Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by Vrede too »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:20 pm
What a sick country we live in.
:angry-banghead: Russia and Ukraine can unite in pitying us.

Robb Elementary is 2nd-4th grades only. So, mostly 8-11 year olds. Someone should have armed them.

Thursday was due to be the last day of school.

UCISD (Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District) is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for students, staff and visitors.

Sigh.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:35 pm
... Here we go again. :cry:

Multiple fatalities, including several children, after 'active shooter' incident at Texas elementary school: Sources
The suspect in the shooting is also dead, according to sources.

Update: 14 children and 1 teacher are dead.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Fyi, Uvalde, TX is 78.46% Hispanic or Latino, and it might be safe to guess that the elementary school proportion is greater. I'll go out on a limb and guess that the 18 year old shooter is Anglo.
My bad :oops: , Salvador Ramos.
https://heavy.com/news/salvador-ramos/

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 4:35 pm
... Here we go again. :cry:

Just heard 18 children and three adults.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:22 pm
Just heard 18 children and three adults.
Yeah, 18 kids. Sandy Hook was 20. I'm seeing some variability on the number of dead adults, most recently back down to 1. Sandy Hook was 6. I'm not hearing a tally for the number of wounded, yet.

212 mass shootings in this year's 144 days. Also 30 school shootings, more than 1 every 5 days, but I'm not sure if that's just mass shootings or not.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Another day, more shootings in America. Usual people will say the usual things and everybody moves on. In other news...

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Whack9 wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 5:20 pm
What a sick country we live in.
I'm just finding out about this.

"Sick country" is right on target. It's like the entire Right has become a fast growing cancer.

Time to split this place up nice and slow at the ballot box. I want out of their shit-hole country.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

The kid shooter (photo above) reminds me of a young Richard Ramirez aka the Night Stalker.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 9:04 pm
Another day, more shootings in America. Usual people will say the usual things and everybody moves on. In other news...
. . . and you post a depressing, though accurate, assessment. :P

GOP Rep. Paul Gosar spread a baseless transphobic rumor that the Uvalde school shooting suspect was a 'transsexual leftist illegal alien'

:wtf: :obscene-birdiered:

:---P
Ted Cruz received $300k from the pro-gun crowd so take your prayers and shove them up your ass. Your acceptance of this blood money tells us how much your prayers are worth.
Patton Oswalt
@pattonoswalt

“I don’t want to go down in history as a monster. I want that title RIGHT NOW.”
.@tedcruz
please — and I mean this sincerely — shut the fuck up

Take your fake thoughts and empty prayers and shove it

You are an NRA shill. There is a river of blood dripping from your hands
What good is any of that when you refuse to use your power to protect the children, men and women of your state?
And fervently cashing those checks from gun rights groups.

And you have called attempts to repeal gun laws ‘ridiculous theatre’ from Democrats. Isn’t the ‘ridiculous theatre’ a tweet like this, which offers prayers as though that is all that can be done to deal with this crisis?
you should open with this when you speak at the NRA rally in Houston later this week you spineless piece of shit
Article and more scathing.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:28 am
The kid shooter (photo above) reminds me of a young Richard Ramirez aka the Night Stalker.
:shock:
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 7:08 pm
... Salvador Ramos.
https://heavy.com/news/salvador-ramos/

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 7:37 am
O Really wrote:

I feel sorry for the families of those killed as well as the injured. It's a tragedy of unimaginable misery. I also feel sorry for the millions of kids who aren't eating enough, and the thousands of people losing their homes to fire, flood, loss of employment. I feel sorry for the homeless people trying to survive on the street with everybody hassling and nobody helping. But there's a better chance of the US getting all its kids fed and homes for all the homeless than there is anybody will doing anything meaninful - hell or probably at all - about gun violence in the US.

So sure, it's sad, but just another day in the good ol' US of A.
(maybe I'll work on a song with that line)

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:49 am
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:

I feel sorry for the families of those killed as well as the injured. It's a tragedy of unimaginable misery. I also feel sorry for the millions of kids who aren't eating enough, and the thousands of people losing their homes to fire, flood, loss of employment. I feel sorry for the homeless people trying to survive on the street with everybody hassling and nobody helping. But there's a better chance of the US getting all its kids fed and homes for all the homeless than there is anybody will doing anything meaninful - hell or probably at all - about gun violence in the US.

Well, the Steve Miller Band had the song "Living in the USA" in 68......two years (I think) after Charles Whitman shot a bunch of people from the campus tower at the University of Texas. But back then this kind of thing wasn't a common occurrence like now. And back then the NRA was more of a gun safety advocate than anything else. We've become strangers in a strange land in just about every way.

