2022 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2022 elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:02 pm
I've previously offered my services to Marsha Blackburn at her local office as well as Diana Harshbarger's local office. They never got back to me. I have a good laugh every time I think about it.
You want to service Marsha Blackburn and/or Diana Harshbarger :o ? And they've turned you down? :(

Alaska is having the wildest election of 2022

Too convoluted for me to summarize the House race, but there's a special election for a 4-month term and the normal biannual race, 2 1-vote huge field primaries, 2 pick 4 generals . . . and Santa Claus and Sarah Palin. Anything can happen.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:59 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
I've previously offered my services to Marsha Blackburn at her local office as well as Diana Harshbarger's local office. They never got back to me. I have a good laugh every time I think about it.
You want to service Marsha Blackburn and/or Diana Harshbarger :o ? And they've turned you down? :(

Alaska is having the wildest election of 2022

Too convoluted for me to summarize the House race, but there's a special election for a 4-month term and the normal biannual race, 2 1-vote huge field primaries, 2 pick 4 generals . . . and Santa Claus and Sarah Palin. Anything can happen.
:lol: I offered either of them my service in the sense that I just wanted to see for myself the kind of lunacy and lying that they wallow in.....I kept entertaining the notion that none of them actually believe the bullshit they say and kept wondering if they act "normal" among themselves after deluging their supporters with wrong and stupid on a daily basis. I somehow cling to the irrational notion that neither of them really believe the shit they put out and wanted to test my hypothesis but as noted, they both fish slapped me with a big "ignored" and so far they're sticking to that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:09 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
You want to service Marsha Blackburn and/or Diana Harshbarger :o ? And they've turned you down? :( ...
:lol: I offered either of them my service in the sense that I just wanted to see for myself the kind of lunacy and lying that they wallow in.....I kept entertaining the notion that none of them actually believe the bullshit they say and kept wondering if they act "normal" among themselves after deluging their supporters with wrong and stupid on a daily basis. I somehow cling to the irrational notion that neither of them really believe the shit they put out and wanted to test my hypothesis but as noted, they both fish slapped me with a big "ignored" and so far they're sticking to that.
One thing that's struck me about The Big Lie revelations is how many people at the top, like Ginny Thomas and the folks she was in touch with, actually believed it and still believe it. If they're swallowing something so obviously false, what other bullshit is really gospel to them?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, it truly boggles the mind. I always knew one can go from stupid to smart to some degree but never knew until recently that it obviously works the other way around.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:12 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:09 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
You want to service Marsha Blackburn and/or Diana Harshbarger :o ? And they've turned you down? :( ...
One thing that's struck me about The Big Lie revelations is how many people at the top, like Ginny Thomas and the folks she was in touch with, actually believed it and still believe it. If they're swallowing something so obviously false, what other bullshit is really gospel to them?

Do you think they really believe this obvious lie, or do they just see it as a path to power?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:18 am
Do you think they really believe this obvious lie, or do they just see it as a path to power?
The emails and texts reveal that even talking privately amongst themselves The Big Lie was what they really believed. :crazy:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Did they ever find out why the Dems who were smart enough to pull off altered/added votes for Biden, without leaving any trace of evidence of having done so, were also so stupid as to not make sure they won a Senate majority?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:38 am
Did they ever find out why the Dems who were smart enough to pull off altered/added votes for Biden, without leaving any trace of evidence of having done so, were also so stupid as to not make sure they won a Senate majority?
The Dems did technically win a Senate majority, but Manchin and Sinema don't really count. They also barely held the House while losing bunches of down ballot races. Maybe the wingnuts think this slim success at the top is sufficient proof of a fix. -0-?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:09 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:38 am
The Dems did technically win a Senate majority, but Manchin and Sinema don't really count. They also barely held the House while losing bunches of down ballot races. Maybe the wingnuts think this slim success at the top is sufficient proof of a fix. -0-?

Yet we still haven't had an investigation of the ES&S machines where republicans behind in the polls by 10 and 20% won by 10%.

I guess the claim by ES&S that they eliminated the software that allowed them to manipulate the machines over the internet was enough to satisfy the dems.

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/12/19/mit ... nt-add-up/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump endorses Katie Britt in Alabama Senate race

TFG waited until 2 1/2 weeks after the primary to endorse a Repug. In Alabama. How courageous of him!
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I still send thoughts and prayers that a goddamn anvil falls out of the sky onto trump's head. I approved this message.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:36 pm
I still send thoughts and prayers that a goddamn anvil falls out of the sky onto trump's head. I approved this message.
Idk, Wile E Coyote always recovered for the next episode. :problem:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Thx trump.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:47 am
Trump endorses Katie Britt in Alabama Senate race

TFG waited until 2 1/2 weeks after the primary to endorse a Repug. In Alabama. How courageous of him!
My bad, sorta. There will be a primary runoff in 9 days vs former Dolt. 45 endorsee Mo Brooks. Britt beat Brooks 44.8 - 29.1, so she's nearly a lock.

Some Trumpettes are pissed off:

‘Disaster!’: Trump’s Latest Endorsement Sparks Backlash in Trumpworld
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:18 pm
Bailey wins GOP governor primary in Illinois
The conservative state senator benefitted from a Democratic meddling campaign.

Trump-endorsed state Sen. Darren Bailey earned a convincing victory Tuesday in the GOP primary for governor of Illinois, dispatching a candidate backed by the biggest donor in GOP politics amid a Democratic meddling campaign.

