Sedition

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Sedition

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Doing WNC proud .

:lol:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:47 pm
It's a minor point in that huge smoking gun shitstorm, but it's a hoot that they fell for their own Antifa-Dem :bs: . Antifa doesn't care about elections. They're anarchists and some communists, duh. In fact, they're often better served when the RepuQ are in charge - recruiting is easier.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:41 pm
Doing WNC proud.
Sooner or later TRE45ON betrays EVERYONE.

Idk, if it's a choice I might prefer it if Meadows (62) goes down over Dolt. 45 (76). Former PINO is old and could die any day, and may lose 2024 for the RepuQs, while Meadows could still damage America if he chooses. Plus, there's my NC11 grudge.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:55 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Doing WNC proud.

Idk, if it's a choice I might prefer it if Meadows (62) goes down over Dolt. 45 (76). Former PINO is old and could die any day, and may lose 2024 for the RepuQs, while Meadows could still damage America if he chooses. Plus, there's my NC11 grudge.
I don't think it's mutually exclusive. And then Meadows might ask himself, "oh, if only there was somebody higher I could roll on..."

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:03 am
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Doing WNC proud.

I don't think it's mutually exclusive. And then Meadows might ask himself, "oh, if only there was somebody higher I could roll on..."
Hmmm...
Are you a lawyer named George irl? ;)

viewtopic.php?p=171759#p171759

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:22 am

Hmmm...
Are you a lawyer named George irl? ;)

viewtopic.php?p=171759#p171759
Ha! No, but it's a pretty obvious idea. I'm sure we're not the only ones who had it. Wonder if Meadows is smart enough to have figured it out.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:03 am
Vrede too wrote:

That's what I was responding to, George Conway's tweet above. I'm not sure that I'd want Meadows to be offered a deal, or for him to accept one, unless he wasn't still getting significant prison time, regardless. At some point a person is high enough in a criminal enterprise that they shouldn't get to skate even if they offer up someone incrementally higher.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Tv talking head suggested that Dolt .45 could be charged with manslaughter. I was only halfway listening so I'm not sure if it's a serious proposal or not.

2 men who pepper-sprayed officers at the Capitol riot last year wept as a judge sentenced them to over 3 years in prison

People who pepper spray crying is satisfying poetic justice.
... Two New York men wept as a judge handed down prison time for their participation in the Capitol riot last year.

Cody Mattice, 29, and James Mault, 30, both received 44 months of prison time on Friday, according to records from the Justice Department. In April, the two pleaded guilty to assaulting law enforcement officers during the Capitol riot, a Justice Department release says.
Harsh sentences, at last. Harbinger of more to come? Sounds like these Trumpettes will miss the 2024 campaign, in prison or restricted by parole, awww. They won't even be able to vote until their sentences are completed. Maybe longer depending on DC or NY law.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Turns out one of the "New York men" above is also from NC.
Former Fort Bragg soldier receives one of the harshest sentences tied to Capitol riot

A former Fort Bragg soldier, who re-enlisted in the Army after attacking police with chemical spray during the riot at the U.S. Capitol, will now serve the longest prison sentence handed down so far against a North Carolina defendant tied to the massive insurrection case.

On Friday, a federal judge in Washington sentenced both James Mault of Fayetteville and a co-defendant to 44 months in prison plus three years of supervised release....

A weeping Mault, formerly of Brockport, N.Y., near Rochester, took responsibility for his actions but asked for leniency....

That Mault was a soldier at all was a bit of a fluke. The Army veteran had been fired from his ironworker’s job in New York after the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection at the Capitol by a mob of Donald Trump supporters trying to keep the defeated president in office....

Mault, who served four years as an Army combat engineer in Kuwait, re-enlisted in May. According to the Washington Post, the Army said it was not aware he was being investigated by the FBI when it allowed him to return.

He was arrested at Fort Bragg in October after investigators obtained videos that placed him and his friend Mattice at two front lines of the Capitol violence, according to court documents....

To date more than 850 people have been arrested in connection with the Capitol violence, including more than 260 who have been charged with assaulting or impeding police officers. Of those sentenced, only four have received longer prison terms than Mault and Mattice, according to the Post.

At least 23 North Carolinians have been charged in connection with the riot, including purported members of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers extremist groups. Others remain under investigation....
On behalf of our Army and NC I am just bursting with pride. :roll:
Who are the key players from North Carolina in the events of Jan. 6?

North Carolina has emerged as a state with many of the key players involved in the events of Jan. 6, 2021, that were meant to prevent the election certification of President Joe Biden.

