DeSantis ain't a long thinker

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

DeSantis ain't a long thinker

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Dumbass was in violation of the 1st amendment when he called for tax retribution against Disney for having an opinion different than his own.

But in his hurry it seems as if Disney gets an unforseen 2 billion dollar cut in their taxes which will have to be picked up by the people (voters) in Orange and Osceola Counties.

To me this sounds like something that could be successfully communicated to national voters with some "this could happen to you" ads.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fl ... statement/
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: DeSantis ain't a long thinker

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Scott Walker presided over this same type of fiasco with the great Foxconn corporate welfare scheme in WI a few years ago. The citizens will be paying for that blunder for generations.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I may be the last one to have seen it, but I just discovered the term "Desantistan", replacing the now-obsolete name "Florida." I like it. Sorry billy.p.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Kind of amazing that this guy who won by the thinnest of margins (33,000 votes of over eight million cast) would be this much of an outright wingnut.

Seems to me that the political calculus wouldn't suggest he's going to court any new voters and the right leaners may be turned off and vote the other way if the opponent is centrist or just stay home.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:58 am
Kind of amazing that this guy who won by the thinnest of margins (33,000 votes of over eight million cast) would be this much of an outright wingnut.

Seems to me that the political calculus wouldn't suggest he's going to court any new voters and the right leaners may be turned off and vote the other way if the opponent is centrist or just stay home.
He barely snuck in past the Black guy, and running on a pretty moderate stance, at least for a Repugnant. Then he ran straight off the rails.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Hmmm. An argument could be made that he's dumber than dirt or dumb like a fox.

I vote dumber than dirt for multiple reasons.

Disney Says Florida Can’t Actually Dissolve Its Special Tax District Unless Debts Are Paid Off
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Not inherently dumber than dirt, but blinded by power and dumbed down for his (Trump's) followers.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 pm
This one could've gone in A Florida Man, Gun Legislation....

DeSantis vows Florida will allow people to carry firearms without permits ‘before I am done as governor’
What has happened to our once lousy politicians to turn them into hateful assholes.

"After the massacre, which left 17 students and staff dead, Republicans and Democrats united to raise the age requirement to purchase a rifle or shotgun to 21 and to enact a so-called red flag law, which allows a court to temporarily remove firearms from someone perceived as a threat. The combined measures were signed into law by then-Gov. Rick Scott, a Republican.
But DeSantis criticized the law as a candidate in 2018, saying he would have vetoed it if it had reached his desk. Calling himself a "big Second Amendment guy," he also backed allowing firearms on college campuses."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:08 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:21 pm
This one could've gone in A Florida Man, Gun Legislation....

DeSantis vows Florida will allow people to carry firearms without permits ‘before I am done as governor’
What has happened to our once lousy politicians to turn them into hateful assholes.

"After the massacre, which left 17 students and staff dead, Republicans and Democrats united to raise the age requirement to purchase a rifle or shotgun to 21 and to enact a so-called red flag law, which allows a court to temporarily remove firearms from someone perceived as a threat. The combined measures were signed into law by then-Gov. Rick Scott, a Republican.
But DeSantis criticized the law as a candidate in 2018, saying he would have vetoed it if it had reached his desk. Calling himself a "big Second Amendment guy," he also backed allowing firearms on college campuses."
GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:58 am

I stand by that post.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Bugs Bunny is a cross dressing bisexual whose main enemy was a conservative from Texas and literally once cut the state of Florida off of the United States with a saw.
The first Disney princess film ever featured a passed out girl who maybe was dead being kissed without consent while unconscious by a dude she’d never met, but okay
I 100% understand why bugs bunny is trending in response to this. But, I mean, Disney had always "injected sexuality" into their messaging.... mostly around the idea that women's whole goal in life was to be "saved" by men... y'all didn't seem to have an issue with that message..
:---P

More.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, the king of Desantistan doesn't think much except how to get rubes to vote for him. But doing away with carry permits has an unintended consequence that a lot of his permit holding citizens aren't going to like. Because the fundamental law for citizens owning firearms is federal - the infamous 2nd Amendment - all firearm laws ought to be federal instead of the patchwork state by state patchwork we have now. But they aren't. So every state has its own rules. Florida's permit is one of the best to have because it's accepted in more states than most any other. And Florida's permit is ridiculously easy to get and comes in resident and non-resident versions. Without the permit, though, Florida gun-toters won't be able to carry their penis extensions in other permit-requiring states without getting a permit from them. So the "freedom" to carry permitless in Florida means you won't be "free" to carry it across the line to Georgia.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

As I recall, I had to get a gun permit just to buy a handgun, here in California.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:19 pm
... Without the permit, though, Florida gun-toters won't be able to carry their penis extensions in other permit-requiring states without getting a permit from them. So the "freedom" to carry permitless in Florida means you won't be "free" to carry it across the line to Georgia.
:lol: Ammosexual RepuQs ain't long thinkers.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:29 pm
O Really wrote:
... Without the permit, though, Florida gun-toters won't be able to carry their penis extensions in other permit-requiring states without getting a permit from them. So the "freedom" to carry permitless in Florida means you won't be "free" to carry it across the line to Georgia.
Thinking all the way to November.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah getting rid of concealed carry permits would appeal to some on the surface, but wait til the reality of travel sinks in for them. What's ironic is that for the typical person, it won't really matter much because they don't actually "carry" their firearm when they travel - or hardly ever actually. Lots of people get a permit because they can, or they think they might need it sometime, or maybe they go hiking in wilderness. The ones like the hard-core gun toter formerly known as nascar who think it's dangerous to go pick up a carton of milk without being armed are the ones who'll get bit by this.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:24 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:29 pm
O Really wrote:
Thinking all the way to November.
That's all it's about for all of them and probably most of the dems.

O Really
Admiral

Here's all the places I could carry with a Florida permit, and most of which would not be legal without one. In my case, I've also got NC and CA permits, that's probably not in the majority. It will be interesting to see if anybody who actually understands interstate firearms law will tell the fool what he's doing.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:28 pm
Here's all the places I could carry with a Florida permit, and most of which would not be legal without one. In my case, I've also got NC and CA permits, that's probably not in the majority. It will be interesting to see if anybody who actually understands interstate firearms law will tell the fool what he's doing.
Did you forget to include a list or link?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:28 pm
Do you really think he cares?