Bailey, a self-described “pro-life, pro-2nd Amendment” candidate, shot to the top of the polls after months of competition against former favorite Richard Irvin, the mayor of Aurora who got a massive $50 million campaign infusion from Citadel’s founder and CEO Ken Griffin.

Bailey is a well-funded candidate himself, raising $9 million from GOP megadonor Richard Uihlein. But he also benefited from tens of millions in Democratic Party advertising, with Democratic Gov. JB Pritzker and allies figuring Bailey would be the more beatable candidate to face in November....
It's risky, but as a Repub/RepuQ voter in our primary I approve of Democratic meddling. Good luck.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 pm

It's risky, but as a Repub/RepuQ voter in our primary I approve of Democratic meddling. Good luck.
🤞
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:15 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:15 pm

🤞
One risk with meddling is if you fail you kinda look like you're cheating AND you look weak. :problem:

Democratic Meddling Fails To Lift Election Denier In Colorado GOP Senate Race
Businessman Joe O’Dea will face Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet in November, despite Democrats spending millions to boost his opponent.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GOP Election Denier Tina Peters Loses Colorado Secretary Of State Primary
The Mesa County clerk who was under indictment for tampering with voting machines lost to a Republican who acknowledged the 2020 vote was legitimate.

Pam Anderson, who acknowledged that Joe Biden was legitimately elected in 2020, won Colorado’s Republican secretary of state primary Tuesday night, defeating an election skeptic who’d pushed the lie that the contest had been stolen from former President Donald Trump.
Pam Anderson? I never expected her to go into local politics.
The Associated Press called the race for Anderson, who easily knocked off Tina Peters, the Mesa County clerk who was indicted last year on charges that she allowed someone to improperly access and download data from election machines as she sought to prove that widespread fraud had occurred in the state’s 2020 presidential election....

Election deniers like Peters fared poorly across Colorado on Tuesday: Businessman Joe O’Dea, who also accepted Biden’s victory as legitimate, won the GOP Senate primary over state Rep. Ron Hanks (R), who staked his campaign on Trump’s lies about the 2020 election.

Anderson, a former county clerk with experience overseeing elections, will now face Democratic Secretary of State Jena Griswold in November’s general election. Her victory is the second major win for a Republican who has defended the legitimacy of the 2020 election in a GOP secretary of state primary, after Georgia incumbent Brad Raffensperger (R) easily defeated a Trump-endorsed primary challenger in May.

It also ensures that elections in a key swing state will not be overseen by an election denier. Peters was no ordinary skeptic: She was barred from overseeing local elections in Mesa County in 2021 and has similarly been banned from running the county’s elections this year.

That ranked her among the nation’s most ardent election skeptics: “Election deniers are winning nominations for secretary of state across the nation. But no one is more extreme than Tina Peters,” Griswold told HuffPost before the election.

In March 2021, a grand jury indicted Peters on seven felony charges related to elections. Prosecutors alleged that Peters committed identity theft and other crimes after she used a Colorado voter’s name to provide someone else access to Mesa County’s voting machines, allowing them to download data from the electoral system.

Peters and her deputy, prosecutors said, later shared that information, as well as passwords to election files, with conspiracy theorists who’d promoted the idea that the 2020 election had been stolen from former Trump.
Seven felony charges! Nice. It may not bode well for Nov, but I can't get upset over Trumpettes losing.
Hopefully, these Trumpettes will lose in Nov.
If not:
“The nation can expect these candidates, if elected, to suppress the vote, create security breaches, push out lies, and further destabilize American elections,” Griswold, the chairwoman of the Democratic Association of Secretaries of State, a party campaign arm, said. “We cannot allow election deniers to oversee the nation’s elections ― that’s why democracy is at Code Red right now.”
:puke-left: Even without their victories the wingnut influence will be tremendous.
Peters has claimed the indictment is a politically-motivated effort to keep her from investigating claims of fraud in Colorado’s election, during which there were no credible reports or findings of widespread irregularities. Biden won the state by roughly 14 points and nearly 500,000 votes.

“I will never plead guilty because I’ve committed no crime,” she told the Colorado Sun. “This is a political maneuver to color the minds of the voters to keep me out of the Secretary of State’s Office.”
:crybaby: :violin:
... Peters was not the only election denier seeking office in Colorado, where numerous Republican candidates in local county clerk races have questioned the results of the 2020 election. That includes Mesa County, where a Republican conspiracy theorist squared off Tuesday night with another candidate who has acknowledged that the 2020 race was free of the fraud Trump and Peters have baselessly said occurred. That election denier appears to have lost as well.
:clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Election deniers have taken their fraud theories on tour — to nearly every state (with interactive map)

Looks like the only states they've missed are Ark, NH, NJ and WY.

Candidate Kari Lake asks GOP Gov candidates to raise their hands if they believe the election was stolen, but ONLY Karrin Taylor Robson abstains.

The man in the middle is the moderator.

:angry-banghead:

Arizona Governor - Republican Primary
August 2, 2022

Kari Lake, election denier 31%
Karrin Taylor Robson, non-election denier 24%
Matt Salmon, withdrew 6/28 14.5%

:roll: There are so many things that I deeply disagree with RepuQs on it's fuckin' insane that the central litmus test is the Big Lie. The GQP is really messed up.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I miss the good old days, when you could hate a Republican for their votes and positions.