Joltin' Joe Biden

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Joltin' Joe Biden

Unread post by Vrede too »

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:30 pm
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.

:lol: Useless is so incompetent that he even screws up his signature whining:
3-01-22: 11 Vrede replies blocked
3-02-22: 5 Vrede replies blocked
3-01-22: 4 Vrede replies blocked
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: the not so Joltin' Joe the a-hole thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2022/02/joe- ... hp-protest

WTF is any dem trying to destroy Medicare with a Republican privatization scheme?
Let's trump off
Destroys Medicare
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

I am experiencing the limitations of Medicare right now.

One of my gold crowns got loose (still in place) and the Medicare dental coverage is a joke. I suspect this will wind up costing me about $1 grand to repair, if not more. I'll know more on Thursday after the initial appt.

Not fun.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:00 am
I am experiencing the limitations of Medicare right now.

One of my gold crowns got loose (still in place) and the Medicare dental coverage is a joke. I suspect this will wind up costing me about $1 grand to repair, if not more. I'll know more on Thursday after the initial appt.

Not fun.
Medicare doesn't have dental. You must be one of the ones who fell for the bullshit privatized Medicare
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:47 am
Medicare doesn't have dental. You must be one of the ones who fell for the bullshit privatized Medicare
Yes, he's on Kaiser Senior Advantage:
viewtopic.php?p=156975#p156975
This was a continuation of his longstanding Kaiser coverage. Probably not the choice I would have made, but perhaps more understandable than someone choosing an Advantage plan out of the blue.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:50 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
This was a continuation of his longstanding Kaiser coverage. Probably not the choice I would have made, but perhaps more understandable than someone choosing an Advantage plan out of the blue.
It's still privatized Medicare and can only hasten the end of Medicare.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:44 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Most employers round here offer Kaiser as their employee health care plan. Some offer higher end such as Blue Cross or other non-Kaiser stuff. But all that is irrelevant to the dental coverage; Medicare was never designed to offer it, AFAIK. The current Medicare Senior Advantage dental coverage is very spartan and covers only routine cleaning and x-rays. I tried that once... the cleaning was perfunctory and I never did see the x-rays they said they took.

If any of you have been following Biden's health care initiatives, you'd know that he has favored bringing full dental coverage into Medicare. But he has been blocked in this by the GQP and of course that is just plain wrong. Shoot, even the Brits have better dental care for their senior citizens. Eventually we'll get there, maybe in my lifetime.

In any case, tomorrow I'm going back to the same dentist outfit I got the crowns put on at. That dentist has retired but his office has my records and seems competent. We'll see. This is an expense I didn't quite anticipate, but looks like every five to ten years something I'll have to deal with.

As for Senior Advantage, yeah, it's a joke but the best option available to me at this time. And there is something even worse the cons are trying to replace it with.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:44 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:50 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Agreed, I was just saying that he got there for continuity, not that it's a good thing.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

He is the Fox News representative
The degree to which this little man begs to be dominated by Psaki is just absolutely insane. He should be paying her every time she answers him.
There’s a certain point when he should just register as an oil lobbyist
Doocey can’t seem to wrap his head around President Biden has no magic sway over oil companies jeez
She was explicit that there's permits cleared for drilling and oil companies just need to do so. He ended with "there's a lot of grey area here." Wtf?
But not a bit of grey matter...
And he's been Psaki'd one too many times. Dude will never learn.
He’s got the Ted Cruz humiliation kink
She's savage. And I love it.
“an embroidered invitation to drill”

Jen Psaki takes out Peter Doocey yet again.

New toy for the children of liberals: Rock 'Em Psaki 'Em Robots.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Psaki is an effin bad ass.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Watching Jolting Joe's NATO press conference.

