Cawthorn

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Cawthorn

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:23 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:04 am
O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:01 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:20 am

How big can a proudly uneducated white Republican party be?
I dunno. Apparently about 70 million as of last official count. :roll:
Wonder if it would be that big if republicans actually paid attention.
I really do think that RepuQ's have become moe legit cultish in their ummm "loyalty." Dems are generally quite willing to trash their own when deserved, as evidenced by Gov Newsom's poor decision to go to a private gathering during a SIYFH order. Dems may be willing to overlook, or at least keep a transgressor in office, but won't usually say inherently stupid things in defence. What's wrong with saying "I like Cruz, and voted for him, but he really fucked up with this trip - what was he thinking?" Why must they blame the press, the Dems, social media, the Chinese? I've always been able to understand a person who might say "Trump is a narcissistic asshole, cruel, rude, and corrupt, but he's my guy because (whatever single-issue is). But I'll never understand anybody who would say Trump is a good president or a good person or a good leader, etc.
Republicans MUST cast themselves as victims of "something" rather than provide any rational explanation for what they say and do. It's much easier to do this than justify themselves via intelligent argument. They have embraced the "poorly educated" doctrine in which they realize a lot of their "supporters" are just too stupid to not believe their bullshit. The fatbellies in charge of the GOP are milking this for all it's worth.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

P.T. Barnum was the first modern Republican.
Made lots of money running a freak show under the belief that "there's a fool born every minute."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:50 pm
P.T. Barnum was the first modern Republican.
Made lots of money running a freak show under the belief that "there's a fool born every minute."
Misattributed

There's a sucker born every minute.

Commonly attributed to Barnum, there is much testimony of contemporaries that he never actually said this, and in "P. T. Barnum Never Did Say "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute" R. J. Brown asserts that it actually originated with a banker named David Hannum, in reference to one of Barnum's hoaxes: a replica of the Cardiff Giant.
I can't remember where but I saw a more detailed account claiming that Barnum never would have disparaged his customers that way. If not, it's funny that the most famous quote from someone that contributed so much to our culture is itself a hoax.

Anyhow, regardless of perp most modern Repugs are indeed suckers.

I found this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P._T._Barnum
... Barnum served two terms in the Connecticut legislature in 1865 as a Republican for Fairfield, Connecticut. He spoke before the legislature concerning the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution which abolished slavery and involuntary servitude: "A human soul, 'that God has created and Christ died for,' is not to be trifled with. It may tenant the body of a Chinaman, a Turk, an Arab, or a Hottentot—it is still an immortal spirit". He was elected in 1875 as mayor of Bridgeport, Connecticut where he worked to improve the water supply, bring gas lighting to streets, and enforce liquor and prostitution laws. He was also instrumental in starting Bridgeport Hospital in 1878 and was its first president....
Sounds like he was more of an original Repug than a modern one.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:39 am
Between him and Calamity Boebert from Colorado they have zero high school diplomas.

The faces of the new Republican party?
Calamity Boebert should have finished her civics classes.

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert was slammed on Twitter for bungling the basics of the Constitution

Apparently she doesn't realize her treasured second amendment is a change to the constitution.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:42 pm

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert was slammed on Twitter for bungling the basics of the Constitution
To be fair, 'amendment' has 3 syllables and 'ratification' has 5.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:47 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:42 pm

To be fair, 'amendment' has 3 syllables and 'ratification' has 5.
Damn those multi syllabic words.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Boebert

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:48 pm
Damn those multi syllabic words.
Yeah, graduating cum laude from Boston University is exactly like getting a GED
I'm calling on Joe Biden to order the Rainbow flag to be flown in honor of Rush Limbaugh's death.

More tweets from Smith:
https://twitter.com/GreggSmithCO3/statu ... 9914162178

A different opponent:

QBert is all hat and no cattle. Kerry is the real deal folks.
"QBert" :lol:
QMad?
Qjorie?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

WTF Madison?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:57 am
WTF Madison?

What always gets me is the fact that the first three words of the 2nd amendment are "A well regulated." And also the fact that when the amendment was written, adopted, and ratified, the only "arms" that existed were single shot muzzle or breech loaded ones (pistols, long guns, and cannon). But the GOP nutjobs and wingnuts skip over that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:57 am
WTF Madison?
"... The 2nd Amendment must be underlined and bolded....
... in crayon or I will hold me breath until I turn blue, waaa."
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Atta boy Maddy, I knew ya had it in you.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/ad ... ssion=true

Ol boy spread a lot of slime for one semester.

