Goofy Gaetz

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Goofy Gaetz

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:20 pm
Witch Hunt!
:thumbup: :clap:
Yes, yes you are.
... Gaetz then appeared on Tucker Carlson's Fox News program to repeat his denials that the story in the Times was true.

"It is a horrible allegation and it is a lie," Gaetz said. "The New York Times is running a story that I have traveled with a 17-year-old woman and that is verifiably false. People can look at my travel records and see that that is not the case."

Yet Carlson maintained a measure of skepticism about Gaetz's claims that the allegations against him were part of an elaborate extortion plot.

"If you just saw our Matt Gaetz interview... that was one of the weirdest interviews I've ever conducted," Carlson said, adding, "I don't think that clarified much."
You know that you're in deep doo-doo if you're a Trumpette con whose ass even Pucker won't kiss.
The fast-moving developments left more questions than answers about one of the most high-profile Republican politicians in the country. Not lost in the fray is the fact that, in December, Gaetz announced his engagement to 26-year-old Ginger Luckey.
Lucky they're not married yet?
Inquiry into Rep. Matt Gaetz linked to larger investigation into former Florida official, and Gaetz ally, indicted on child sex trafficking charges, report says

... The investigation into Gaetz stems from a broader investigation into former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg, one of Gaetz's political allies in Florida, the sources told The Times.

In August 2020, Greenberg was indicted on fourteen counts, including sex trafficking charges related to a minor between the age of 14 and 17.

According to the Orlando Sentinel, prosecutors allege that Greenberg used his access as an elected official to seek information on women via the Florida Driver and Vehicle Information Database and engage relationships with them.
Ewww.
Greenberg has denied all allegations and charges, and his trial is set for mid-June. Greenberg and Gaetz have been pictured at several political events together, including at the White House during the Trump administration in 2019.

Hey Mad, Greene and Boebert, you newbies, this is how a pro goes down in flames. Pay attention.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

To be fair, I had a 17 year old girlfriend when I was 21 - not a creepy 38. I don't think we crossed state lines before she turned 18, but we broke some other laws :evil: and I doubt that I would have hesitated to go out of state. Then again, maybe the sex trafficking laws have changed in 40+ years and I wasn't in Congress.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:37 pm
To be fair, I had a 17 year old girlfriend when I was 21 - not a creepy 38. I don't think we crossed state lines before she turned 18, but we broke some other laws :evil: and I doubt that I would have hesitated to go out of state. Then again, maybe the sex trafficking laws have changed in 40+ years and I wasn't in Congress.
I think there are some technicalities involved, but certainly the age difference makes a difference. There is a federal law, but states have their own.
The age of consent in Florida is 18. It is illegal for anyone over the age of 24 to have sex with anyone under the age of 18, unless they are married. Probably are exceptions for panhandle counties and sisters or cousins. :lol:

But there is a lot of music about the joy of 17-year-olds. "She was just 17, you know what I mean, and the way she looked was way beyond compare..."
"She's the dancing queen, only 17..." "... the edge of 17..." "Thought it's cold and lonely in the deep dark night,I can see paradise by the dashboard light. Ain't no doubt about it We were doubly blessed. 'Cause we were barely seventeen and we were barely dressed." Not to mention the earlier jail baiting songs of "Sweet Little Sixteen" "You're sixteen, you're beautiful and you're mine..." At least Steely Dan moved it to 19.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Apparently a number of Republican congress critters/staff have expressed glee, albeit privately, about Gaetz's hoped for downfall.

Terms like "showboat", "the meanest person in politics", and "a blight on the conference" have been used by some of his fellow Republicans to describe poor liddle Mattie.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:30 pm
I think there are some technicalities involved, but certainly the age difference makes a difference. There is a federal law, but states have their own.
The age of consent in Florida is 18. It is illegal for anyone over the age of 24 to have sex with anyone under the age of 18, unless they are married. Probably are exceptions for panhandle counties and sisters or cousins. :lol: ...
:) This is getting renewed attention:
Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz was literally the only person to vote against an anti-human trafficking bill

One is the loneliest number — and in this case, that loneliest number is Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fort Walton Beach.

On Dec. 19, Gaetz cast the lone "no" vote on a widely bipartisan human trafficking bill that passed unanimously through the U.S. Senate in September before sailing through the House by a count of 418 to 1....
Ick.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think Matt's been bullshitting us.....his dad didn't get a call wanting 25 million to save Matt's ass; Matt set it up to try and get 25 million from "my father" without daddy knowing about it while all the time trying to keep little miss you make my dick hard enough to cut diamonds. Matt is fucked and diamonds have become butter.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

When will the Gym Jordan shoe drop?

Really looking forward to that one.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:57 pm
When will the Gym Jordan shoe drop?

