Sickophants

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Sickophants

Unread post by Vrede too »

Spoiler:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Fooled me completely
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

According to the Trump campaign, the issues were caused by congestion due to local road closures.

:shock: How many "local roads" intersect or cross an airport tarmac? And how many of those roads closed during the three hours between the time buses brought them there and when the clown show was over? These evil bastards will just lie about anything.....

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:11 am
According to the Trump campaign, the issues were caused by congestion due to local road closures.

:shock: How many "local roads" intersect or cross an airport tarmac? And how many of those roads closed during the three hours between the time buses brought them there and when the clown show was over? These evil bastards will just lie about anything.....
Cowering from accountability, as usual. It's irrelevant. Any competent campaign would have accounted for environmental and social constraints in planning for the health and safety of its supporters.

In the last days of the campaign, Trump wallows in his contempt for his supporters
It's no surprise that Trump thinks his supporters are a bunch of morons. Now he isn't even pretending any longer

Sen. Martha McSally, an Arizona Republican, has paid her bootlicking dues. She's repeatedly gone out of her way to show obeisance to Donald Trump, most famously in January when she yelled "liberal hack" repeatedly at a CNN reporter who asked her if the Senate should consider evidence before rushing to acquit Trump during his impeachment trial.

But despite years of bowing and scraping and, of course, voting to acquit Trump despite his obvious guilt, McSally has earned no loyalty in return from her orange master. She's in a tough race against former astronaut Mark Kelly, a Democrat, and has consistently trailed in the polls. At a recent Arizona rally, Trump didn't bother to hide his disdain for McSally's standard political desire to address her own potential voters.

"Martha, just come up fast. Fast. Fast. Come on. Quick," Trump barked at her. "You got one minute! One minute, Martha! They don't want to hear this, Martha. Come on. Let's go. Quick, quick, quick. Come on. Let's go." It was clear that, as always, Trump resents every moment when the spotlight's not in him, even in the context of helping a sycophant.

That moment went viral, since cringeworthy is the emotional fuel of the internet. It also illustrated of one of the most frustrating aspects of Trumpism: Trump treats his own supporters as a pack of morons, but they don't seem to mind and keep on adoring him anyway....
:o :---P LOSER McSally, de jure now, de facto in 5 days.

The rest of the article is a fascinating listing of PINO's utter disdain for his fans.

Two who attended Trump's Gaston County rally test positive for coronavirus

Supporters cheer as President Donald Trump speaks during a campaign rally at Gastonia Municipal Airport, Wednesday, Oct. 21, 2020, in Gastonia, N.C.

Gastonia is 84 miles away from me by road. :problem:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Local paper today has headline about Ballad Health beginning to panic over increasing cases. I bought paper towels and toilet paper yesterday. By February I'll be having to chase down something and kill it for dinner. Started working out today.

Edit; makes me wonder it those two behind me at Wal Mart food store the other day are to blame. Shitheads.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Psychophants Sickened

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 pm
Local paper today has headline about Ballad Health beginning to panic over increasing cases. I bought paper towels and toilet paper yesterday. By February I'll be having to chase down something and kill it for dinner. Started working out today.

Edit; makes me wonder it those two behind me at Wal Mart food store the other day are to blame. Shitheads.
Chase them down and kill them for dinner. Avoid eating bats.
Dozen People Overcome By Heat, Rushed To Hospital During Trump's (Tampa) Florida Rally

... A fire truck sprayed water into the air to rain down on rallygoers and keep them cool. At one point, Trump asked the crowd if the spray was coming from “friend or foe,” adding: “If they’re foe, let’s take care of those sons of bitches.”

Many of the packed, mostly maskless supporters had been waiting for hours in the 87-degree heat outside the Raymond James Stadium:

viewtopic.php?p=128599#p128599
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:13 am
Most incompetent campaign ever. I'm having trouble generating any sympathy. I think I would have resisted saying, "Serves you right," if they came to my ER. ;)
I think.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Yeah, they need Manafort, Kellyanne, and Chris Christie to fix this in a big hurry.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

These Trump supporters, many of whom were armed, surrounded the bus on the interstate and attempted to drive it off the road,” he alleged. “They outnumbered police 50-1, and they ended up hitting a staffer’s car.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-cam ... ref=scroll

No arrests?

Should the Biden us gone to ramming speed?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:13 pm
... No arrests? ...
Guesses, but idk:

Not enough cops on scene to lose any going after individual Trumpettes.
Plenty of time to review video and then charge.

Also, this terrorist stupidity will likely help Biden more than the Austin event would have, haha.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:13 pm
These Trump supporters, many of whom were armed, surrounded the bus on the interstate and attempted to drive it off the road,” he alleged. “They outnumbered police 50-1, and they ended up hitting a staffer’s car.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/biden-cam ... ref=scroll

No arrests?

Should the Biden us gone to ramming speed?
FBI probing Trump caravan confrontation with Biden campaign bus in Texas

Despite PINO's lies about what happened and praise for the terrorists. It'll be interesting to see what the FBI, state and local authorities do, if anything.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

They'll do nothing. Same as all the various state and local laws he breaks at every rally.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Trump Campaign Lawyer Comically Filed Election Lawsuit in Court That Had No Authority to Hear the Case

Then, he lied and stupidly blamed the e-filing system for a glitch that's impossible.
... “The systems don’t even talk to each other,” (National Security Counselors Executive Director Kel) McClanahan continued. “I couldn’t accidentally file something in the W.D. Mich. any more than I could accidentally file it in Australia. What is not beyond possibility is a stupid lawyer who is barred in two courts clicking on the wrong ECF bookmark by mistake [and] not realizing it until later. That might not be uncommon in the legal circles in which Trump’s lawyers travel.” ...
Idiot, liar and coward - no wonder he's a PINO lawyer.

