Pillow Talk

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Pillow Talk

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:17 am
This moron has at least one son; I wonder if he's as nutty as his dad or if he's wringing his hands over how his idiot dad is squandering whatever family wealth existed before jumping on the trump train wreck.
Older son Darren is COO of MyPillow since 2019, before the election. Not sure about his politics, but he's presided over the company's rapid demise.

Younger son "Charlie is one of Michael’s four children and has been in the spotlight for his support of his father’s political views and business ventures."

There are also 2 daughters, Lizzy Meyers and Heather Lueth.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Before Trump: Reasonably successful company and an owner with a plausibly inspiring storyline.

After Trump: Bankrupt, ridiculed, canceled company and an owner largely considered a moon-barking drooler and gullible stooge.

Everything that Trump touches dies.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:52 am
Before Trump: Reasonably successful company and an owner with a plausibly inspiring storyline.

After Trump: Bankrupt, ridiculed, canceled company and an owner largely considered a moon-barking drooler and gullible stooge.

Everything that Trump touches dies.
Before trump - I agree, great story with his recovery from addiction appears to be true.
However, he’s always been a con man. From the beginnings My Pillow was nothing more than chipped foam hawked as some sort of doctor tested scientific approved super pillow.
I forgot the amount but he paid a substantial fine for lying about his pillow.

Edit:

Mike Lindell, CEO of My Pillow, once said that "people are tired of phony advertising." But the company found itself being accused of misleading advertising in a civil lawsuit brought earlier this year by several California consumer-protection groups. My Pillow agreed to settle the case this week and pay almost $1 million in civil penalties.

Late-night infomercials and other ads claimed that the company's pillows could cure not only insomnia but also such ailments as sleep apnea, fibromyalgia, and even multiple sclerosis.

Earlier this year, the consumer watchdog Truth in Advertising (TINA.org) warned My Pillow that it would file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission if the unsubstantiated claims continued. My Pillow scrubbed its website of any health claims, but others continued cropping up on its social media sites, TINA.org reports.

TINA.org shared its information with the California consumer groups, and last month the district attorneys of 10 counties filed a lawsuit alleging that My Pillow "knew or reasonably should have known" that the marketing claims were likely to mislead consumers.

The result was a stipulated judgment, meaning the company admitted no wrongdoing, that included $995,000 in civil penalties and a pledge to give $100,000 to homeless and domestic violence shelters in California.

"We decided to pay out rather than pay millions to prove our innocence," Lindell told the Star Tribune in Minnesota, where the company is based.

In addition, My Pillow must stop promoting itself as the "official pillow" of the National Sleep Foundation because it failed to disclose its financial connection with the foundation to consumers.

"Companies making millions from unsupported health claims that are warned by TINA.org to halt their deceptive marketing practices are going to pay a price if they don't comply," said TINA.org Executive Director Bonnie Patton.

The troubles My Pillow has seen this year are enough to keep anyone up nights. In August, New York's attorney general, Eric Schneiderman, announced a $1.1 million settlement that resolved a whistleblower case against My Pillow that alleged that My Pillow knowingly failed to collect and remit sales tax on purchases made by New Yorkers over the phone or internet.

Based on the investigation, the attorney general contended that My Pillow failed to collect and remit $537,000 in New York sales taxes from 2011 to 2015

https://www.consumerreports.org/my-pill ... ettlement/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:19 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:17 am
This moron has at least one son; I wonder if he's as nutty as his dad or if he's wringing his hands over how his idiot dad is squandering whatever family wealth existed before jumping on the trump train wreck.
Older son Darren is COO of MyPillow since 2019, before the election. Not sure about his politics, but he's presided over the company's rapid demise.

Younger son "Charlie is one of Michael’s four children and has been in the spotlight for his support of his father’s political views and business ventures."

There are also 2 daughters, Lizzy Meyers and Heather Lueth.
So, assuming his wife survives him, Mike's pissing away his company's money and reputation will be shared five ways. But I suppose that if you assume all five of them are as goddamn nutty as Mike, none of them truly realize what a disaster trump has been for them. After all, Mike sure as hell doesn't see it.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:14 am
So, assuming his wife survives him, Mike's pissing away his company's money and reputation will be shared five ways. But I suppose that if you assume all five of them are as goddamn nutty as Mike, none of them truly realize what a disaster trump has been for them. After all, Mike sure as hell doesn't see it.
:D :thumbup:

Perhaps it's becoming a little clearer to them.

Federal judge affirms MyPillow's Mike Lindell must pay $5M in election data dispute

Loony Lindell dared anyone to prove him wrong.
Someone did.
Pillow guy has been trying to welsh ever since.
Cowardly, irresponsible, dishonorable asshole - typical MAGAt.

MAYBE Mikey gets some reimbursement if TRE45QN is reelected, but I wouldn't count on it. Otherwise, he's definitely gonna be a SOoL :violin: Idiot.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

I think the comment might have nailed it.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:30 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:14 am
:D :thumbup:

Perhaps it's becoming a little clearer to them.

Federal judge affirms MyPillow's Mike Lindell must pay $5M in election data dispute

Loony Lindell dared anyone to prove him wrong.
Someone did.
Pillow guy has been trying to welsh ever since.
Cowardly, irresponsible, dishonorable asshole - typical MAGAt.

MAYBE Mikey gets some reimbursement if TRE45QN is reelected, but I wouldn't count on it. Otherwise, he's definitely gonna be a SOoL :violin: Idiot.
:lol: Jimmy Kimmel had a clip of mad Mike on his show last night. He was whining that "my book has been banned in every bookstore in the country." The book was written in 2019 so I figure if any bookstores actually have copies of it (on purpose or by mistake) they're probably being used as door stops or stored in soggy damp cardboard boxes in a corner of the basement.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Oh my, the country is a quiver and The Supremes will be waiting on the courthouse steps for him.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:14 pm
Oh my, the country is a quiver and The Supremes will be waiting on the courthouse steps for him.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/stat ... 6162393188
Mike Lindell's and Kari Lake's 'explosive' new evidence of election skullduggery goes pffft

Opps. They sure are whiny idiots. I guess other whiny idiots keep sending them $$$ :roll:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:43 am

Opps. They sure are whiny idiots. I guess other whiny idiots keep sending them $$$ :roll:
When I grow up I wanna be a bad grifter too. Apparently it's not hard.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Pillow Talk (ETTD)

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:19 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:43 am

When I grow up I wanna be a bad grifter too. Apparently it's not hard.
There is a risk of homelessness, though.
Mike Lindell's MyPillow is getting evicted from its Minnesota warehouse after the company failed to cough up over $200,000 in unpaid rent

... Lindell's legal and financial woes have been piling up ever since he became a hardcore advocate for former President Donald Trump's baseless election fraud claims.
ETTD :---P
The decline in sales also appears to have put the brakes on MyPillow's marketing activities. Lindell told the Associated Press in January that his company owes Fox News around $7.8 million in advertising fees.

It's not just a loss of income.

Lindell is fighting billion-dollar defamation lawsuits against the voting technology companies Dominion Voting Systems and Smartmatic.

In October, Lindell's lawyers said they were dropping him as a client after he owed them millions in legal fees. Lindell has since engaged new lawyers to represent him in court, per Star Tribune.
:violin:
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Pillow Talk (ETTD)

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:32 am

ETTD :---P
Between Lindell, Rudy, Roger and trump himself there's a good chance for a dehabilitating stroke or a fatal heart attack.

What happens when ETTD becomes literal? :D