2022 elections

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: 2022 elections

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:44 pm
This needs to be everywhere.
Also needs some braindead White men like Gaetz, Jordan, and Johnson the johnson.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Also needs some braindead White men like Gaetz, Jordan and Johnson, the johnson.
Plenty of room on the sign.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 pm
Also needs some braindead White men like Gaetz, Jordan, and Johnson the johnson.
Plenty of room on the sign.
Speaking of braindead White men:

Rival calls incendiary ad by Kentucky Sen. Paul 'dangerous'

:roll: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:50 am

I didn't even realize Paul was up for re election. :roll:

Not a whole heck of a lot of polling but apparently no one thinks it's competitive.
Bummer.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7521.html
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:12 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:50 am

I didn't even realize Paul was up for re election. :roll:

Not a whole heck of a lot of polling but apparently no one thinks it's competitive.
Bummer.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -7521.html
I saw that, just a Jan poll.

As of October 4 ballotpedia.org says that The Cook Political Report, Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales and Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball all list the race as Solid Republican or Safe Republican.
https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_S ... ce_ratings

It's bizarre that Paul is being so hateful. Is it about some broader racist agenda in KY?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:33 pm

It's bizarre that Paul is being so hateful. Is it about some broader racist agenda in KY?
I honestly don't understand Kentucky.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:47 pm
I honestly don't understand Kentucky.
We'll try to do you proud here, but it'll be close.

Democrats have a surprising chance to flip this (NC) Senate seat — but only if they hurry: expert

RCP Average 8/29 - 10/2, Budd (R) 45.0, Beasley (D) 43.5, Spread Budd +1.5
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:11 pm
... And in addition to lying, they don't even try to tie their lies into reality. Tiffany Smiley, who is trying in vain to win a Senate seat in Washington, has ads in which she blames Dem incumbent Patty Murray on (1) crime in downtown Seattle and a Starbucks closing; and (2) schools closing during covid, neither of which Murray or any US Senator had anything whatsoever to do with. It's a good thing Smiley is in Washington, though. She's a pretty good candidate overall and would probably get added to the clown car if she were in a reddish state. https://www.thedailybeast.com/tiffany-s ... te-for-her
Since you're in Portland.

Republican candidate gains momentum in Oregon governor's race

According to the RepuQs in the comments Portland is an Antifa-run sewer littered with homeless camps and drug needles. They're creaming their jeans over the prospect of a GQP win.

Con RCP:
Drazan (R) 35.7%, within the MoE for the averaged polls
Kotek (D) 33.3%
Johnson (I) 17.7%, Johnson is a longtime Dem running as an Ind.
Drazan +2.4%

My entirely uninformed opinion - As the election nears Johnson is likely to withdraw or her supporters are likely to abandon her hopeless campaign. Most will then vote Dem.
Last edited by Vrede too on Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:23 pm

My entirely uninformed opinion - As the election nears Johnson is likely to withdraw or her supporters are likely to abandon her hopeless campaign. Most will then vote Dem.
Yeah, Johnson has been pushing hard on her "independence" and "non-partisan" approach. Sounds good until you look further into her and then realize that she's not going to win and is draining off Dem votes. I agree with you.

I've been looking for the "Antifa-run sewer littered with homeless camps and drug needles" and haven't had much luck. There is an area around the Old Town/Chinatown where clearly homelessness is an issue, but no worse than most other cities.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:00 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:23 pm

Yeah, Johnson has been pushing hard on her "independence" and "non-partisan" approach. Sounds good until you look further into her and then realize that she's not going to win and is draining off Dem votes. I agree with you....
I hope we're correct. Leaving aside policy, OR Gov would be a huge symbolic loss.

GOP Candidate Blake Masters Torched By Ex-Classmates: He's A 'Dangerous Politician'
The Republican Senate candidate “will lead Arizona down a dark, dystopian path,” his former friends and teachers warned in a scathing open letter.

... The Donald Trump-backed Masters “will lead Arizona down a dark, dystopian path” if he wins election in November, the alumni of Green Fields Country Day School in Tuscon warned in the letter shared by the Arizona Mirror on Thursday.

“He peddles extremist ideology — attacking veterans, calling abortion ‘demonic,’ being endorsed by Neo-Nazis, blaming gun violence on ‘Black people, frankly,’ and that’s just the tip of the iceberg,” they wrote.

