2022 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: 2022 elections

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

His five minutes are over until the next time he's arrested.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:17 am
His five minutes are over until the next time he's arrested.
He came in 5th and the creep Greitens came in 3rd. :lol: :lol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Unit ... ri#Results
:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
Three Percenter
That's what I first thought of.
Death threats are unpopular
Still too much.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump-backed Michigan attorney general candidate involved in voting-system breach, documents show

Opps, gonna be hard to win in purple Michigan now.

Michigan AG calls for special prosecutor in case now involving her Trump-backed opponent

Felonies, lock he and his Trumpette co-conspirators up!
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:32 am
A little bit of sanity may be breaking out in this country between Kansas and what may be happening in Arizona.
From the first link:
... In Arizona last week, three Trump-backed candidates who claim the 2020 election was stolen won Republican primary elections for governor, attorney general and secretary of state, the top official overseeing elections. In Pennsylvania, Republican gubernatorial nominee Doug Mastriano has vowed to decertify any election he considers fraudulent through his appointed secretary of state. Michigan, Arizona and Pennsylvania are all presidential election battlegrounds....
Not what you meant, but in an intelligent world it will lead to sanity in Nov. TRE45ON wanted 2022 to be a referendum on himself. We'll see how that works out.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:08 am
Trump-backed Michigan attorney general candidate involved in voting-system breach, documents show

Opps, gonna be hard to win in purple Michigan now.

Not what you meant, but in an intelligent world it will lead to sanity in Nov. TRE45ON wanted 2022 to be a referendum on himself. We'll see how that works out.
Never say never these days. He'll probably wear it as a badge of honor and persecution.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:16 am
Never say never these days. He'll probably wear it as a badge of honor and persecution.
TV talking head says this may also be a federal crime. GoMerrickGo.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:33 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:16 am
TV talking head says this may also be a federal crime. GoMerrickGo.
👍😃

GoCubsGo
Admiral

RCP polls are kind of all over the map as opposed to being overwhelmingly Republican.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Nate, Nate - "It's bigger, I'd think"? To find that Clinton's affair could equate in any way in significance to a couple of thousand people storming the Capitol building intending to disrupt Congress shows what a totally warped sense of priorities US citizens have. Clinton may have been a bit sleazy to have hit on (or accepted being hit on) a 24-year old adult intern, but no government institutions were harmed or long-term Constitutional safeguards violated. :roll: And we wonder more people can name the Kardashians than the SC Justices.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:10 am
Nate, Nate - "It's bigger, I'd think"? To find that Clinton's affair could equate in any way in significance to a couple of thousand people storming the Capitol building intending to disrupt Congress shows what a totally warped sense of priorities US citizens have. Clinton may have been a bit sleazy to have hit on (or accepted being hit on) a 24-year old adult intern, but no government institutions were harmed or long-term Constitutional safeguards violated. :roll: And we wonder more people can name the Kardashians than the SC Justices.
We are more cynical now. We can present the appearance of outrage, but it takes more to get our attention and achieve true outrage. Then, we're more polarized - our "team" above all. I and many others were quite comfortable thinking the persecution of Bill was over the top AND being disappointed and disgusted by his behavior.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The terms "cognitive dissonance" and "suspension of disbelief" come to mind.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:32 pm
The terms "cognitive dissonance" and "suspension of disbelief" come to mind.
I could come up with a few other descriptors, too. :wave:

Primary takeaways: Dems eye Wis. Sen. Johnson; Vt. looks to break ceiling; Omar survives Minn. squeaker

GO Barnes in WI, America needs a Mandela in the Senate, and we need to get rid of Johnson the johnson even more.
I'm happy that Trumpette Michels won. Trumpettes are going down bigly in Nov.
That said, I'm also okay with Trumpettes getting shamed by the loss to Vos.

Congrats to Vermont - a new Dem Senator and its first female Rep, even better that she's progressive.

I'm okay with Omar barely surviving a squeaker in MN. Having to better serve her public will make her a stronger Rep. It's a solid blue district, all of Minneapolis and some suburbs. So, the 2022 election is over in MN5. I'm told that it was gerrymandered to concentrate Dem votes, and that has happened. Biden won 80-17! Oh well, that means more RepuQs from MN, but at least it put a progressive Somali Squad member in Congress.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Liz Cheney is going to lose to her?