The U.S. Department of Justice charged 21 North Carolina residents for their alleged participation in the insurrection at the U.S. Capitol that day.

And several well-known individuals from the state, including both politicians and lawyers, have connections in one way or another to the events of that day.

Here are their stories:

Mark Meadows ...

Mark Martin ...

Cleta Mitchell

... Mitchell isn’t originally from North Carolina, but now lives in Pinehurst and has close ties to the Meadows family. She has served as an attorney for their organizations, including Right Women PAC, a super PAC run by Meadows’ wife, Debra.

Meadows, in his book, and Mitchell, in a podcast, have independently detailed their attempts to help Trump overturn Georgia’s 2020 election results....

Sidney Powell ...

Madison Cawthorn ...

Sandy Smith

In the crowd on the Ellipse that day was Sandy Smith, Republican candidate for North Carolina’s 1st Congressional District and a Trump supporter....

Donnie Loftis

Unlike Smith, now-state Rep. Donnie Loftis admitted in a Facebook post that he was close enough to the Capitol that he not only “got gassed” three times, but he also was at the entrance when the door was breached. What’s unclear is whether Loftis entered the building.

Loftis represents Gaston County, and was nominated by the county’s Republican Party following the death of Rep. Dana Bumgardner.

Democrats staged a walkout the night of Loftis’ swearing-in to protest his participation on Jan. 6.

Voting against certification

Congress recessed to allow members to get to safety after the Capitol was breached, but returned that evening to certify Biden’s election.

Of North Carolina’s 15 members of Congress, seven Republicans voted against certification, including Cawthorn and Reps. Ted Budd, Dan Bishop, Virginia Foxx, Richard Hudson, Greg Murphy and David Rouzer.

Budd is now running for a Senate seat. He faces Democratic former North Carolina Supreme Court Chief Justice Cheri Beasley in November.
:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:

RCP Average: Budd +3.8

:puke-left:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:47 pm
Turns out one of the "New York men" above is also from NC.
Former Fort Bragg soldier receives one of the harshest sentences tied to Capitol riot

... At least 23 North Carolinians have been charged in connection with the riot, including purported members of the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers extremist groups. Others remain under investigation....
On behalf of our Army and NC I am just bursting with pride. :roll:
You can search your own state at the site, and maybe even just a select city. In most cases I'm sure that "Location of Arrest" is where the perp lives, but perhaps not all. Nobody from Hooterville, but there is CANTWELL, Lewis Easton from Asheville. 7 charges, none violent depending on the supporting evidence. He pleaded guilty 3/24/22, no mention of sentence yet.

Lock them up!
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This guy worked in the White House?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:33 pm
This guy worked in the White House?
That surprises you? I'll bet the poor victim fit right in.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/thot#Etymology_3

Supposedly an acronym of that ho over there or acronym of thirsty hoes over there, popularized by rappers in Chicago in 2012. (This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium. Particularly: “Additional sources please: these sound like fake folk etymologies.”)

(US, derogatory slang) A slut, a woman who is sexually promiscuous.
Urban Dictionary has many more varied definitions of thot.
In Search of a Cure for Toxic Masculinity
@Plutocratssuck

Petulant little mediocre man.
“I am the least racist person …” = “I am a racist.”
Oh Garrett, sweet summer soul. Brilliance not a strong trait, is it?
“But misogyny I have heaps of”
Please keep him away from gun shops.
Totally NOT a Nazi.....
Stephen Miller buddy?
That was my first thought.
United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack
Timeline of proceedings: 2022

July 19:
The Secret Service said it could not recover the text messages. The National Archives called for an investigation.
Garrett Ziegler, a Trump White House aide to Peter Navarro, spoke to the committee....
The heavily politicized by TREA45ON Secret Service's disposal of Jan 6-7 texts is obscene, as are their lies about how it happened. Heads, lots of them, should roll.

That figures. Having never been correct about anything why would Navarro have quality staff?

viewtopic.php?p=125581#p125581
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:28 pm
Topped off with a little Peter Navarro. .

viewtopic.php?p=125883#p125883
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:24 pm
Peter Navarro says "you can't fix stupid." And he should know this better than anyone. He's never been right yet, and his final statement in this story is "I've got 30 projects on my board across the street." The story does not say if he made it back across the street but I have no doubt that if he does, he will fuck up or misunderstand 30 more things.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/cant-fix-stu ... 28629.html
viewtopic.php?p=129752#p129752
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:10 pm
:lol: Peter Navarro maintains his perfect record. What will be his next trick?
Trump trade adviser says White House is 'moving forward under the assumption there will be a 2nd Trump term'
viewtopic.php?p=121913#p121913
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:38 pm
:lol: Kudlow and Navarro are the "never been right" twins. They have a perfect record.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:57 pm
United States House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack
Timeline of proceedings: 2022