O Really
Admiral

We could adapt Skynrd's "Saturday Night Special" to cover AR-15's, high capacity magazines, 9mm semi-autos, mac10's, and all the rest of the military grade implements of war that anybody can buy easier than buying a car.

Two feets they come a creepin
Like a black cat do
And two bodies are layin' naked.
Creeper think he got nothin' to lose.
So he creeps into this house, yeah
And unlocks the door
And as a man's reaching for his trousers
Shoots him full of thirty-eight holes.
Mr. Saturday night special
Got a barrel that's blue and cold
Ain't good for nothin
But put a man six feet in a hole
Big Jim's been drinkin' whiskey
And playin' poker on a losin' night
And pretty soon ol' Jim starts a thinkin
Somebody been cheatin' and lyin'.
So big Jim commence to fightin'
I wouldn't tell you no lie.
Big Jim done pulled his pistol
Shot his friend right between the eyes.
Ain't good for nothin
Hand guns are made for killin'
They ain't no good for nothin' else.
And if you like to drink your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself.
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some ol' fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me.
Ain't good for nothin
It's the saturday night special
And I'd like to tell you what you could do with it too
And that's the end of the song

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

This website captures deleted tweets from people in government

https://projects.propublica.org/politwoops/
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Some people argue that more laws making it more difficult to get guns aren't the answer, as criminals don't follow the laws, so they'll still commit firearm related crimes.

In the last two shooting sprees, both killers obtained their weapons legally. The law was enforced, the guns were obtained within the parameters of the law, but many people were murdered.

Therefore the law failed. Does that not mean we need to fix the law in order to make it more difficult for mass shootings to happen?
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Whack9 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:57 pm
Some people argue that more laws making it more difficult to get guns aren't the answer, as criminals don't follow the laws, so they'll still commit firearm related crimes.

In the last two shooting sprees, both killers obtained their weapons legally. The law was enforced, the guns were obtained within the parameters of the law, but many people were murdered.

Therefore the law failed. Does that not mean we need to fix the law in order to make it more difficult for mass shootings to happen?
I would say yes. But instead several states have recently enacted "laws" (introduced and championed by Republican state legislative lemmings) that allow anyone, and I mean anyone, to buy and carry a concealed weapon with no background check, no safety training, no nothing. Makes perfect sense if you belong to the cult of lies and ignorance.

O Really
Admiral

Whack9 wrote:

Using that logic, one would have to argue that there is no point in having any laws at all since there are always criminals who do not follow them. Why have laws against murder since there are still people who murder? Why have laws against robbery since there are still people who rob?

And sure, even with strict laws, yesterday's shooter may have been able to get his hands on an assault rifle, but he couldn't have done it by walking into a retail gun shop on his 18th birthday. Would anybody argue that it's not way easier to legally buy a gun at the shop than it would be if he had had to steal it? Or get it from some controlled source that screened purchasers?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:49 am
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:

Yup :( . For example:
https://news.yahoo.com/gunman-kills-19- ... 00636.html
... The attack came as the school was counting down to the last days of the school year with a series of themed days. Tuesday was to be “Footloose and Fancy,” with students wearing nice outfits.

Texas, which has some of the most gun-friendly laws in the nation, has been the site of some of the deadliest shootings in the U.S. over the past five years.

In 2018, a gunman killed 10 people at Santa Fe High School in the Houston area. A year before that, a gunman shot more than two dozen people to death during a Sunday service in the small town of Sutherland Springs. In 2019, a gunman at a Walmart in El Paso killed 23 people in a racist attack targeting Hispanics.

The shooting came days before the National Rifle Association annual convention was set to begin in Houston. The governor and both of Texas’ U.S. senators, all of them Republicans, were among the scheduled speakers at a forum Friday.
If Texas RepuQs can't learn, no RepuQs can.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Whack9 wrote:

I have yet to see the name of the shop that sold Ramos the guns and ammo soon after he turned 18. If any of you come across it please share. Same for the manufacturers. I want to send them a neo fish slap.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:28 pm
Whack9 wrote:

I have yet to see the name of the shop that sold Ramos the guns and ammo soon after he turned 18. If any of you come across it please share. Same for the manufacturers. I want to send them a neo fish slap.
I will do the same. I've not searched for gun shops in that small town but I'm sure there is at least one but I don't want to jump the gun so to speak.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:00 pm
Once again, desperate Useless flails about for an old post that he ignored earlier to reply to just so he can post after me in a thread. Childish.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:16 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:52 pm
( :crybaby: )
neoplacebo did answer your question - Remington rifle used at Sandy Hook and their particular ads - and you've earned all insults. Grow up and own it.
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:57 pm
AFAIK, "sea cow" means manatee....
Whooosh, and your citation is adorable.
Still Whooosh.
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:51 pm
(post: :crybaby: )
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
I cannot think of a better example of your runaway egotism.