Really looking forward to that one.
What's up with Jordan?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Goofy Frat Gaetz

Gaetz's communications director resigns as sex scandal grows

... Luke Ball, Gaetz's communications director, tendered his resignation hours after the New York Times released a second bombshell story detailing cash payments that Gaetz, a Florida Republican and close political ally of former President Donald Trump, made to several women, apparently in exchange for sex.
Communications director for Mattie was the world's most difficult job before all of this broke.

"Luke Ball" - parents are Lucy fans that wanted a daughter?
An ongoing Justice Department investigation is looking into whether Gaetz, 38, had sex with a 17-year-old girl and provided her with anything of value in return. Federal child sex trafficking law prohibits providing anything of value to someone under the age of 18 in exchange for sex.

The Times was shown the records of payments made by Gaetz to a woman on two mobile apps, the paper reported Thursday, but the documented sexual encounters at Florida hotels extended to multiple women who, according to the Times, told friends they were paid for their services.

Gaetz associate Joel Greenberg, a former Florida tax collector, was indicted last year for multiple crimes, including sex-trafficking the same 17-year-old girl who may have been involved with Gaetz. He is also involved in the payments allegedly made to the women in exchange for sex....

With scrutiny of Gaetz growing by the moment, CNN reported late Thursday that he had often boasted of his sexual conquests to other members of Congress, sometimes going so far as to show off naked photos and videos while on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives of women he had slept with.

While serving in the Florida Legislature, Gaetz and other male lawmakers were known to have made a game out of their sexual conquests, establishing a scoring system for those who had sex with women they considered targets, including interns and colleagues, the Miami Herald reported.
Ick.
... “I have a suspicion that someone is trying to recategorize my generosity to ex-girlfriends as something more untoward,” he told the Times.

With his future in politics suddenly tenuous, a vanishingly small number of Gaetz's Republican colleagues rushed to his defense this week.

You know that you're dead when only MTG is defending you.
... The Justice Department's investigation of Gaetz began in the summer of 2020, under Trump’s then-Attorney General William Barr.
:lol: What, no preemptive pardon?

Tweet replies to MTG:
https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/13 ... 1345546243
Yeah.

Except looking at and listening to Frat Gaetz, it becomes abundantly clear that these allegations against him are plausible.
"Frat Gaetz", I like it.
Marge, while you’re standing with Matt, please make sure he’s at least 500 feet away from a school zone.
Imagine promoting a crazy conspiracy theory that members of Congress are sex traffickers.....and then immediately defending a member of Congress that actually is one
:---P
We all believe in PizzaGaetz now! You’re a gd prophet.
:laughing-rolling:
https://twitter.com/MTGConspiracy

Tweet at me and I'll tell you The Truth. Powered by @thedailyshow (parody)
:clap:
Qanon Margie talking about conspiracy theories is perfect.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

PizzaGaetz.

I like it! 👍
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I submit this Rory Gallagher song as Matt's new theme. The title is "Walk on Hot Coals"

Well I lost my shirt at a card game in which I never had a chance
Well I lost my shirt at a card game in which I never had a chance
The deck was marked, the game was rigged,
You could not tell at a glance.
Well, Lost my job on the weekend and I was back out on the street
Well, I lost my job on the weekend and I was back out on the streets
No way to get a dollar, but I spent it at the roulette wheel
Well I walk on hot coals, sleep on a bed of nails
Walk on thin ice, skate on razor blades
Got my little girl beside me no matter what else fails.
Well I spent it all down at the race track
All the way my horsre led the field
Well I spent it all down at the race track
All the way my horse led the field
But it was a hoax, the mare was doped,
A length to win she fell down on her knees
Gonna throw away my lucky penny, rabbit's foot and gypsy ring
Gonna throw away my lucky penny, rabbit's foot and gypsy ring
Not gonna gamble on my baby,
On this loosing streak I might not win
Got my little girl beside me no matter what else fails
Got my little girl beside me no matter what else fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSar8nYaBVc
S

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

PizzaGaetz

:thumbup:
"Got my little girl beside me no matter what else fails." :o
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:20 pm
True. Gaetz would never make it with the new yorker crowd down south - even the trumpers would hate southern boy matt.
He's strictly panhandle material.
I thought we had a real contendah with my Mad, but I'm forced to bow in awe of Florida Panhandle Man :-|| . Congrats.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:26 pm
PizzaGaetz.

I like it! 👍
One great thing about platforms like Twitter is that we no longer have to rely exclusively on comics and sassy grandmas for superior mockery.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:26 pm
PizzaGaetz.

I like it! 👍
Not sure where I saw it, but GaetzGate is pretty good too.

An article from the Daily Beast said that after a cleanup, before going home for a recess, he left an empty Costco size carton of some special condoms prominently displayed on top of his full trash can.

