Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Pubs work on plans to outright steal next election.

Unread post by Vrede too »

As usual:

Republican official in Ohio faces charge for voting twice in November election

He blames his dead father and lack of sleep. Sick. He'll largely skate while a black woman in TX goes to jail for years for voting once.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I read a story yesterday about that dipshit Dowless or Hapless or Fuckless or whatever he says he is.....the GOP operator from NC who was busted manipulating mail in ballots a couple of years ago and it resulted in a voided election and new election. He's well and truly fucked. A documented case of voter fraud in an effort to assist the party who hates voter fraud. Hilarious.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:19 pm
I read a story yesterday about that dipshit Dowless or Hapless or Fuckless or whatever he says he is.....the GOP operator from NC who was busted manipulating mail in ballots a couple of years ago and it resulted in a voided election and new election. He's well and truly fucked. A documented case of voter fraud in an effort to assist the party who hates voter fraud. Hilarious.
Thanks.
McCrae Dowless, Figure In N.C. 9th District Ballot Probe, Pleads Guilty To Benefit Fraud

A key figure in a North Carolina investigation into ballot fraud in a 2018 congressional race pleaded guilty on Monday to federal charges he unlawfully accepted Social Security benefits when concealing other money he earned.

Leslie McCrae Dowless Jr., 65, entered the plea before U.S. District Judge Terrence Boyle for theft of government property and Social Security fraud, according to court records. Dowless' trial had been scheduled to begin Monday.

His sentencing is scheduled for Aug. 23, with the charges carrying a combined maximum sentence of 15 years, according to a release from the U.S. Attorney's Office for eastern North Carolina. Dowless still faces state charges involving the 2016 and 2018 elections. Dowless declined to comment after leaving the hearing.

A federal grand jury indicted Dowless last year. A pretrial document filed by the U.S. Attorney’s Office said it had evidence showing Dowless received at least $135,000 in checks for his work on state and federal campaigns during 2017 and 2018. At the time he applied for Social Security retirement benefits in July 2018, he claimed he was not working and had not worked for the past two years, the document said. He had previously applied for Social Security disability benefits and received them for over five years, prosecutors said.

Dowless had been working in 2017 and 2018 in part for 9th Congressional District candidate Mark Harris. Witnesses told state officials Dowless gathered hundreds of absentee ballots from Bladen County voters with the help of his assistants. Those workers testified they were directed to collect blank or incomplete ballots, forge signatures on them and even fill in votes for local candidates.

Harris appeared to get the most votes in the November 2018 race, but the State Board of Elections ordered a new election. Harris did not run in the subsequent race, which was won by his successor as the GOP nominee, Dan Bishop. A district attorney announced last summer that Harris would not face state charges.

Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman said Monday in a phone interview that she anticipated Dowless' criminal case in state court would now move ahead given Monday's federal plea, with a goal of a trial by year's end.
Wiki:
Die in prison, cheatin', thievin' Repug.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 6:45 pm
Ummm, he might want to check with a real lawyer on that - if he knows one.
Democrats sue Texas governor after vetoing lawmaker pay following walkout

Poorly written headline. Gov. Abbott did the vetoing.
... Driving the news: Lawmakers argue in the suit that the veto was unconstitutional, adding that "f given legal effect, Governor Abbott's unconstitutional veto will effectively result in the abolition of the Legislature..."

... What they're saying: "What he’s doing is hurting our staff and hurting our constituents," state Rep. Chris Turner (D) said, per Forbes.

"Abbott’s veto is an abuse of power, an act of legislative coercion and a threat to democracy, the result of which is clear and immediate harm to the people of Texas," state Turner said, according to Spectrum News.

"The Legislature is a co-equal branch of government and the separation of powers is enshrined in our state constitution. The governor doesn’t get to simply cancel another branch of government when he doesn’t get his way," Turner added.

The other side: "This is not the first time, and undoubtedly will not be the last time, that a governor vetoes funding for government positions and salaries," an Abbott spokesperson said, per AP.