Masters is now “barely recognizable” from his time at the school, the letter that was signed by 75 people continued, recalling he was “kind.”

“We are deeply grieved to see the Blake we knew for two decades become the dangerous politician he is today,” they added. “We cannot sit idly by while his dishonesty, his selfishness, and his hateful, divisive rhetoric become the voice of Arizona in the U. S. Senate.”

Masters was endorsed by Trump in the primary and is now facing current Sen. Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.). Previously, the best man at Masters’ wedding condemned his rhetoric.
:---P x 76.

When pols are too honest about their plans for America:

:shock:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/kari-lak ... 0e60773c5c
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Yep.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:56 am
Yep.

And many mays gopers will attempt to make up the difference by voting 2 or 3 times.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Yep.
The whiny democracy haters are free to leave.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:04 pm
And many mays gopers will attempt to make up the difference by voting 2 or 3 times.
Hey Merrick, why aren't Mark Meadows and his wife already in prison?

"mays"?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:42 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Yep.
The whiny democracy haters are free to leave.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:04 pm

"mays"?
And why did the 5 republicans from the Villages, who were caught voting twice, only have to take a class.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:13 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:42 pm

"mays"?
And why did the 5 republicans from the Villages, who were caught voting twice, only have to take a class.
Who prosecuted them - Florida, Sumter County or the feds?
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Brace yourselves for bad news. With less than a month until the election RCP predicts:

Battle for Senate - RCP Projection
Democrats 48, Republicans 52, Net Change GOP +2
Majority Leader Moscow Mitch, again.

Arizona Kelly/Dem Hold over wingnut Lake :thumbup:
Nevada Laxalt/GOP Pick Up over incumbent Catherine Cortez Masto (D)
Pennsylvania Oz/GOP Hold :puke-left:
New Hampshire Hassan/Dem Hold
Georgia Dec 6th Runoff won by Herschel :wtf:
North Carolina Budd/GOP Hold :obscene-birdiered:
Florida Rubio/GOP Hold
Wisconsin Johnson the johnson/GOP Hold over Mandela Barnes (D) :roll:
Ohio Vance/GOP Hold

Pennsylvania:
NBC reporter's comment about Fetterman draws criticism
NBC may have just handed Oz the win. :x

More on Nevada:
Members of Nevada Senate candidate's family endorse opponent

I saw the teaser - "14 members of candidate's family endorse his opponent" - and knew before clicking that the despised candidate would be a RepuQ. It's not that surprising that Laxalt turns out to be yet another whiny Big Lie Trumpette. Ewww.
What's new? There are a lot of families that are divided when it comes to politics!
(Vrede too) wrote:True, but only a truly horrible person like Adam Laxalt sees 14 members of his own family publicly endorse his opponent.
North Carolina: Beasley is being flooded with nasty, untrue and likely effective ads. She's responding, but I doubt it's enough.

Current House: Democrats 222, Republicans 212, Vacancies 1
218 Seats Needed For Majority
RCP House Map: Democrats 180, Republicans 220, Toss Ups 35
Winning every Toss Up would not be enough for the Dems. They don't bother listing NC11, not even as "Likely GOP".

Governors Projection: Democrats 20, Republicans 30, Net Change GOP +2
Dems 2 Pick-Ups: MD, MA. Go Maryland! :clap:
GOP 4 Pick-Ups: KS, NV, OR, WI
I'm still dubious about Oregon. The R is leading by 3%, but the Ind Johnson has 16% and is really a Dem. I hope OR voters are smart enough to ditch loser Johnson in order to block a RepuQ. If not, Johnson will be forever despised by the Dems and never trusted by the GQP.

TRE45ON wins bigly, America sucks and it's doomed. :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Article :---P :---P
Mehmet Oz Gives Speech Near Hitler's Car And Causes Furor On Twitter
The Pennsylvania Senate candidate spoke in front of the vehicle, which sports a swastika on the side, during a fundraiser in California.

... It’s not for what he said in the speech, but where he gave it: Right near a car that once belonged to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

The former TV doc gave the speech at a $5,000-a-plate fundraiser at the Lyon Air Museum in Santa Ana, California, that was hosted by Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-Fla.) in-laws, according to Jezebel....

The “Nazimobile,” for lack of a more insulting term, is a Mercedes-Benz G4 touring wagon that was originally delivered to Hitler in late 1939 and used by him in in Ober Salzberg, Berlin and Poland until it was seized by the French Army at Berchtesgaden, according to the museum’s website.

