Cawthorn

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Cawthorn

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:10 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 12:25 am
O Really wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 12:20 am
Or eating a pizza with a fork.
Deep dish exempted.
I lived in NYC long enough to know the customs, but not long enough to care. But in NYC, eating pizza with a fork is is only a minor faux pas, not a major crime - unless you're some politician coming into town for a photo shoot and there you are, fork in hand, telling New Yorkers you can relate to them.

'Funny that Cawthorn's thread has taken a temporary food tangent. Then I realized it wasn't so much of a tangent if you consider Cawthorn:
Hot Dog
Slimy white stuff
Uncouth manners
Cultural disrespect and misappropriation
yada
Freudian Cawthorn's?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 10:30 am
O Really wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:02 am
"Where's the meat?"
And is that really white slimy stuff on the fries what it looks like? ...
Euro-style, I got used to fries with mayo now and then and still do it. But, I've never seen fries in a bun. :wtf:

Dinner tonight is chili dogs with cheese. Yum.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
I lived in NYC long enough to know the customs, but not long enough to care. But in NYC, eating pizza with a fork is is only a minor faux pas, not a major crime - unless you're some politician coming into town for a photo shoot and there you are, fork in hand, telling New Yorkers you can relate to them.
I fork my pizza if it's very hot or the tip of the slice is a risk for spilling the toppings.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 11:13 am
O Really wrote:
'Funny that Cawthorn's thread has taken a temporary food tangent. Then I realized it wasn't so much of a tangent if you consider Cawthorn:
Hot Dog
Slimy white stuff
Uncouth manners
Cultural disrespect and misappropriation
yada
Freudian Cawthorn's?
I was thinking that associating MadCaw groping with cheesecake is kinda icky. :o
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:17 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:
"Where's the meat?"
Euro-style, I got used to fries with mayo now and then and still do it. But, I've never seen fries in a bun. :wtf:

I worked at a terrible pizza place while starving through college. They let us eat our fill. Their catsup was awful, but the tarter sauce was killer on fries. Every now and then, like pouring peanuts in a coke, I try it again, but find that something has changed; even grape nehi doesn't give me the kick it once did.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 2:17 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:
"Where's the meat?"

I don't get it. Are you saying that you eat the heavily processed, additive filled, extruded meat mush called "hot dogs"?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:15 pm

I don't get it. Are you saying that you eat the heavily processed, additive filled, extruded meat mush called "hot dogs"?
With gusto.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:29 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

With gusto.
Me too.
I meant Vrede. He seemed to admonish me over eating pork when I posted about naming my pig. I've been known to miss jokes and sarcasm occasionally.
Andouille, those little red hots, pork, alligator, crayfish, sprimp, tuna and beef in all forms. But no turkey, no decent sausage is made from a drug and chemical filled turkey.
Last edited by billy.pilgrim on Sat May 07, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sort of. I get mine from the Co-op. I don't always get turkey, but today's are preservative, nitrate, nitrite, gluten, casein, filler and antibiotic free uncured humanely raised turkey dogs. Okay with you?

A little more suspect is the jalapeno hot dog chili sauce, but a can was 50 cents in the clearance bin of a standard grocery. Why not? My usual chili is healthy and good stuff from the Co-op, or I make it from scratch with Co-op ingredients.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:42 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sort of. I get mine from the Co-op. I don't always get turkey, but today's are preservative, nitrate, nitrite, gluten, casein, filler and antibiotic free uncured humanely raised turkey dogs. Okay with you?

A little more suspect is the jalapeno hot dog chili sauce, but a can was 50 cents in the clearance bin of a standard grocery. Why not? My usual chili is also good stuff from the Co-op, or I make it from scratch with Co-op ingredients.
I was gifted a pressure cooker a couple of years ago, makes great chili in less than half the time.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

A little more suspect is the jalapeno hot dog chili sauce, but a can was 50 cents in the clearance bin of a standard grocery. Why not? My usual chili is also good stuff from the Co-op, or I make it from scratch with Co-op ingredients.

Got it. So, no andouille.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Oh, I think I'll stay out of this dog fight.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:46 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I was gifted a pressure cooker a couple of years ago, makes great chili in less than half the time.
How did you cook without a pressure cooker?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:29 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:

With gusto.
Me too.
I meant Vrede. He seemed to admonish me over eating pork when I posted about naming my pig. I've been known to miss jokes and sarcasm occasionally....
I honestly don't remember that at all and I do regularly eat pork. Off the top of my head I think I would have been more likely to admonish you over eating any animal you'd named.

"Yum, we're having Kurt for dinner tonight," is a little Hannibal Lecter-ish. :P Ever try it with fava beans?
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:47 pm
Got it. So, no andouille.
:headscratch: I do eat andouille from the Co-op, along with other locally-sourced craft sausage, but I'm much more likely to cook it into a more elaborate dish than to eat it in a bun.

Edit: Sort of. I'll sometimes make it like a philly cheesesteak, but it and the additions are too big for the Co-op buns, so I use large sliced sourdough.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I sort of think Cawthorn's hot dog license has been suspended. Maybe even revoked. He was a mighty hot dog for a short while but is now more like a shriveled ugly gray semblance of a hot dog in cold water. Let us pray one day ahead of time.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:48 pm

Slowly.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:48 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:46 pm
Vrede too wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

I cook most of the time w/o a pressure cooker. Except for rice, but since I went low carb, not much of that any more. The other exception is bone broth. I use an Instant Pot for both rice and broth.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:58 pm

Edit: Sort of. I'll sometimes make it like a philly cheesesteak, but it and the additions are too big for the Co-op buns, so I use large sliced sourdough.
To put andouille on a sourdough roll and call it like a philly cheesesteak is a desecration of all three. Was that andouille on sourdough wit' or wit'out?
Next you'll be putting boudin on a biscuit and calling it scrapple.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:16 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 3:58 pm

To put andouille on a sourdough roll and call it like a philly cheesesteak is a desecration of all three. Was that andouille on sourdough wit' or wit'out?
As long as it's tasty and doesn't make you sick, who cares what it's called?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
My bad. I thought that sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers and onions were typical for a philly cheesesteak, but I guess they make it a mushroom pepper cheesesteak. The Co-op doesn't sell hoagie rolls, so I make do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak

To be fair, though, I did post "LIKE A philly cheesesteak".

That said, people that consider Cheez Whiz to be acceptable shouldn't be so snooty. :P
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 7:33 pm
O Really wrote:
My bad. I thought that sautéed mushrooms, bell peppers and onions were typical for a philly cheesesteak, but I guess they make it a mushroom pepper cheesesteak. The Co-op doesn't sell hoagie rolls, so I make do.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheesesteak

To be fair, though, I did post "LIKE A philly cheesesteak".

That said, people that consider Cheez Whiz to be acceptable shouldn't be so snooty. :P
Just playing with you - I'm sure your sandwich was delicious.