Sedition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Sedition

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:26 pm
How's this for a coincidence? This OH site mentions that Cipollone is a 1984 grad of Covington Catholic High School.

Jan. 6 hearings: Panel may call former White House counsel, a Covington Catholic grad, to testify

Covington is the school attended by those smirking Trumpette kids that confronted Native American activist Nathan Phillips at the Lincoln Memorial in 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2 ... frontation
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Back in 84 the GOP was riding high. Then they went to shit fawning over a raccoon eyed juvenile minded moron and pathological liar called trump. They continue to do so at high speed even now. Nobody from 84 would have ever expected it except for the ones who sowed the seeds for it.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:-|| :-||

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

It does me good to see Lindsey grouped with these other morons. But then again, Lindsey has no shame. I hope he doesn't show up at my place. He won't like me.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:38 pm
:thumbup: It may not come to anything, but the idea that Rudy, Lindsey and Eastman are sweating makes me :D .

Cassidy Hutchinson testimony prompts reassessment of Trump legal culpability

A 25 year old Meadows aide and a 55 year old Wyoming Rep were not even on my Heroes of Democracy bingo card.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:47 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:38 pm
:thumbup: It may not come to anything, but the idea that Rudy, Lindsey and Eastman are sweating makes me :D .

Nope, this subpoena has teeth.

Show up or get fitted with shiny bracelets.

Liz is only 55? Whoa.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:09 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Liz is only 55? Whoa.
By "anything" I meant charges. I get that they will have to appear and at least take the 5th.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:30 pm

By "anything" I meant charges. I get that they will have to appear and at least take the 5th.
Ah, I was thinking blow it off or contest it like the House subpoenas.

Excessive 5th taking might just bring those charges though.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:30 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:09 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Liz is only 55? Whoa.
:lolno:

He's gonna try to blow them off. Hoping the judge says hell no.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Hell, there aren't enough brooms for this "witch hunt." Hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:30 pm
He's gonna try to blow them off. Hoping the judge says hell no.
Lindsey must have some big complicity to hide.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Sedition funnies

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Sedition funnies

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:48 pm
:happy-cheerleaderkid:

GoCubsGo
Admiral

A fatal flaw in their dastardly plan!

BTW, lock her up!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:35 am
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:14 am
O Really wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:00 pm
I think Trump has to go down hard or every Ron, Greg and Glen will keep doing exactly the same in total disregard for the law, the courts, and basic human decency. Sure he'd be a martyr for his cultists, but it would be a sharp legal lesson for everyone wanting to follow his formula.
This fascism and coups expert agrees with you.

Trump might have to be prosecuted to save American democracy, an expert on authoritarianism argues

Long, but fascinating and frightening to me. She also trashes DeSantis at the end.
It seems obvious.

Where's Merrick?
GoMerrickGo

CNN airs bodycam footage of Trump DOJ lawyer during DOJ raid: 'Can I put my pants on?'

No, you tried to strip us of our democracy, deal with it.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

NEW POLL: Cassidy Hutchinson’s Favorability Clobbers Trump and Liz Cheney – And Every Other Jan. 6 Figure

... Hutchinson is the former top aide to Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows who set the political media world on fire when she dropped bombshell after bombshell at a surprise hearing of the January 6 committee 11 days ago. Despite attacks from Trump and others, Hutchinson’s favorability with the public eclipses all other Jan. 6 figures.
"Clobbers" is a relative term.
Respondents to a new The Economist/YouGov poll were asked “Do you have a favorable or an unfavorable opinion of the following people?”

For Cassidy Hutchinson, 31 percent held a favorable view, while 28 percent viewed her unfavorably — a net favorability of +3 points. Another 41 percent responded “Don’t know.”
Yep, just +3 points. However,
Respondents were also asked for their views on several other figures related to the probe, and Hutchinson beat them all.

Mark Meadows had a net favorability of -17 points, Liz Cheney was at -3 points, Rudy Giuliani achieved a whopping -22 points, and former Attorney General William Barr scored a -19.

