Weather

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Weather

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:48 pm
Could be. Sort of a suspension. Of course, I've never understood how depriving a student from learning helps their education. Like the companies that use suspension as a disciplinary action for absenteeism. "OK, Phred, you need to understand your absenteeism is really bad. You've got a job here and we need you to do it. When you're out, you hurt your fellow workers and it's hard to keep up productivity. In fact, we need you here so badly that we're going to send you home for three days..."
Could be that virtual participation without the in-class background would be disruptive to the lesson plan and to the learning of those who followed the rules and kept up.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I wonder hoe big her grin is while she's reading about Texans receiving electric bills in the thousands of dollars. I read about one Texan yesterday who says she got a $600 bill for four days of electric service. This is the face of de regulation of public utilities placed in the hands of private entities. The voters can fix this if they abandon their stupid and stop believing GOP nonsense.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:53 am
I wonder hoe big her grin is while she's reading about Texans receiving electric bills in the thousands of dollars. I read about one Texan yesterday who says she got a $600 bill for four days of electric service. This is the face of de regulation of public utilities placed in the hands of private entities. The voters can fix this if they abandon their stupid and stop believing GOP nonsense.
I saw the articles about the huge bills, but I don't understand how that works. How can you get charged $600 for four days, or$7,000 in one guy's case. Makes no sense, but Texas...

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:04 pm
Beto should have organized a reception
He's been busy.
As Cruz headed to Cancun, Beto O'Rourke made welfare calls to suffering Texans ...

... On Wednesday and Thursday, as Cruz made and then abandoned a trip to Cancun, his former Democratic rival Beto O'Rourke was running a phone-bank effort to contact older Texans.

:-|| If I was a Texan I would be calling out by name every prominent person who supported Teddy over Beto.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:03 am
neoplacebo wrote:
I saw the articles about the huge bills, but I don't understand how that works. How can you get charged $600 for four days, or$7,000 in one guy's case. Makes no sense, but Texas...
From what I understand of it, some utility customers had chosen some sort of "variable rate" billing option.....I guess sort of like a variable rate mortgage in which if the shit hits the fan, so does your mortgage or power bill.

O Really
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 pm
O Really wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
From what I understand of it, some utility customers had chosen some sort of "variable rate" billing option.....I guess sort of like a variable rate mortgage in which if the shit hits the fan, so does your mortgage or power bill.
Yeah, theoretically a plan where if you're running your A/C when it's 100 degrees and everybody else is, then the rate is higher, under the theory that if you know the rate is higher you might be more willing to risk heatstroke for your family and dogs. Understood. But wouldn't there be some top limit? Under what logic can they justify a rate that results in a bill of thousands? I've gotta think that won't hold up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Extreme Cold Killed Texans in Their Bedrooms, Vehicles and Backyards

These Three Siblings (and Granny) Died Tragically in Texas’ Deep Freeze. It Didn’t Have to Be This Way.
He posted them himself, couldn't even find a lackey or reporter to play along. :roll:
First you abandon your constituents, now they are crisis photo opps to you? Do you have any shame at all @tedcruz ?
Climate/water scientist:

"$4 million"!!! :-||

Other tweets:
Does this make him a crisis actor?
If I have to hear him throw his girls under the bus one more time......
At least he had the sense not to wear his “I’d rather be in Cancun” shirt.
It's a meme: #TedFled

United Airlines says it's investigating the leak of Ted Cruz's Cancun flight information

In order to award the leaker a medal and a raise, I hope.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 am
Guess who received more money from oil and gas companies in 2018 than any other senator.

TED CRUZ.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-rec ... 44030.html
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 pm
O Really wrote:
When a federal regulation dodging utility screws up its customers, not its investors, pay for it. Private profit, socialized risk - ain't US "capitalism" grand?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So they're going to have a lot of people with yuge bills, and a lot more that didn't have power for a few days and realize it could have been them with the yuge bills. If these people vote, are they going to forget about this by election day?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:58 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:06 am
Guess who received more money from oil and gas companies in 2018 than any other senator.

TED CRUZ.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-rec ... 44030.html
I really didn't think it possible he could be any more slimy.

I was short sighted.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:15 pm
So they're going to have a lot of people with yuge bills, and a lot more that didn't have power for a few days and realize it could have been them with the yuge bills. If these people vote, are they going to forget about this by election day?
I do think they'll remember all this.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
I say their tendency to vote against their own interests will hold no matter what. Especially in Texas. Hell, they'd rather have Oklahoma bring them electricity in a bucket than change their ways.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:08 pm
O Really wrote:
I say their tendency to vote against their own interests will hold no matter what. Especially in Texas. Hell, they'd rather have Oklahoma bring them electricity in a bucket than change their ways.
Texas has been on the cusp of flipping blue for awhile now. We'll see if this is the final straw. Its electoral votes in 2024 and beyond would pretty much assure Dem wins until the Repugs make major changes.

Book your Mexican Getaway Now!
It really is Ted Cruz' Senate office phone number. And the mailbox is full. Brutally brilliant, Lincoln Project!
:laughing-rolling:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:42 pm
bannination wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 pm
Republicans be trashy, Ted Cruz doubly so.
He's throwing his daughters under the bus. Pig. Texans are wishing that he'd just stayed in Cancun.
New whiny excuse:

Ted Cruz now blames ‘Trump withdrawal’ for Cancun trip criticism
‘They don’t know what to do so they obsess over my taking my girls to the beach,’ said Texas’s under fire senator

:roll: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

That might be true for some, but he's apparently not noticed that real Texas citizens, many of whom are Republicans, are also pissed at him.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Cool, hadn't seen that.