July 19:
The Secret Service said it could not recover the text messages. The National Archives called for an investigation....
The heavily politicized by TREA45ON Secret Service's disposal of Jan 6-7 texts is obscene, as are their lies about how it happened. Heads, lots of them, should roll....
Secret Service deleted Jan. 6 text messages after House requested them

... Secret Service officials say the wiped messages were part of a prescheduled “reset” of their phones. But House lawmakers have cast doubt on that explanation for the missing messages, which cover critical moments leading up to and through the Jan. 6 insurrection....

Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi called the reports “categorically false” at the time. The agency was engaged in a prescheduled reset of devices before receiving the request from the DHS inspector general to protect records, according to a Secret Service statement.

However, the text messages were requested before they were deleted. “Congress informed the Secret Service it needed to preserve and produce documents related to January 6 on January 16, 2021, and again on January 25, 2021, for four different committees who were investigating what happened, according to the source,” CNN reported Wednesday. “The Secret Service migration did not start until January 27, 2021.” ...
:obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:56 pm

Secret Service spokesman Anthony Guglielmi called the reports “categorically false” at the time. The agency was engaged in a prescheduled reset of devices before receiving the request from the DHS inspector general to protect records, according to a Secret Service statement.

However, the text messages were requested before they were deleted. “Congress informed the Secret Service it needed to preserve and produce documents related to January 6 on January 16, 2021, and again on January 25, 2021, for four different committees who were investigating what happened, according to the source,” CNN reported Wednesday. “The Secret Service migration did not start until January 27, 2021.” ...
Makes me wonder how big a smoking gun they are trying to hide, there's a lot of possibilities.

The USSS reputation has taken quite a few hits in the last twenty years, this may be the biggest. It's just not credible. Another thing trump may have poisoned beyond redemption. If I'm not mistaken, it used to be under treasury, but now is part of Homeland Security, part of a massive bureaucracy. Biden needs to clean house and get it back under control, make it smaller and great again.🙄

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:13 am
Vrede too wrote:

Makes me wonder how big a smoking gun they are trying to hide, there's a lot of possibilities.

The USSS reputation has taken quite a few hits in the last twenty years, this may be the biggest. It's just not credible. Another thing trump may have poisoned beyond redemption. If I'm not mistaken, it used to be under treasury, but now is part of Homeland Security, part of a massive bureaucracy. Biden needs to clean house and get it back under control, make it smaller and great again.🙄
The only way back is to prosecute all who destroyed evidence and that ain't happening with Biden and merrick.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:35 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:13 am

The only way back is to prosecute all who destroyed evidence and that ain't happening with Biden and merrick.
Idk about tepid Merrick, but Joe could expose and fire the agents responsible. Maybe the Committee will do some outing of the SS traitors, we'll see.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Seems like it would be difficult to prosecute and punish without knowing there was actual malice (as opposed to incompetence) and the only way to know that is to recover the texts and see what they're covering up.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:31 am
Seems like it would be difficult to prosecute and punish without knowing there was actual malice (as opposed to incompetence) and the only way to know that is to recover the texts and see what they're covering up.
I'd agree, but only partially. It may not be criminal to be incompetent, but it's still punishable if it involved destruction of materials already under request from the Committee. Even if the texts were recovered and included damning information, they'd still be able to claim "opps." Lesson long learned from Rose Mary Woods, if not before. Criminal charges might be off to the table, but a trip to the woodshed would be in order.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:19 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:31 am
I'd agree, but only partially. It may not be criminal to be incompetent, but it's still punishable if it involved destruction of materials already under request from the Committee. Even if the texts were recovered and included damning information, they'd still be able to claim "opps." Lesson long learned from Rose Mary Woods, if not before. Criminal charges might be off to the table, but a trip to the woodshed would be in order.
Even if the texts are permanently gone it MAY be possible to track how they were deleted and by who in order to show that it was a deliberate act. Then, MAYBE one or more SS agents will be willing to tell the truth about the Jan 6 events and actions and/or about the text deletions. I'm not holding my breath, but I never would have predicted that a young Meadows aide would apparently be the most honest and devastating witness against TRE45ON.

TV News:
50% say that Dolt .45 should be charged.
28% think that Dolt .45 will be charged.

Me: 22% say "FU Garland."
1312. ETTD.