Goofy Gaetz

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Goofy Gaetz

Unread post by Vrede too »

He probably should have gotten his own thread awhile ago.
House Democrat delighted as Matt Gaetz offers to resign seat to defend Trump

... Speaking to former Trump White House chief strategist Steve Bannon on his "War Room Pandemic" podcast, Mr Gaetz said: "If the president called me and wanted me to go defend him on the floor of the Senate, that would be the top priority in my life. I would leave my House seat. I would leave my home. I would do anything I had to do to ensure that the greatest president in my lifetime, one of the greatest president this country has ever had, maybe the greatest president our country has ever had, got a full-throated defence." ...

... Mr Gaetz claimed that the "cancellation of the Trump presidency and the Trump movement" was "one of the biggest threats" to his district, even as Covid-19 has ravaged his home state. According to data from The New York Times, almost 27,000 people in Florida have died from Covid-19.

Twitter users were quick to make fun of Mr Gaetz and his seemingly absolute devotion to the former president.
It's hilarious Matt thinks Trump gives a fuck about this undying love and loyalty. Nobody in his whole history gets it back.
Oh no, anything but that. Please don't do it, @mattgaetz . I will feel so owned if you resign to defend Trump.
find a partner who loves you like matt gaetz loves humiliating himself.
More tweets at the link. Other related tweets:
He was an ineffective attorney before he was ineffective Congressman wanting to be an ineffective attorney again
Don't forget an ineffective drunk driver saved by very effective daddy's money
No he was effective at driving drunk
But he got caught...
I didn’t say he was effective at evading the law
:D
Someone worried about his chances in 2022?
In the Florida district that elected Matt Gaetz? Safe to assume they would elect anyone willing to wear the pointy white hood. Err, I mean, red hat.
Yeah, dammit. /kicks dirt
Ouch, billy.pilgrim.
Butt-Head

This alone would make the impeachment worthwhile.
‘In Wyoming men don’t wear make-up’: Cheney spokesperson hits out at Matt Gaetz amid GOP civil war
Accused of aiming to take her job, Florida congressman tweets that he is ‘not seeking a position in House Leadership’

Defending Wyoming Congresswoman Liz Cheney after attacks from Florida Representative Matt Gaetz, a spokesperson for Ms Cheney said "Gaetz can leave his beauty bag at home. In Wyoming, the men don’t wear makeup.”

The spokesperson was most likely referring to a clip from the HBO documentary The Swamp in which Mr Gaetz puts on makeup before TV interviews at the capitol.

The spokesperson was most likely referring to a clip from the HBO documentary The Swamp in which Mr Gaetz puts on makeup before TV interviews at the capitol.
:---P
The spat comes after Rep Cheney, the House Republican Conference Chair and number 3 in the House Republican leadership, voted to impeach former President Donald Trump along with nine other Republicans and all 222 House Democrats.

Rep Cheney said in a statement: “There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution." ...
:clap:
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: Goofy Gaetz

Unread post by O Really »

Hypothetical - would Gaetz really have to be that crazy to keep his seat? Let's say he is brighter than he seems, and that he's just got a good act that worked for him during the Trump debacle. As an incumbent, if he backed off on the stupid a few degrees wouldn't he still get elected just by wearing the red hat? And if he doesn't have to keep this act going, but does so anyway, is that not indication that he really is dumber than a box of dirt?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Matt follows a long line of the worst. He could wear a dress and get 65% of the vote.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:15 pm
Matt follows a long line of the worst. He could wear a dress and get 65% of the vote.
Nttawwt. ;)

Opps, the pic I posted above disappeared. This is better, anyhow, Reps Matt "Butt-Head" Gaetz & Jim "Beavis" Jordan:

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:19 am
Hypothetical - would Gaetz really have to be that crazy to keep his seat? Let's say he is brighter than he seems, and that he's just got a good act that worked for him during the Trump debacle. As an incumbent, if he backed off on the stupid a few degrees wouldn't he still get elected just by wearing the red hat? And if he doesn't have to keep this act going, but does so anyway, is that not indication that he really is dumber than a box of dirt?
Yes, he is.
Rep. Matt Gaetz Roundly Mocked After His Plot To Ditch Liz Cheney Spectacularly Fails

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) claimed he had the votes. He didn’t.

The Florida congressman was roundly mocked on social media Wednesday after he insisted that he had enough votes to demote Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), the No. 3 Republican in House leadership, because she voted to impeach former President Donald Trump.

... Except that’s not how it unfolded. The vote was held and Cheney easily kept her position in a 145-61 secret-ballot tally.

One of the most pointed replies to Gaetz came from within his own conference as Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) fired back:

Gaetz, a staunch Trump loyalist, has repeatedly attacked Cheney since her vote for impeachment ― even traveling to her state to hold a rally against her.

“We are in a battle for the soul of the Republican Party and I intend to win it,” Gaetz said at the rally last week.

