Cawthorn

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Cawthorn

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:16 pm
There are some indications that his upset was aided by the Xtian right-wingnut faction of the NC GOP.

You're smarter than you think you are, m'friend. Turns out the father is a "financial advisor" for Edward Jones, maybe the partner in charge in Hooterville, so they should be comfortable, if not wealthy. But - he is/was also a deacon at Biltmore Baptist church, with well over 7,000 members, the largest church in the area. Probably got a lot of help there.

"I'm praying y'all will all get out to vote for my poor crippled kid that the lord has asked to do battle with the heathens..."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... There are some indications that his upset was aided by the Xtian right-wingnut faction of the NC GOP.

Madison Cawthorn
You're smarter than you think you are, m'friend.
Not really. ;) :wave:
Turns out the father is a "financial advisor" for Edward Jones, maybe the partner in charge in Hooterville, so they should be comfortable, if not wealthy. But - he is/was also a deacon at Biltmore Baptist church, with well over 7,000 members, the largest church in the area. Probably got a lot of help there.

"I'm praying y'all will all get out to vote for my poor crippled kid that the lord has asked to do battle with the heathens..."
Homskuled Mad picked up 12K votes between the primary and primary runoff. It happens. More shocking is that his runoff opponent, Lynda Bennett, somehow managed to lose 5K votes despite endorsements from:
Executive officials

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States[86]
Jim Jordan, U.S. Representative for Ohio's 4th congressional district and ranking member of the House Oversight Committee[87]
Andy Biggs, U.S. Representative for Arizona's 5th congressional district (2017-present)[87]
Ted Cruz, United States Senator from Texas (2013-present)[87]

Organizations

Susan B. Anthony List
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Unit ... istrict_11

:wtf: Must have been some killer Baptist networking.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

It wuz de russians
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:45 pm
Vrede too wrote:
There are some indications that his upset was aided by the Xtian right-wingnut faction of the NC GOP.

You're smarter than you think you are, m'friend. Turns out the father is a "financial advisor" for Edward Jones, maybe the partner in charge in Hooterville, so they should be comfortable, if not wealthy. But - he is/was also a deacon at Biltmore Baptist church, with well over 7,000 members, the largest church in the area. Probably got a lot of help there.

And let's not neglect to neglect Franklin Graham in this sordid affair. He would not hesitate to support any wiingnut who comes along.....and especially one with a built in sympathy factor and a handsome white face. Franklin can more easily do this with other folks money and he does so with gusto.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

😆

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:54 pm
😆
:lol: Is there no one to tell him how childish and stupid he comes across? I can't wait for The Squad to go after him . . . if they ever think he's consequential enough to bother.

:---P NC represent!
Watch. it'll be him vs AOC in 12 years. She'll win 47 of the states.
I think Madison Cawthorn starts to piss himself right around the 1:02 mark...
His OWN election even.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Featuring our hero amongst others.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Madison appears to be dressed in a Hitler gestapo outfit. The red/brown gloves and big buttons are unlike any other fashion I've seen.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

News people have been ummm "interviewing" Cawthorn. I wondered why for a while and then realized he's the congressional equivalent of the people they always find after a toronado who can be counted on to say "it sounded just like a freight train" or some other toothless illiterate who'll say "well it just ain't constitutional..."

If you're looking for somebody to reliably say something stupid, there he is.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

This guy almost makes me wish I still lived in Hendersonville so I could send him the sort of hate mail I now and again send to Marsha Blackburn.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:45 pm
This guy almost makes me wish I still lived in Hendersonville so I could send him the sort of hate mail I now and again send to Marsha Blackburn.
You can put any address on webform notes, or you can write about what a national embarrassment he is.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So Cawthorn is in his congressional seat getting paid north of $174K with no real duties or responsibilities, and can't be recalled because there's no recall provision. Meanwhile his predecessor and apparent mentor Meadows is out of a job, can't get anybody to hire him and is looking for something to do in the rapidly spiraling Trump organization.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:32 pm
So Cawthorn is in his congressional seat getting paid north of $174K with no real duties or responsibilities, and can't be recalled because there's no recall provision. Meanwhile his predecessor and apparent mentor Meadows is out of a job, can't get anybody to hire him and is looking for something to do in the rapidly spiraling Trump organization.
That's terribly sad and happy news.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
My "special" Rep can get expelled by the House if it finds he incited/abetted the traitors, but it's rare for such a drastic step to be taken. Plus, there's some advantage for the Dems to keep him around as a Repug poster boy.

My heart bleeds for Marky M. :violin:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Cawthorn's not going to get tossed. His lawyer will point out that he's a 25-year old doofus who hadn't even hung his gun pictures in his office yet. Who's going to actually pay attention to anything he says. He couldn't have incited anything if he tried. Kinda hard to argue with that. Of course, Cawthorn is stupid enough to dispute that and haul in some yafool to testify that he was inspired by Cawthorn and personally pissed on Pelosi's purse.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
:lol: I have no doubt Meadows could get a "job" "working" at Franklin Graham's Cove redoubt in Black Mountain or even at the god hell headquarters of the whole enterprise wherever it happens to be. Meadows could be witness to Franklin healing Madison in a stupendous religious extravaganza of fraud and faith where the faithful and gullible swoon and contribute and believe while the faithless sulk in the background. These sort of events historically bring in substantial revenue....tax free.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

https://carolinapublicpress.org/29617/b ... em-for-nc/

Seems to me that someone needs to make some noise about the remote access to the ES&E systems that counted so many races 10 to 20 points differently than the polls.

Maybe mad Madison didn't win

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ok, I'll start....it was all due to bogus voting machines that would switch votes on the direction of Hugo Chavez and Desi Arnaz, both prominent dead Latinos. Ethel and Fred looked the other way while this was going on.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:46 pm
Ok, I'll start....it was all due to bogus voting machines that would switch votes on the direction of Hugo Chavez and Desi Arnaz, both prominent dead Latinos. Ethel and Fred looked the other way while this was going on.
I heard Lucy was complicit and had ties to the voting machine manufacturer.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

bannination wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:40 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:46 pm
I heard Lucy was complicit and had ties to the voting machine manufacturer.
Also complicit were the Babalu Boys.