Ummm, the Leg is not just any "government position". We'll see. Of course, the judge/s making the decision were elected by Texans or appointed by Repug TX pols. :roll:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Pennsylvania decertifies county's voting machines after 2020 audit

Pennsylvania's top election official has decertified the voting equipment of a rural county that participated in an audit of the 2020 election requested by a Republican state lawmaker and staunch ally of former President Donald Trump.

Acting Secretary of State Veronica Degraffenreid said on Wednesday that Fulton County violated the state election code by giving a third party access to its election databases and other certified equipment in an audit of the 2020 results.

The audit was conducted in December at the request of Republican state Senators Doug Mastriano and Judy Ward, who asked county officials to allow Wake Technology Services Inc to probe the county's results, according to media reports....

"These actions were taken in a manner that was not transparent," Degraffenreid said. "As a result of the access granted to Wake TSI, Fulton County's certified system has been compromised." ...
:lol: :---P I hope you like those "fiscally responsible" RepuQs you keep voting for, Fulton County.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulton_Co ... a#Politics
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Typical Trumpette:
Colorado Woman Allegedly Killed by Trump-Loving Hubby Had an Affair, Cops Testify

... On May 5, 2021, nearly a year after his wife’s disappearance, Morphew was arrested and charged with murder. Days later, he was hit with new charges after he allegedly submitted a mail-in ballot on behalf of his wife for the 2020 election. The ballot for former President Donald Trump was submitted in October 2020—and included the defendant’s signature on the witness line.

“I wanted Trump… to win,” Morphew told FBI agents in April when questioned about submitting his wife’s voting ballot, insisting that she was going to “vote for Trump anyway” and thought he was allowed to vote on behalf of his spouse. “I just thought, give him… another vote. I figured all these other guys are cheating.”
Lock him up.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:18 pm
Typical Trumpette:
Colorado Woman Allegedly Killed by Trump-Loving Hubby Had an Affair, Cops Testify

... On May 5, 2021, nearly a year after his wife’s disappearance, Morphew was arrested and charged with murder. Days later, he was hit with new charges after he allegedly submitted a mail-in ballot on behalf of his wife for the 2020 election. The ballot for former President Donald Trump was submitted in October 2020—and included the defendant’s signature on the witness line.

“I wanted Trump… to win,” Morphew told FBI agents in April when questioned about submitting his wife’s voting ballot, insisting that she was going to “vote for Trump anyway” and thought he was allowed to vote on behalf of his spouse. “I just thought, give him… another vote. I figured all these other guys are cheating.”
Lock him up.
Let's hope that doesn't happen with the Trumps.

Although...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Report on partisan Arizona audit delayed after pro-Trump Cyber Ninjas contract COVID

... Karen Fann, the Republican president of the Arizona state Senate, announced the news on Monday afternoon.

“Today we are receiving a portion of the draft report from the election audit analysis team,” said Fann. “The team expected to have the full draft ready for the Senate today, but unfortunately Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan and two other members of the five-person audit team have tested positive for COVID-19 and are quite sick.” ...
America, you're welcome.
-- God
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Wisconsin Republicans Push to Take Over the State's Elections

:roll: :x We seem to be witnessing the systematic dismantling of free and fair elections. Putin wins.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards

RepuQs have lost all traces of shame over getting caught assaulting democracy and practicing blatant racism.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Shit. I wonder if Diana Harshbarger has arranged to have me purged. I'd sure hate to be bitch purged. The last time I sent her a message I noted that I could never vote for such a prolific liar as her. After that I never got anymore of her propaganda emails. I better check with the board of elections in Blountville to make sure I'm still registered. Bitch purged; neo don't play that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:46 pm
Shit. I wonder if Diana Harshbarger has arranged to have me purged. I'd sure hate to be bitch purged. The last time I sent her a message I noted that I could never vote for such a prolific liar as her. After that I never got anymore of her propaganda emails. I better check with the board of elections in Blountville to make sure I'm still registered. Bitch purged; neo don't play that.
It's eastern TN, she doesn't care whether you vote or not. :P :(
Residents of Trump-Loving Retirement Community Arrested for Allegedly Voting Twice in 2020 Election

Authorities have arrested and charged three residents of a Florida retirement community for allegedly casting more than one ballot in the 2020 election, multiple outlets reported on Tuesday. Joan Halstead, Jay Ketcik, and John Rider all face a third-degree felony charge for their votes, which could land them in prison for up to five years.