So grateful TFG is nowhere near this.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:02 pm
And she recently tested pos.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Repugs are so State's Rights until they don't want to be.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:50 pm
And they want government so small it can fit in your bedroom.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:53 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:50 pm
And they want government so small it can fit in your bedroom.
:o :lol: :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:02 pm
Psaki leaving White House for MSNBC

:(
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Joe has jokes

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:53 pm
Joe has jokes

Yes, Biden was in fine form.

Thanks for sharing that gem.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 1:53 pm
Joe has jokes
Joe has medals:
Biden presents Presidential Medal of Freedom to Simone Biles, Gabrielle Giffords and 14 others

... The president took the time to recognize each recipient individually, sharing their contributions to the country and the world, starting with Biles.

"When we see her compete, we see unmatched, unmatched power and determination, grace and daring," the president said. "A trailblazer and a role model, when she stands on the podium, we see what she is — absolute courage to turn personal pain into greater purpose, to stand up and speak for those who cannot stand for herself. Today, she adds to her medal count of 32 — how are you going to find room? — 32 Olympic and world championship medals."
:clap: :-|| At 25 the youngest recipient ever.
The president also had words of praise for McCain, with whom he served in the Senate....
I guess, for the totality of his life, but he really pissed me off at times.
Sister Simone Campbell

A member of the Sisters of Social Service, Campbell advocates for immigration reform and economic justice.

Julieta García

García is the former president of The University of Texas at Brownsville.

Gabrielle Giffords

Giffords is a former member of Congress who survived an assassination attempt in 2011, and has since dedicated her life to gun violence prevention.

Fred Gray

Gray is a civil rights attorney who represented Rosa Parks, the NAACP and Martin Luther King Jr.

Steve Jobs

Jobs, who revolutionized global communication and computing as a co-founder of Apple, died in 2011.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Father Alexander Karloutsos

Karloutsos was formerly the Vicar General of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, and has advised multiple U.S. presidents.
-0-?
Khizr Khan

Khan is the Gold Star father who criticized Trump in a speech at the 2016 Democratic convention.
Not that I'm opposed to rubbing TRE45ON's nose in it, but is that sufficient?
Sandra Lindsay

Lindsay is a New York nurse who served on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
She was also "the first American to be administered an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine." Not sure about Joe's remarks, but I see this as a medal for all pandemic nurses and other medical staff. :-|| :-|| :-||
Diane Nash

Nash organized key civil rights campaigns during segregation.

Megan Rapinoe

Rapinoe, an Olympic gold medalist and World Cup champion as a member of the U.S. Women's National Soccer Team, has advocated for gender pay equality and LBGTQ+ rights.
:clap: :clap:
Alan Simpson

Simpson was a U.S. senator from Wyoming for 18 years.
:puke-left:
Richard Trumka

Trumka led the AFL-CIO, the nation's largest labor coalition, for more than a decade before he died last year.
Plus the UMW before that. As a radical lefty and treehugger I didn't like everything he did, but he had a helluva career.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_T ... _president
... In March 2013, Trumka confirmed that organized labor would make an effort to work more closely with groups trying to aid immigrant workers, as the national debate on minimum wage and fair employment in the restaurant industry heated up.

On August 15, 2017, a few days after the Unite the Right rally and then U.S. President Donald Trump's broadly criticized statements, Trumka quit the president's "manufacturing council" and published a statement, which included the following:

We cannot sit in a council for a President who tolerates bigotry and domestic terrorism. [...] President Trump's remarks today repudiate his forced remarks yesterday about the KKK and neo-Nazis, [...] We must resign on behalf of America's working people, who reject all notions of legitimacy of these bigoted groups. ...
:thumbup:
Wilma Vaught

Brigadier General Wilma Vaught broke barriers for women in the military, and was one of only seven female generals across the Armed Forces when she retired in 1985, according to the White House.
Meh, important woman/fish in a filthy pond.
Raúl Yzaguirre

A civil rights advocate, Yzaguirre was the U.S. ambassador to the Dominican Republic under former President Barack Obama.
O Really's people, maybe even young activist companeros.
1312. ETTD.