Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

The Florida man thread was beginning to look like a brochure for the kkk.

First up - Kentucky

This is insane and has to be unconstitutional, but that doesn't help those who are victimized during years of court case after court case after appeals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... lice-bill/

Don't speak harshly to the snowflake cop abusing you, or he might really melt and hurt you or even kill you and it would be your fault.
It's still unknown if you will be arrested after you caused your own death, but your friend or girlfriend with you must be an accomplice.

"Kentucky’s Republican-majority Senate on Thursday moved forward a bill that would make it easier to arrest protesters for insulting a police officer, a measure that critics say would stifle free speech.

The bill, passed two days before the anniversary of the fatal police shooting of Breonna Taylor, would make it a misdemeanor to taunt or challenge an officer with words or gestures “that would have a direct tendency to provoke a violent response from the perspective of a reasonable and prudent person.” Conviction would be punishable by up to 90 days in jail and fines of up to $250.
State Sen. Danny Carroll (R), who sponsored the bill, said it would enable officers to arrest someone inflaming them before the encounter turns violent. The provision is meant to apply to comments that are “obviously designed to illicit a response from the officer — something to push them to making a mistake, pushing them to violence,” he said, although courts would have the final say in interpreting the rule.

“You don’t have a right to accost a police officer,” Carroll said.
In addition to criminalizing taunting police, the bill would expand the category of protest behavior considered illegal, heighten sentences for offenses related to “riots” and prevent early release for those violations."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Re: Wingnut Man states that aren't Florida, Alabama, Georgia, or the Carolinas

Unread post by O Really »

I don't think you have to worry about years of court. I'd say it will get a swift hearing somewhere, be declared unconstitutional, and enforcement will be stayed until enough courts have ruled that the idiots give up.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Yep, this won't fly. Besides that, the underlying logic for the laws' "necessity" ("...it would enable officers to arrest someone inflaming them before the encounter turns violent.") is faulty. I venture to say that the vast majority of violent situations cops deal with only occur when they are trying to arrest somebody.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A Kentucky Man-Pig

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:42 pm
... First up - Kentucky

This is insane and has to be unconstitutional, but that doesn't help those who are victimized during years of court case after court case after appeals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... lice-bill/ ...
Kentucky Republican defends controversial bill that outlaws insulting police

... S.B. 211 still has some hurdles ahead. It requires input from the Kentucky House, but that must come before the end of the legislative session on March 30, which seems unlikely. However, Carroll plans to refile the bill next session with improvements....
To: customerservice@paducahsun.com
Subject: Letter to the editor

Kentucky is in the national spotlight, negatively. Constitution-hating state Senator Danny Carroll's bill outlawing the insulting of police is necessarily stating that law enforcement officers are thin-skinned, unprofessional, violent and in need of his patronizing protection. Ironically, this would be a violation of his own bill were it already law. Carroll shames himself, police, the GOP and the state of Kentucky. Don't let him get away with it.

Sincerely,
(Vrede too)
Last edited by Vrede too on Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:thumbup: You bet. However, I feel I would have been more forceful, blunt, and profane with him. That's the way you have to deal with people like that. If you don't, they won't take you seriously. ok

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

A Kentucky Man-Pig

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:42 pm
:thumbup: You bet. However, I feel I would have been more forceful, blunt, and profane with him. That's the way you have to deal with people like that. If you don't, they won't take you seriously. ok
:D Agreed, but the odds are already low for getting an out of state LTE published. I considered CCing Senator Danny Carroll, but didn't since I included my tel # for verification purposes. If you send him a note, tiger, please post a copy here.
Danny.Carroll@lrc.ky.gov
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I think Tennessee may deserve it's own thread of dumfuckery.

"Tennessee Republicans trying to make Bible the official state book
The resolution's sponsor says the Bible is being "discriminated against" because it's a Christian book."

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/03/ten ... tate-book/

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:46 pm
I think Tennessee may deserve it's own thread of dumfuckery.

"Tennessee Republicans trying to make Bible the official state book
The resolution's sponsor says the Bible is being "discriminated against" because it's a Christian book."

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/03/ten ... tate-book/
Yeah, it's beyond tragic. Hell, on every other corner here there's a group of wild eyed leftists burning a stack of Bibles. It's been going on for months. In other places like stores and restaurants, toilet paper has been replaced by pages torn from Bibles. The TN GOP will fix this by god.

O Really
Admiral

Neo - can't you do something to stem this pandemic of dumfuckery? Or at least move to save yourself?

"Tennessee bill would ban books that mention LGBTQ people from public schools
It says that mentioning LGBTQ people "offends a significant portion of students, parents, and Tennessee residents with Christian values."

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/03/ten ... c-schools/

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

O Really wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:08 pm
Neo - can't you do something to stem this pandemic of dumfuckery? Or at least move to save yourself?

It says that mentioning LGBTQ people "offends a significant portion of students, parents, and Tennessee residents with Christian values."

