Mass Shootings

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Mass Shootings

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:45 pm
Sandy Hook families reject Alex Jones settlement offer

Infowars host Alex Jones offered to pay $120,000 per plaintiff to resolve a lawsuit by relatives of Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims who said he defamed them by asserting the massacre never happened, according to court filings Tuesday. The offer was quickly rejected by the families.

A Connecticut judge found Jones liable for damages in November, and a trial is planned to determine how much he should pay the families.

The plaintiffs said they have been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones’ followers because of the hoax conspiracy promoted on his show....

Last week Jones defied a court order to attend a deposition near his home in Austin, Texas, to provide testimony ahead of the trial. Jones said he was ill. A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday on a request by the plaintiffs to sanction Jones for not cooperating.

Lawyers for the families rejected the settlement offer within a few hours, saying in court filings that it was a “transparent and desperate attempt by Alex Jones to escape a public reckoning under oath with his deceitful, profit-driven campaign against the plaintiffs and the memory of their loved ones lost at Sandy Hook.”

Twenty first graders and six educators were killed in the 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. The families of eight of the victims and an FBI agent who responded to the school sued Jones, Infowars and others in Connecticut over the hoax conspiracy. Jones has since said he believes the shooting did occur.

Jones also was found liable for damages in similar lawsuits filed in Texas by relatives of Sandy Hook victims, and also faces trial later this year.
Fully expose him and bleed him dry.
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:49 pm
That's too good for him.
:clap: Agreed, but I just meant this lawsuit.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:00 pm
Once again, desperate Useless flails about for an old post that he ignored earlier to reply to just so he can post after me in a thread. Childish.
That post qualified as #sodumb and was treated as such.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I'd say forfeiture of all revenue from his show from the date of the shootings to present would be appropriate, divided among the victims/survivors.
By at least one estimate, that would be somewhere around $165 million for liquidated damages, then maybe another $165 million in punitive damages. I'd go for total financial ruin, along with 10,000 hours of community service making speeches and podcasts denouncing everything he's said in the past and all who might have had similar opinions. If he decided to shoot himself in lieu of all that, I'd be fine with that, too.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:14 pm
I'd say forfeiture of all revenue from his show from the date of the shootings to present would be appropriate, divided among the victims/survivors.
By at least one estimate, that would be somewhere around $165 million for liquidated damages, then maybe another $165 million in punitive damages. I'd go for total financial ruin, along with 10,000 hours of community service making speeches and podcasts denouncing everything he's said in the past and all who might have had similar opinions. If he decided to shoot himself in lieu of all that, I'd be fine with that, too.
From your lips . . .
Alex Jones found in contempt of court in Sandy Hook lawsuit

A Connecticut judge on Wednesday held conspiracy theorist Alex Jones in contempt and fined him $25,000 a day until he sits for a deposition in a defamation lawsuit filed by relatives of the victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting.

Jones, founder of the right-wing Infowars website who claimed the shooting was a hoax, failed to comply with court orders to appear at a deposition on March 23 and 24, Connecticut Superior Court Judge Barbara Bellis said during an online hearing.

His lawyers had sought to explain his absence by claiming that "Jones was remaining at home under his doctor's supervision when, in fact, he was working at his studios and broadcasting his show," Bellis said, referring to a podcast produced by Jones....
This is before they even get to assessing damages.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

What we know about Frank James, suspect arrested in the Brooklyn subway shooting

What were his parents thinking, and is anyone keeping an eye out for Jesse?
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:06 pm
The truth is that Verdi's post (which I could see since you saw fit to quote it), qualifies as ultra dumb.

Sort of like most of your drivel.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Once again, desperate Useless flails about for an old post that he ignored earlier to reply to just so he can post after me in a thread. Childish.
And again:
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:58 pm
( :crybaby: )

So predictable.
Ulysses wrote:
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:04 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
And again:
Ulysses wrote:

So predictable.
Ulysses wrote:
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
Why is Useless dredging up #sodumb posts from two weeks ago?

The posts certainly haven't magically gained intelligence. Maybe he just continually enjoys abasing and humiliating himself.

Must be a slow night in Useless land.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
And again:
Ulysses wrote:

So predictable.
Ulysses wrote:

The posts certainly haven't magically gained intelligence. Maybe he just continually enjoys abasing and humiliating himself.

Why is GoCucksGo such a dump fuck?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:

So predictable.
Cower, Useless, cower.
GoCubsGo wrote:

Cower, Useless, cower.
Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:34 am
You're a real "dump [sic, irony :lol: ] fuck" if you think GoCubsGo is dumb. Opps, you're abasing and humiliating yourself, again.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:

Why is GoCucksGo such a dump fuck?
Roadrunner Useless has spoken! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
:clap: :clap:

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCucksGo/Cades Cove commuting between LNF and BRD:

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Mayhem In The News

Unread post by Ulysses »

Authorities arrest a 21-year-old suspect in a triple homicide at a Georgia gun range

A 21-year old man has been arrested in connection with an April 8 fatal armed robbery at a Georgia shooting range that left three family members dead.

Jacob Christian Muse of College Park, Ga., was charged with three counts of malice murder in connection with the triple homicide and was booked into the Coweta County Jail Friday, according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI).

Authorities had been searching for a suspect since discovering the bodies of the owner of Lock Stock & Barrel Shooting Range along with his wife and grandson earlier this month in rural Coweta County, Ga., about 50 miles southwest of Atlanta.

Grantville Police identified the victims as Thomas Hawk, 75; his wife, Evelyn, 75; and their grandson, Luke, 17.
image: https://times-herald.com/news/2022/04/b ... y-homicide

Not good.
Last edited by Ulysses on Sat Apr 16, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Mayhem In The News

Unread post by Ulysses »

Multiple people have been injured in a shooting at a mall in Columbia, S.C.
COLUMBIA, S.C. — A shooting at a shopping mall in South Carolina's capital has left multiple people injured, police said.

Columbia police said the shooting occurred Saturday afternoon at Columbiana Centre.

"We have confirmed that people have been injured during the incident — they are receiving medical attention," police tweeted. "The extent of injuries unknown at this time."

Police said they are evacuating the mall and working to assess the scene. They did not immediately release additional details.
Not good.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

We already have a thread for this type of thing.

Interestingly, you were the last one to post in it two days ago.

viewtopic.php?t=4686

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:43 am

Would you like me to merge them?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I vote submerge. Admiral of the Fleet, you know.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:06 pm
We already have a thread for this type of thing.

Interestingly, you were the last one to post in it two days ago.

viewtopic.php?t=4686

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:43 am

Would you like me to merge them?
No thanks.

You and your alter ego Vreetchie already ruined that thread.
Last edited by Ulysses on Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:09 pm
I vote submerge. Admiral of the Fleet, you know.
:D

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Sure, happy to help out.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:00 am
Vrede too wrote:

So predictable.
Cower, Useless, cower.
GoCubsGo wrote:

Cower, Useless, cower.
Ulysses wrote:
You're a real "dump [sic, irony :lol: ] fuck" if you think GoCubsGo is dumb. Opps, you're abasing and humiliating yourself, again.
Cower, Useless, cower.

:lol: Awww, poor Useless lost another desperate, childish 'Look at me!' thread, and no one is paying any attention to his tangent, awww.
1312. ETTD.