Hutchinson also beat Trump — who scored a minus 22 points net favorability — and former Vice President Mike Pence’s minus twenty net favorability.
Ouch. Dolt .45 and Rudy "win".
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Trump and his allies attacked Hutchinson’s credibility, but so far, the public seems to be with her, and her testimony appears to have passed another test this week. Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a key member of the January 6 committee, said in an interview that ex-Trump White House Counsel Pat Cipollone “did not contradict” Hutchinson in nearly 8 hours of testimony.

In her testimony, Hutchinson related some stunning direct conversations with Cipollone from Jan. 6....
Her testimony was compelling, and 100% honest unless she's a great actress. So, what now for Cassidy Hutchinson?
Career

While attending Christopher Newport University, Hutchinson interned for Republican Senator Ted Cruz and Republican US House of Representatives whip Steve Scalise. In the summer of 2018, she served as an intern and later an employee in the White House Office of Legislative Affairs.

In March 2020, when Mark Meadows became Trump's fourth chief of staff, he selected her to serve as one of his aides. She soon became Meadows' principal assistant, continuing through to the end of the Trump presidency, where her title was Special Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs....
Not just a RepuQ but a far right RepuQ that's worked for some of the most vile RepuQ there are;
Pennington, New Jersey girl, Whack9;
Bachelor of Arts degree in political science;
Young, just 26;
Smart;
Articulate;
Beautiful (if one ignores the far right RepuQ thing);
Considered a traitor by Trumpettes and maybe other Repugs.

With these contradictions does she have a place in DC politics anymore?
Free ride for graduate work at dozens of schools.
A book, but maybe her story is a little thin yet.
Media, but in what niche?
Run for office in NJ? Why not?
Aha, Dancing with the Stars.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany and White House legislative aide Cassidy Hutchinson dance to the song YMCA as President Donald Trump ends a campaign rally at Eugene F. Kranz Toledo Express Airport, Monday, Sept. 21, 2020, in Swanton, Ohio.

You heard it here first.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Cassidy Hutchinson: Why the Jan. 6 Committee Rushed Her Testimony

... On that day in June, the caller told Hutchinson, as Liz Cheney, the committee’s vice chair, later disclosed: A person “let me know you have your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal. And you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.”

At Hutchinson’s deposition the next day, committee members investigating the attack on the Capitol were so alarmed by what they considered a clear case of witness tampering — not to mention Hutchinson’s shocking account of President Donald Trump’s behavior on Jan. 6, 2021 — that they decided in a meeting June 24, a Friday, to hold an emergency public hearing with Hutchinson as the surprise witness the following Tuesday.

The speed, people close to the committee said, was for two crucial reasons: Hutchinson was under intense pressure from Trump World, and panel members believed that getting her story out in public would make her less vulnerable, attract powerful allies and be its own kind of protection. The committee also had to move fast, the people said, to avoid leaks of some of the most explosive testimony ever heard on Capitol Hill....
:shock: :ateeth:

I assume the FBI is already investigating the caller. Lock her/him up!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Judge won't delay trial for Trump ex-adviser Steve Bannon

A federal judge on Monday declined to delay the upcoming trial of Steve Bannon, a one-time adviser to former President Donald Trump who faces contempt of Congress charges after refusing for months to cooperate with the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection.

Bannon is still scheduled to go on trial next week despite telling the House committee late Saturday that he is now prepared to testify. It's unclear whether Bannon will again decline to appear before the committee with the trial pending.

Bannon was also barred from asserting several potential defenses or calling House Speaker Nancy Pelosi or members of the House committee to the stand. The series of rulings by U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols left one of his attorneys complaining that the former White House senior official, now host of the “Bannon's War Room” podcast, wouldn't be able to defend himself at all....
:violin: People are impolite to traitors, get ready for more of it.

Judge Carl J. Nichols was appointed by TRE45ON. :lol:

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”