Wait, I thought being offended at stuff made one a sensitive snowflake?
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:

Mentioning Repugs offends a significant portion of students, parents, and Tennessee residents with actual Christian and other religions' values.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:

Hell, I've tried......sent deluges of hate mail to US Senator Marsha Blackburn, former US Representative Phil Roe, and his successor Diana Harshbarger, who, incredibly, is worse than Phil. I don't recall ever sending any of my thoughts or suggestions to any state level official, though. I figure those dumbfucks are way past the point of no return. Besides, I figure most of them can't read.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

San Diego Wingnuts

O Really wrote:

Glass houses. :P
One America News Network Stays True to Trump

... Charles Herring, president of Herring Networks, the company that owns OAN, defended the reports casting doubt on the election. “Based on our investigations, voter irregularities clearly took place in the November 2020 election,” he said. “The real question is to what extent.”

Herring Networks was founded by Herring’s father, tech entrepreneur Robert Herring, who at age 79 runs OAN with Charles and another son, Robert Jr. About 150 employees work for the channel at its headquarters in San Diego....
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: San Diego Wingnuts

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:13 pm
O Really wrote:

Glass houses. :P
One America News Network Stays True to Trump

... Charles Herring, president of Herring Networks, the company that owns OAN, defended the reports casting doubt on the election. “Based on our investigations, voter irregularities clearly took place in the November 2020 election,” he said. “The real question is to what extent.”

Herring Networks was founded by Herring’s father, tech entrepreneur Robert Herring, who at age 79 runs OAN with Charles and another son, Robert Jr. About 150 employees work for the channel at its headquarters in San Diego....
Yes, but... https://www.rawstory.com/oan-news-trump/

'This is insane': Employees at Trump favorite OAN furious network is still pushing election fraud stories

According to a report from the New York Times, more than a few employees at One America News Network (OAN) are unhappy with their employer because the network is still pushing the narrative that Donald Trump is the legitimate president of the United States -- and they just want it to stop.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: San Diego Wingnuts

O Really wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:32 pm
Yes, but... https://www.rawstory.com/oan-news-trump/

'This is insane': Employees at Trump favorite OAN furious network is still pushing election fraud stories

According to a report from the New York Times, more than a few employees at One America News Network (OAN) are unhappy with their employer because the network is still pushing the narrative that Donald Trump is the legitimate president of the United States -- and they just want it to stop.
:D Nice try, but it reminds me of the handful of Repugs that voted to certify the election and/or for impeachment - Great, but where were they the last 4 years? Anyhow:

OAN Producer Fired for Criticizing Accuracy of Network’s Coverage Since Capitol Riot

Stay classy, San Diego. :P
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

California Repug Wingnut Woman

Caitlyn Jenner Announces Run For California Governor

California Repug Governors - Terminator to Transinator?
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: California Repug Wingnut Woman

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:50 pm
Caitlyn Jenner Announces Run For California Governor

California Repug Governors - Terminator to Transinator?
This is great. More trouble for the Republican charade.

O Really
Admiral

Current polls are running strongly against actual removal of Newsom. But in any case Caitlyn is sucking the air out of any other of the 20 or so RepuQ candidates. What are the odds of RepuQ's actually electing a a trans-Kardashian as governor? On the other hand, the past has brought Bedtime for Bozo, the Terminator, Congressman Sonny Cher-less, along with WWF The Body Ventura in Minnesota. Notoriety counts.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:46 pm
Current polls are running strongly against actual removal of Newsom. But in any case Caitlyn is sucking the air out of any other of the 20 or so RepuQ candidates. What are the odds of RepuQ's actually electing a a trans-Kardashian as governor? On the other hand, the past has brought Bedtime for Bozo, the Terminator, Congressman Sonny Cher-less, along with WWF The Body Ventura in Minnesota. Notoriety counts.
I would probably not vote to recall Newsom, but if it happened I would be very tempted to vote for Caitlyn. Odds are that I'd end up voting for a Dem, but Repug Gov Jenner would be a hoot! She would instantly become one of the nation's most powerful Repugs.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:07 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:46 pm
I would probably not vote to recall Newsom, but if it happened I would be very tempted to vote for Caitlyn. Odds are that I'd end up voting for a Dem, but Repug Gov Jenner would be a hoot! She would instantly become one of the nation's most powerful Repugs.
The biggest hammer they tried to hit Newsom with was over the whining about covid restrictions. Those are mostly relaxed in most parts of the state, the economy is pretty much back, everything is scheduled to be open after June 15 (but masks still required), and California has the lowest infection rate in the country. A lot of wind went out of that initial repuQ sail.

The way a recall works is there are two questions on the ballot. (1) should the Governor be recalled, yes/no. If "no" wins, that's it, everybody goes back to work. If "yes" wins, then (2) who should replace him. Top vote getter takes all, no majority required. No Dems are currently (or likely) to run, so if the recall vote goes against him, there will be a repuQ replacement. The only reasonable candidates so far are former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer and ex-U.S. Rep. Doug Ose, who last held office in 2005. Faulconer is less looney that the average repuQ, and was reasonably satisfactory in a Dem city. Neither has much state-wide name recognition.

Only about 25% of registered voters are repuQs, so it's a hard pull for them, even with some covid-whiney dems joining in. Last poll had "yes" losing 40-60.

Consensus seems to be that the repuQs can't win it, but Newsom could lose it by doing something stupid (like going out to a gathering at the French Laundry in the middle of a SIYFH order - where average tab is $350/person not including wine)