His insistence that he had the votes, followed by Cheney’s easy victory, caused Gaetz’s name to trend on Twitter. But probably not in a way he’d appreciate:

Were the votes counted on Dominion equipment?
To be fair @mattgaetz
has trouble counting above 10 if he doesn’t have a whole bunch of those mini tequila bottles
More tweets at the link. I love see these kinds of headlines at the uber right-wing National Review:

Liz Cheney 1, Matt Gaetz 0

Other related tweets:
Sane republicans looking at @RepKinzinger like

Matt is the biggest DB i have ever seen in my life!!
Matt Gaetz looks like the villain in a Claymation film
unlike a broken clock, Rep. Gaetz is wrong every time of the day
Make the Senate Impeachment Trial a secret ballot.
:thumbup:
It’s Quacus now
It is so hilarious. The GOP has gotten so bad that this is considered a success.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:50 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:15 pm
Nttawwt. ;)

Opps, the pic I posted above disappeared. This is better, anyhow, Reps Matt "Butt-Head" Gaetz & Jim "Beavis" Jordan:

Damn, that's great. Looks like Matt and Jim were caught by surprise after a rousing all night festival of Republican stupidity and cheap liquor. Proud boys....drunk and stupid and proud of it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:01 pm
Damn, that's great. Looks like Matt and Jim were caught by surprise after a rousing all night festival of Republican stupidity and cheap liquor. Proud boys....drunk and stupid and proud of it.
Nah, that's their normal look. ;)
Ben Sasse on Matt Gaetz: 'That guy is not an adult'

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) didn't exactly pull punches in an interview with Politico, going after congressional Republicans, Democrats, former President Donald Trump, and the Biden administration all in one go.

Sasse, who is facing imminent censure from the Nebraska GOP for voting to convict Trump in his second impeachment trial, stands by that vote and says he's not bothered by the action his home state's Republican Party is taking against him, though he did say he thinks it's not "healthy." His comments to Politico seemed to back up that confidence. At one point, when asked about Trump loyalist Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), Sasse simply said "that guy is not an adult," and described Congress, generally, as "a bunch of yokels screaming."

Sasse's candor is gutsy, but it's worth noting he's generally well-respected by his Senate colleagues and won re-election handily last year, so he's ensconced in the upper chamber until 2026, and likely doesn't need to look over his shoulder as of now....
Ouch.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Not sure I'm buying this one.

Asshat is too much of an attention whore.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:53 am

Hey, if it gets Gaetz out of Congress, it would be a very good thing.

We can always change the channel.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:

No predictions here, but if it can be characterized as choosing greed and possibly an even wider audience over public service, I can buy it. Then, IF it looks like the Dems will hold onto the House, why not?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:07 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Then, IF it looks like the Dems will hold onto the House, why not?
That's the key.

Nothing is more of a bummer for congresscritters than being out of power.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:17 pm
Vrede too wrote:
... Then, IF it looks like the Dems will hold onto the House, why not?
That's the key.

It's not like even Floridians will be crazy enough to ever elect him to the Senate.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:42 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
That's the key.

It's not like even Floridians will be crazy enough to ever elect him to the Senate.
Uhhhhhh.....consider their governor and senators. He'd just have to get in line for his turn.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Matt is just angling to be more visible to trump and promote trumpism. The attention whore goes where where the customers are. Or maybe he's getting nervous.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-wyoming- ... 01850.html

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:18 pm
Matt is just angling to be more visible to trump and promote trumpism. The attention whore goes where where the customers are. Or maybe he's getting nervous.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-wyoming- ... 01850.html
True. He's a definite for reelection, but tv would be so much more.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
That's the key.

Why not, we already have a drug dealer and a Medicare fraudster.

But this may be the real reason he might be stepping down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/us/p ... ation.html

"Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida and a close ally of former President Donald J. Trump, is being investigated by the Justice Department over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him, according to three people briefed on the matter.

Investigators are examining whether Mr. Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws"

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:33 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Why not, we already have a drug dealer and a Medicare fraudster.

But this may be the real reason he might be stepping down.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/30/us/p ... ation.html

"Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida and a close ally of former President Donald J. Trump, is being investigated by the Justice Department over whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him, according to three people briefed on the matter.

Investigators are examining whether Mr. Gaetz violated federal sex trafficking laws"
Wow.

I would not argue that your Gov and Sens are less evil than Goofy Gaetz, but imo they aren't as stupid. Am I wrong?

It's like here - Sens Burr and Tillis are probably more damaging than Mad, but there's no way that Mad ever wins statewide.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

True. Gaetz would never make it with the new yorker crowd down south - even the trumpers would hate southern boy matt.
He's strictly panhandle material.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:20 pm
True. Gaetz would never make it with the new yorker crowd down south - even the trumpers would hate southern boy matt.
He's strictly panhandle material.
A love story may be just the thing to bring a crash and burn end to this dumbfuck's demise. He can look back on it and remember how good it was.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Witch Hunt!