How far gone is this country?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:08 pm

The country that elected Dolt .45 in the first place?
Why the clown makeup? Oh nevermind
Oh, that's not a contestant for season 14 of Ru Pauls's Drag Race?
Is there a shortage of makeup GEEZUS

There is now!
she seems stable...
Hate to see this happen to Cheney. Not my politics but at least chose country over Cult.
:thumbup:

Rep. Liz Cheney
@RepLizCheney

I have been ashamed to hear members of my party attacking the integrity of the FBI agents involved with the recent Mar-a-Lago search. These are sickening comments that put the lives of patriotic public servants at risk.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:08 pm

:shock: That photo reminds me of the first time I did LSD but I came out more aware. This woman has gone over the high side.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:09 pm
:shock: That photo reminds me of the first time I did LSD but I came out more aware. This woman has gone over the high side.
Anything close to that and it would have been the ONLY time that I ever did LSD.

GOP Senate Campaign Arm Is Pulling Ads in Three Key Races

The National Republican Senatorial Committee is canceling $10 million worth of fall advertising reservations in Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin — three states at the center of the GOP’s push to regain control of Congress. The New York Times, which reported the news on Monday, notes Republicans have been struggling to raise money as of late, as well as that the decision to pull ads for some of its top candidates could be tied to the party’s financial troubles.
:violin:
The NRSC has cut the most money, $5 million, in Pennsylvania, where quack TV doctor Mehmet Oz is taking on Lt. Governor John Fetterman. Oz’s campaign has been fraught, to say the least, and current polling averages currently have him losing to the Democrat by more than 10 percentage points. Oz narrowly edged out David McCormick in the state’s Republican primary behind the strength of former President Donald Trump’s endorsement. Members of the Republican establishment, and even Trump’s circle, had lined up to back McCormick for fear that Oz couldn’t beat Fetterman.
"quack TV doctor" :lol: Thanks, Dolt .45!
The committee also cut more than $2 million in both Arizona, where Trump-backed Blake Masters is up against incumbent Sen. Mark Kelly, and Wisconsin, where incumbent Republican Sen. Ron Johnson is trying to fend off rising Democratic star Mandela Barnes, who won his primary last week. Polling averages have Masters trailing Kelly by more 10 points. There isn’t much polling for the matchup between Johnson and Barnes, but the race is expected to be a close one, making the NRSC’s move to cut bait — at least $2 million worth of it — all the more surprising.
There must be internal polling, Johnson the johnson is going down. :clap:
... Republicans have been hoping to take control of the chamber this November, but if Fetterman wins in Pennsylvania they’d be losing a seat (that race is to replace retiring Republican Sen. Pat Toomey), and they stand to lose another should Johnson lose to Barnes in Wisconsin.
Then, I'll be shocked if Herschel wins. So, the Dems will hold GA, GA! Plus, we don't yet know the full repercussions of the TRE45ON implosion. Manchin may even lose his Senate Majority Leader post.

Comments:
When I drive, I select "D" to go forward and "R" to go backward.
Same topic, different article:
... Republican nominees in critical states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and North Carolina — places the GOP must defend this fall — have failed to raise enough money to get on air themselves, requiring the NRSC to make cuts elsewhere to accommodate.
RCP, NC: Ted Budd (R) +3.8 > Cheri Beasley (D)

So, even IF she loses she may contribute to a GQP loss elsewhere. :thumbup:
Since Aug. 1, the NRSC has cut ad buys in the battleground states of Pennsylvania ($7.5 million), Arizona ($3.5 million), Wisconsin ($2.5 million) and Nevada ($1.5 million), according to the ad tracking service AdImpact. Separately, a Democratic source tracking advertising buys estimated roughly $10.5 million in cuts by the NRSC since the first of the month.

“People are asking, ‘What the hell is going on?’” said one Republican strategist working on Senate races. “Why are we cutting in August? I’ve never seen it like this before.
Nevada, too, cool!
... “While Rick Scott’s failed leadership of the NRSC continues to be one of Senate Democrats’ greatest assets,” said David Bergstein, spokesperson for the DSCC, “we know McConnell’s super PAC will have significant resources in the weeks ahead and we are continuing to take nothing for granted in each of our battleground races.”

Bergstein was referring to the Senate Leadership Fund, a super PAC aligned with Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell that has reserved $150 million in ads this fall. Its first spots begin airing Friday in Pennsylvania.
"Rick Scott’s failed leadership" :lol:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:clap: :clap: :? :shhh:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:31 am
:clap: :clap: :? :shhh:
Val Demings (D)

:clap: Even if she doesn't end up winning, FL will now be a huge money sink for the GQP, robbing resources from other races. The same poll sadly has DeSantis +8 vs Crist and DeSantis +7 vs Fried, so the Senate poll is probably not left biased.