It’s unknown which candidate they favored, but Halstead and Ketcik are both registered Republicans, The Orlando Sentinel reported (Rider does not have a register party affiliation). The retirement community where the trio lived, The Villages, is also a well-known MAGA hub, and pro-Trump material has reportedly appeared on Facebook pages appearing to belong to Ketcik, Halstead, and Rider.

Halstead, 71, is accused of casting an in-person ballot in Florida while also voting absentee in New York. Authorities said Ketcik, 63, voted by mail in Florida and then voted absentee in Michigan. Both were arrested earlier this month and released on $2,000 bail after they turned themselves in. Brevard County deputies arrested the third alleged double voter, Rider, 61, at the Royal Caribbean cruise ship terminal in Port Canaveral on Dec. 3. Prosecutors have indicated he also voted once in Florida and once out-of-state, although further details were not immediately available, Orlando CBS affiliate News 6 reported.

“Multiple voting is unlawful,” said Christina Pushaw, press secretary for Governor Ron DeSantis. “It isn’t a crime to be registered to vote in more than one state, as long as you only vote in one.”

Trump hosted an October rally at The Villages ahead of last year’s election. “Thousands” attended, according to the Sentinel. The community has continued to be a hotbed of MAGA activity since the president left office. Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) hosted a rally there in May. The Sentinel called The Villages as a “refuge” for the Trump-loving lawmakers, describing their rally as “raucous.”
:---P :---P :---P Lock them up! I hope the authorities are looking at previous elections and additional charges. I guarantee this was not the first time for any of them.
Last edited by Vrede too on Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Um, did you actually expect a more gracious response?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:48 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
neoplacebo is bragging :-|| , not complaining.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
I will give you this; you consistently fail to comprehend and process what you read. Thanks for playing, though. You could take lessons from Diana. She never refutes my continual calling her out for lying in her statements she sends out. She never responds at all other than to "cancel" me. In other words, she doesn't try to convince me that what she sends out isn't bullshit, and she never disputes any of the facts I confront her with. She doesn't misinterpret anything I've ever sent her. I pride myself on not possibly being misunderstood by her. But you pride yourself on invariably not understanding things.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:35 am
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
I will give you this; you consistently fail to comprehend and process what you read. Thanks for playing, though. You could take lessons from Diana. She never refutes my continual calling her out for lying in her statements she sends out. She never responds at all other than to "cancel" me. In other words, she doesn't try to convince me that what she sends out isn't bullshit, and she never disputes any of the facts I confront her with. She doesn't misinterpret anything I've ever sent her. I pride myself on not possibly being misunderstood by her. But you pride yourself on invariably not understanding things.
Well, that's a classic lesson in the sort of less gracious response one might expect from Neo.

And actually it's a rather insane response, also a Neo specialty.

Still don't have Neo on ignore, like I do Freaky, but it's getting closer.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Hilarious; the people you put on "ignore" get more attention from you than anybody. So don't do me any favors.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:16 pm
Well, that's a classic lesson in the sort of less gracious response one might expect from Neo.

And actually it's a rather insane response, also a Neo specialty.

Still don't have Neo on ignore, like I do (Vrede too), but it's getting closer.
Comprehend much? Get a 4th grader to explain the rationality of it to you.
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:26 pm
Hilarious; the people you put on "ignore" get more attention from you than anybody. So don't do me any favors.
:lol:
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:26 pm
Like I said earlier, I get alerted to posts that quote me from the people I put on ignore, of whom only Freaky seems active, without my having to read a word of what they've posted. Nice!

PS-I wasn't planning on doing you any favors.