Patrick Henry students said, it didn’t take long for women on campus to start warning one another: You don’t want to be alone with him, especially in his car.

Four women told BuzzFeed News that Cawthorn, now a rising Republican star, was aggressive, misogynistic, or predatory toward them. Their allegations include calling them derogatory names in public in front of their peers, including calling one woman “slutty,” asking them inappropriate questions about their sex lives, grabbing their thighs, forcing them to sit in his lap, and kissing and touching them without their consent.

When they had hung out, Diego said, it felt like the frat that his college didn’t have. He said the guys would make vulgar jokes. One day at the start of the spring semester, Diego, then 18, said Cawthorn was driving him and some of their friends back to his house to a party when Cawthorn asked, “Which race of girls gives the best blowjobs?” Cawthorn then interrupted him, Diego said, answering his own question: “White girls are the worst, Black girls are second, Asian girls are the best.” Another PHC student who was in the car confirmed the story.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

GoCubsGo
Admiral

More fun with Maddy.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

More notoriety for Maddie, the Washington Post has a lengthy scathing article.

The more I read, the more ashamed Western North Carolina should be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... rc404=true

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

The over embellished/dramatized story about the car wreck probably earned him a bunch of votes. People eat that stuff up because of their inability to separate television dramas from real life.
In his chapel address, however, Cawthorn told it this way: “He was my brother, my best friend. And he leaves me in a car to die in a fiery tomb. He runs to safety deep in the woods and just leaves me in a burning car as the flames start to lick my legs and curl up and burn my left side. Fortunately, there was several bystanders who come by and they break the window open that they pulled me out to safety and they sat me down. The paramedics arrive and decided that I’m gone and I have no pulse, I have no breath. And I was, I was declared dead on the scene. For whatever reason, may it be adrenaline or divine intervention, I definitely believe it’s the latter, I had a deep inhale of breath."
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

He's not the only politician (or business person) to put an enhanced spin on his resume. I just can't get past the part where people would actually vote for a 25-year old guy with no education and no work experience. For effin' Congress. Most people with those qualifications couldn't get elected to town council in Wassila. Or any other elected office. Every once in a while you'll see an article about some small town that elected a teenager or a dog as mayor, but c'mon - Congress? Would those WNC towns that he did carry want him for their mayor? I doubt it. As comparison, here's the unfortunately named mayor Bob Scott of Franklin, NC, population 3,980.
Mayor Bob Scott served for 10 years on the Franklin Board of Aldermen. A native of Greenville, SC, he has lived in Franklin since 1967. He is a graduate of Western Carolina University, a graduate of the FBI National Academy and is a graduate of Palmetto Military Academy, the South Carolina National Guard's Officer Candidate School. He retired from the Western Carolina University Campus Police Department where he served as executive officer. Bob has been active in civic activities. He has served as president of the Franklin Area Chamber of Commerce and the Franklin Rotary Club. He is a member of the REACH board of Directors and has been an adjunct instructor at the North Carolina Justice Academy and Southwestern Community College. He holds the North Carolina Training and Standards Commission's Advanced Law Enforcement Training Certificate. Before changing careers, he was a long-time newspaper reporter, columnist and photographer. He served in the South Carolina National Guard and the U.S. Army Reserve as a public information and photo officer. Mayor Scott currently serves as a Director of the North Carolina League of Municipalities. Bob and his wife Nancy live in Franklin and have two children. George who lives in Columbia, SC and Joanna who lives in London. They also have two grandchildren. Nancy served on the town board for 11 years

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Just lovely.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I think it's hilarious that Madison makes up all this shit about a car wreck and its consequences for him. Virtually everything he's done since deciding to be a permanent victim has been lying to embellish his former lost potential. The stupid bastard must have never heard of Ted Kennedy's stellar escape from a car wreck. But then again, Madison ain't no Kennedy.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Cool, CNN just ran a nice piece on WNC's favorite son.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:49 pm
Cool, CNN just ran a nice piece on WNC's favorite son.
ABC is paying close and unfavorable attention, too. Mad denies everything despite on-the-record accusations from many students at the Christian college.
1312. ETTD.