Others are fleeing:

Second Major Law Firm Representing Trump in Election Lawsuits Abandons Ship
(all too funny to excerpt)

But wait, it all gets funnier:

Trump Campaign Lawyer Caught Using His Business Partner as Witness in ‘Sharpiegate’ Case
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Might as well cue the Three Stooges music......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5a45f1uy80

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:lol: Peter Navarro maintains his perfect record. What will be his next trick?
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-trade- ... 00959.html

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:10 pm

"We're moving forward here at the White House under the assumption that there will be a second Trump term," Navarro said. He then outlined how the Trump campaign and the White House "seek verifiable ballots" and "an investigation into what are growing numbers of allegations of fraud" in the election, and declared anyone who believes Biden won to be operating under "an immaculate deception"'

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:18 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:10 pm
"We're moving forward here at the White House under the assumption that there will be a second Trump term," Navarro said. He then outlined how the Trump campaign and the White House "seek verifiable ballots" and "an investigation into what are growing numbers of allegations of fraud" in the election, and declared anyone who believes Biden won to be operating under "an immaculate deception"'
:roll: :crazy:

Kellyanne's "Landslide. Blowout. Historic." was actually an EC margin of 77K votes across 3 key states while losing the national vote by 3M. Joe flipped those 3 states, won by larger margins in them, flipped AZ and GA, too, and won the national vote by at least 5M while also topping Hillary's national percent margin.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Fox Host’s Simple Question Derails Interview With Trump Aide

Vittert: [With Trump having] no plans to concede, what’s the path to 270?
Cowering and deflection ensues.
... Astonishingly, while both argued over each other, Perrine blamed Fox News for the Russia investigation.

“I get it. I get it. You guys spent years trying to run up a Russian hoax against the president and trying to say this is over. And the hypocrisy continues,” Perrine said.
:o :confusion-scratchheadblue: Faux Noise?
... Vittert laughed at the question but did take offense at being lumped in with other media outlets, saying, “So now you just attack everybody if they don’t agree with you, OK. Not much else to say,” the host said as he ended the interview....

:lol: Even broken clocks . . .
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Not that I'd excuse the real politicians who are stupidly going along with Trump's charade, but I do understand why the garden variety Trump fan would believe the "rigged" and "fraud filled" results. After all, their ummm, "leaders" have been cheating, scheming, and setting up ways to manipulate the vote for years. They've been taught that's the way to win, ergo the winner must have rigged the election.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:37 pm
Not that I'd excuse the real politicians who are stupidly going along with Trump's charade, but I do understand why the garden variety Trump fan would believe the "rigged" and "fraud filled" results. After all, their ummm, "leaders" have been cheating, scheming, and setting up ways to manipulate the vote for years. They've been taught that's the way to win, ergo the winner must have rigged the election.
You imply but don't directly mention how moronic and gullible they are.

Bopp flop:
Pro-Trump Wisconsin Lawyers Spike Election Lawsuit on Morning of Court Hearing

When filing their federal lawsuit in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Republican lawyers hoping to block certification of the vote in a state that outgoing President Donald Trump lost wrote in their complaint that “evidence will be shortly forthcoming.” That never happened. Their legal team voluntarily dismissed their baseless voter fraud allegations hours before oral arguments had been scheduled to occur on Monday morning.

Wisconsin voter Michael Langenhorst, the lead plaintiff in the action, did not explain his sudden about-face in his notice of dismissal.

His attorney Michael Dean did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment. Declining comment was Dean’s co-counsel at the plaintiffs’ table: James Bopp, Jr., a powerful Republican attorney behind the Citizens United v. FEC—the Supreme Court decision that weakened campaign finance law and fueled the rise of super PACs.

“Sorry because of atty client privilege and because I do not telegraph my next moves, I cannot comment,” Bopp wrote in an email.
:lol: What "next moves"?
Bopp’s lawsuit promised, but did not provide, damning evidence of “illegal ballot stuffing, ballot harvesting, and other illegal voting.”

“This evidence will be shortly forthcoming when the relevant official documents are final and available, for which discovery may be required, and the result of the analysis and expert reports based thereon will show that sufficient illegal ballots were included in the results to change or place in doubt the November 3 presidential-election results,” the complaint vowed and never delivered.

... Across the United States, a flood of litigation by the Trump campaign and its allies have popped into court with lofty promises only to fizzle out in a string of dismissals by judges—and often, attorneys seemingly cutting their losses....
:---P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:53 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:37 pm
You imply but don't directly mention how moronic and gullible they are.

I think that goes without saying. They believe, for example:
...that offending and abusing ones allies improves life in the US
...that immigrants can be chased out of the country and the veggies and fruit will still get harvested.
...that increased costs caused by tariffs are paid by some foreign country
...that the American public is better served by lies than by truth, and by fantasy instead of fact
...that you can make a virus go away by ignoring it

etc.