Although the car is a historical artifact, it’s typically not a good idea for American political candidates to create situations where their name can appear in the same sentence as Hitler.

Not surprisingly, Twitter users had thoughts. Lots of thoughts.
Did Dr. Oz seriously give a speech while standing next to Hitler's car??

Why do you think standing in front of Hitler's car is a good move, @DrOz
? Are you telling us GOP loves Nazis?
WHAT THE FUCK?!
When you’re an aspiring fascist & you want to really drive the dog whistle home:
:roll: More tweets at the link.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A Life-Size Poop Sculpture Of Ron Johnson Is Touring Around Milwaukee
Activists are holding events with a six-foot-tall "scatue" of the Wisconsin GOP senator to protest his claim that climate change is “bullshit.”

... Activists with the progressive groups NextGen PAC and MoveOn hosted events around the city with a six-foot-tall, 80-pound “scatue” of Johnson made out of dried cow manure....
“scatue” :lol:
Johnson has long spread misinformation about climate change. He made the “bullshit” reference in June 2021, when he was caught on camera at a local Republican event dismissing the crisis.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I think climate change is ― as Lord Monckton said ― bullshit,” the senator said at the time, mouthing the word without uttering it. He was referring to British conservative climate change denier Lord Christopher Monckton....
:roll: Christopher Monckton, 3rd Viscount Monckton of Brenchley
Climate change activists in Wisconsin casually talk with a feces sculpture that looks like Sen. Ron Johnson.
:thumbup:
... (Lt. Gov. Mandela) Barnes, who is slightly trailing Johnson in the polls, chaired the Wisconsin governor’s task force on climate change....
:-||
Ron Johnson Gets Old Promise Brutally Flipped Back On Him By Local Newspaper
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel torched the Donald Trump loyalist in a stinging column that went to town on his many failings.

... The newspaper’s editorial board broke down exactly why it believes Johnson is “the worst Wisconsin political representative since the infamous Sen. Joseph McCarthy.” ...

... “You’ll notice Johnson is not touting a long record of accomplishments in his ads for re-election,” the board wrote. “Instead, he and his supporters have attacked his opponent — a Black man — as ‘different’ and ‘dangerous.’”

Johnson was first elected to the Senate in 2010.

“Johnson in the past promised to serve no more than two terms,” the board concluded. “Voters should hold him to that pledge in November.”
:---P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

It's not just Liz Cheney, non-Trumpette Repubs endorsing Dems has become a thing:
GOP Mayor In Arizona Finds Withering Way To Protest Donald Trump-Backed Kari Lake
Mesa Mayor John Giles sent a very clear message against the Republican gubernatorial candidate.

John Giles, the GOP mayor of Mesa, Arizona, on Sunday eschewed former President Donald Trump’s appearance at a rally for the hard-right Republican gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake.

Instead, Giles spoke at a campaign event for Lake’s Democratic rival Katie Hobbs.

In a video that Hobbs’ campaign shared on Facebook, Giles framed the upcoming contest as “a choice between sanity and chaos.” He also slammed 2020 election denier Lake as divisive and “dangerous for Arizona.”

“There is a rally in Mesa, Arizona, today, featuring some well-known out-of-town guests. I am not there. I am here. I am here campaigning for Katie Hobbs,” Giles told the audience, noting he was just one of the Republicans putting “state above our party” with their vote for the Democrat.

RCP Average 9/17 - 10/11: Lake (R) 47.3, Hobbs (D) 46.4
Spread Lake +0.9
:shock:
Rep. Lauren Boebert Ripped By GOP Primary Opponent In Op-Ed
Republican Don Coram urged voters to back Boebert's Democratic challenger Adam Frisch in November.

... Coram urged voters in Colorado to back former Aspen City Councilman Adam Frisch in what the polls currently predict will be a close race in November.

Boebert “spends her time jet-setting around the country promoting herself and extreme rhetoric that only divides this country further,” wrote Coram. “It’s disgraceful and we should expect more from our United States representative.”

“I believe Adam Frisch is a good man,” he added, saying Frisch was “decent, honest, and persistent” and had “demonstrated that he is more interested in representing the district than being a celebrity. That’s important.”
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

I don't think Katie Hobbs really wants to be governor.

She's giving the election away.