Why won't they work for nothing?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Why won't they work for nothing?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

With all these stories and corporate whining about the menial positions available to the unemployed going unfulfilled, what's a poor rich man to do?

Close stores?
Raise prices?
Lower prices?
Cut hours?
Change hours?
A McDonald's in miami paid people to fill out employment applications for the same old low paying jobs.

https://weartv.com/news/local/shortage- ... tart-times

To pull a line out of an old Dan Hicks tune, this obsession with refusing to pay people a living wage has
"Has set my mind to wonderin' is this my happy home"?
because raising wages is some sort of bridge too far.

"ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. -- A bus driver shortage is forcing Escambia County to rethink the start times for some of their schools."

The "shortage is nothing new, adding that it has been happening for the past 4 years.

The union says the school district is competing with other bus services like ECAT and trucking services. However the county is not paying the drivers as much as their competitors.

To compensate for the driver shortage, some elementary schools are going to have to adjust their start times."

Who cares, they are just kids anyway.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Why won't they work for nothing?

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:15 am
With all these stories and corporate whining about the menial positions available to the unemployed going unfulfilled, what's a poor rich man to do? ...
Am I missing the sports connection?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Why won't they work for nothing?

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

No, but I missed the General Discussion.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”