 2017 when Macron beat her 66-33. Nobody wants her kind of politics to take over.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:30 am
Haven't done much lately, though, except to vote early and often. :lol:
Didn't know you were a Chicagoan! :D

Bet you were a pretty good speech writer.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:07 pm
State Senator, 7 Other Women Accuse Trump-Backed Nebraska Gov. Candidate Of Groping
All 13 female state senators in the Nebraska legislature issued a statement recognizing the “highly credible" allegations against GOP gubernatorial candidate Charles Herbster.

... Trump has hailed Herbster, who considers himself a born-again Christian, as a “tremendous supporter of America First.” Donald Trump Jr. accompanied Herbster on campaign stops in the state earlier this week. “You’ve seen how powerful good conservative leadership can be in the governor’s office across America,” said the former president’s son....

He’s currently a frontrunner in the race for the Nebraska governor’s seat, even though he has never held political office. He reportedly gave $1.3 million to Trump’s campaigns, and attended the Jan. 6, 2021 rally outside the Capitol with members of Trump’s inner circle....

All 13 female state senators in the Nebraska legislature, including five Republicans, issued a statement Thursday recognizing the “highly credible, corroborated allegations.”

“We commend the brave women who have stepped forward to tell the truth about what they endured at the hands of Charles Herbster, including our friend and colleague, Senator Julie Slama,” said the statement.

“Sexual assault is despicable and damaging,” the statement added. “This is not a question of politics — it is an issue of character and basic human decency.” Herbster’s actions “make him unfit to serve,” the statement concluded.

:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:

The primary is May 10 and the RepuQ winner will likely win in Nov. :roll:
Wait until the Supreme Court gets rid of Roe v. Wade. I am not buying the fury of American woman will not make a difference in the House and Senate races.
I’m a middle aged missouri housewife with no uterus anymore and I’m ready to riot.
*PFFT!* Like that means anything to male Republican voters. :roll:
Now do the male Nebraska state senators. See If you find one who thinks him unfit.

Wikipedia
"Personal life
Herbster is a conservative evangelical Christian.[7] He bought a one-year-old Angus bull for $2.14 million at a North Dakota auction. Herbster also bought another Bull for $1.5 million in a different auction.[6]"

The big H-ster is a super Christian and likes to show off how
fucking super rich he is by paying over 2 million dollars for a cow. Naturally women never say no to him - that's what he and trump have in common.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”