It all fits with everything I've ever heard about this entitled little shit, starting with him threatening a cop with his state Senator daddy (which ended with an unlawful non suspension of his driver's license for refusing the breath test and the cop being run out of his job) to this complete disregard for fake ID, sex with minors, trafficking women for sex, showing pictures of his sexual conquests to fellow congress people, and the "more" to come.
Matt is just another punk with the increasingly not so uncommon alfuenza afflicted born rich boy (trump), you can't touch me, above the law attitude.

I also read that daddy has well over 200 million dollars. Makes me wonder if he was born to it, or acquired it as a state senator while "serving the people" as a state politician.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Goofy Frat Gaetz

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 am
... I also read that daddy has well over 200 million dollars. Makes me wonder if he was born to it, or acquired it as a state senator while "serving the people" as a state politician.
Neither, Don Gaetz ripped off taxpayers and the dying before state politics.
Early life and career

Gaetz was born in Rugby, North Dakota, the son of Olive (Knutson) and Jerry Gaetz, a former mayor of the city and a state legislator. Jerry Gaetz was a candidate for Lieutenant Governor of North Dakota at the 1964 North Dakota Republican Party state convention, where he died of a heart attack while his son watched television coverage of the event.

Gaetz attended the Evangelical Lutheran-affiliated Concordia College, graduating with his bachelor's degree in religion and political science, and then Troy State University, receiving his Master of Public Administration in education before moving to the state of Florida in 1978.

Career

Shortly after receiving his Master's degree, Gaetz worked in Jacksonville as a hospital administrator, and lobbied the legislature to create hospice care programs for the dying. In 1983, Gaetz founded VITAS Healthcare Corporation with a group of investors, which he later sold for nearly half a billion dollars in 2004....

Fraud lawsuit

In 2013, the United States Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against VITAS for allegedly committing Medicare fraud since 2002, when Gaetz still worked at the company. Gaetz denied any role in any wrongdoing that occurred. The case was settled in January 2018 with a confidential settlement.

Personal life

Gaetz and his wife, Victoria (née Quertermous) reside in Seaside, Florida, in a house that was used in the film The Truman Show; a sign on their white picket fence says "the Truman house". Gaetz has two children; his son Matt Gaetz currently serves as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, and his daughter, Erin, was director of digital content for Jeb Bush's 2016 presidential campaign.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

PizzaGaetz

PizzaGaetz sits on the House Judiciary Committee that has oversight of the DoJ that's investigating him. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy refuses to suspend or cancel his committee membership.

:roll:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: PizzaGaetz

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:16 pm
PizzaGaetz sits on the House Judiciary Committee that has oversight of the DoJ that's investigating him. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy refuses to suspend or cancel his committee membership.

:roll:
Yeah, that sucks, but to be fair kevin had a talk with him last Wednesday.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Goofy Frat Gaetz

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:40 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 am
... I also read that daddy has well over 200 million dollars. Makes me wonder if he was born to it, or acquired it as a state senator while "serving the people" as a state politician.
Neither, Don Gaetz ripped off taxpayers and the dying before state politics.
Early life and career

Gaetz was born in Rugby, North Dakota, the son of Olive (Knutson) and Jerry Gaetz, a former mayor of the city and a state legislator. Jerry Gaetz was a candidate for Lieutenant Governor of North Dakota at the 1964 North Dakota Republican Party state convention, where he died of a heart attack while his son watched television coverage of the event.

Gaetz attended the Evangelical Lutheran-affiliated Concordia College, graduating with his bachelor's degree in religion and political science, and then Troy State University, receiving his Master of Public Administration in education before moving to the state of Florida in 1978.

Career

Shortly after receiving his Master's degree, Gaetz worked in Jacksonville as a hospital administrator, and lobbied the legislature to create hospice care programs for the dying. In 1983, Gaetz founded VITAS Healthcare Corporation with a group of investors, which he later sold for nearly half a billion dollars in 2004....

Fraud lawsuit

In 2013, the United States Department of Justice filed a lawsuit against VITAS for allegedly committing Medicare fraud since 2002, when Gaetz still worked at the company. Gaetz denied any role in any wrongdoing that occurred. The case was settled in January 2018 with a confidential settlement.

Personal life

Gaetz and his wife, Victoria (née Quertermous) reside in Seaside, Florida, in a house that was used in the film The Truman Show; a sign on their white picket fence says "the Truman house". Gaetz has two children; his son Matt Gaetz currently serves as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, and his daughter, Erin, was director of digital content for Jeb Bush's 2016 presidential campaign.
He's as evil as rick scott.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: PizzaGaetz

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:44 am
:thumbup:
"Got my little girl beside me no matter what else fails."
:lol: Let's not neglect "not gonna gamble on my baby; on this losing streak I might not win. Well, I walk on hot coals....."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Nothing new in the article, but I love the headline:

'A 10ft pole is not long enough': Matt Gaetz isolated in sex-trafficking scandal

Repugs really must hate him for there not to be more of them besides MTG urging caution and patience.
1312. ETTD.