Fwiw, UNF also has Fried +4 vs Crist with the primary just 1 week away. :clap: :clap:

Nikki Fried (D)

This may be a good year for pro-freedom women candidates.
Nikki Fried

Nicole Heather Fried (/friːd/ FREED;[1] born December 13, 1977) is an American lawyer and politician who has served as the 12th Florida Commissioner of Agriculture since 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, Fried graduated from the University of Florida in 2003. She has previously practiced various forms of law, including corporate law, foreclosure defense, and as a public defender.
Cool, has won statewide, is a Gator (unlike snooty Ivy League carpetbagger DerSantis), and has a well-rounded legal career.
Fried has also been a prominent lobbyist for the marijuana industry in the state of Florida....
:laughing-rolling: A pot lobbyist named Fried!

The Dems have been running a bunch of generic ads here in NC/SC, not a peep from the RepuQs. I forget which station/s.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This country is so fucked.

:shock:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:26 pm
This country is so fucked.

:shock:
WWG1WGA

When a MadCaw stumbles, a HaHa steps up.
viewtopic.php?t=4954
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:18 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:09 am
This could be worth watching.

Every time I think NC is getting more purple I've been disappointed. Dem wins are too far and few. Maybe the women will mobilize.

In N.C., a Black woman brings up abortion in Senate run. Her Trump-backed rival doesn't.
14 person Dem field, I wish Cheri Beasley well. Interesting that she's running. Many people would consider chief justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court to be a career pinnacle.

Edit: Never mind, she lost an North Carolina Supreme Court election by 401 votes in 2020. :(
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheri_Bea ... al_service ...
Beasley did stomp the Dem field in the primary.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:47 pm
Who are the key players from North Carolina in the events of Jan. 6?

North Carolina has emerged as a state with many of the key players involved in the events of Jan. 6, 2021, that were meant to prevent the election certification of President Joe Biden.

The U.S. Department of Justice charged 21 North Carolina residents for their alleged participation in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol that day.

And several well-known individuals from the state, including both politicians and lawyers, have connections in one way or another to the events of that day.

... Voting against certification

Congress recessed to allow members to get to safety after the Capitol was breached, but returned that evening to certify Biden’s election.

Of North Carolina’s 15 members of Congress, seven Republicans voted against certification, including Cawthorn and Reps. Ted Budd, Dan Bishop, Virginia Foxx, Richard Hudson, Greg Murphy and David Rouzer.

Budd is now running for a Senate seat. He faces Democratic former North Carolina Supreme Court Chief Justice Cheri Beasley in November.
:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:30 pm
... Same topic, different article:
... Republican nominees in critical states like Ohio, Pennsylvania and North Carolina — places the GOP must defend this fall — have failed to raise enough money to get on air themselves, requiring the NRSC to make cuts elsewhere to accommodate.
RCP, NC: Ted Budd (R) +3.8 > Cheri Beasley (D)

So, even IF she loses she may contribute to a GQP loss elsewhere. :thumbup: ...
It's now Ted Budd (R) +2.8, with the only poll since 7/1 calling it a tie!

2022 North Carolina Senate Race Polls: Cheri Beasley to win North Carolina Senate Race?

Data-heavy article, so I'm not bothering to pick what to excerpt, but it's all interesting to me.

Wow! I better get out my checkbook. Too bad the HOA doesn't allow balcony signs - not really, I might be depressed by the results here. Is this year a perfect storm for the Dems? No one would have suggested it 3 months ago. Even Moscow Mitch is waving the white flag for the Senate:
McConnell says Republicans may not win Senate control, citing ‘candidate quality’

... “I think there’s probably a greater likelihood the House flips than the Senate. Senate races are just different — they're statewide, candidate quality has a lot to do with the outcome,” he said in Florence, Kentucky, at a Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce luncheon when asked about his projection for the 2022 election....

In Pennsylvania's open Senate race, the nonpartisan Cook Political Report changed its rating Thursday from "toss up" to "lean Democrat" as GOP nominee Mehmet Oz, a celebrity doctor, struggles against Democrat John Fetterman, the state's lieutenant governor, who leads in recent polls.

Apart from Oz, Republicans have nominated numerous first-time candidates backed by former President Donald Trump in states such as Georgia, Arizona and Ohio to run against seasoned Democratic politicians....
:lol: Poor "candidate quality" = Trumpette.
:---P
1312. ETTD.