DeSantis ain't a long thinker

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: DeSantis ain't a long thinker

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:55 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:28 pm
Here's all the places I could carry with a Florida permit, and most of which would not be legal without one. In my case, I've also got NC and CA permits, that's probably not in the majority. It will be interesting to see if anybody who actually understands interstate firearms law will tell the fool what he's doing.
Do you really think he cares?
Well not if I told him, of course. But it's a lot of his own cult members that are going to be harmed. Oh wait - they're all accustomed to voting against their own best interest anyway. Nevermind.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

😂
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Oh, and this freedom-killing anti-gun onerous weight of regulation Florida concealed carry licence? Go to one of the many places that offer a CCL course. Spend three hours or so getting spoonfed the answers to the "test" and shooting 50 rounds in the general direction of a target. Give the "instructor" about $100. Fill out the application and get fingerprinted. Give the state $42. Go carry your guns in Florida and 30ish other states.

So if DeSantis gets rid of concealed carry licences, he'll significantly inconvenience those who carry interstate, take away the income from a lot - a lot - of licence "instruction" places and firing ranges, and cost the state a fairly substantial revenue source. Last year there were about 356,000 applications (new and renewals) which would mean over $15mill in revenue to the state and (new apps only) about $11mill lost to private companies. Meanwhile, I'm sure there's nothing more important for him to work on in Florida.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

The other scary aspect is open carry .

Bunch of Wyatt Earp types at the Publix ready to shoot it out for the last pork roast or case of Miller Lite on sale.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:30 pm

Bunch of Wyatt Earp types at the Publix ready to shoot it out for the last pork roast or case of Miller Lite on sale.
Or a mask...
A customer who argued about wearing a face mask at a Georgia supermarket shot and killed a cashier on Monday and wounded a sheriff’s deputy who was providing security at the store, law enforcement officials said.

The gunman was shot by the deputy, and both are expected to survive their injuries, according to law enforcement officials.

A suspect, identified as Victor Lee Tucker Jr., 30, of Palmetto, Ga., was arrested by DeKalb County Police Department officers “as he was attempting to crawl out the front door of the supermarket,” according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

The gunfire occurred just after 1 p.m. inside a Big Bear supermarket about 10 miles east of downtown Atlanta, officials said. That is when Mr. Tucker was checking out of the supermarket and got into an argument with a cashier about his face mask, the bureau said in its statement. Mr. Tucker left the store without purchasing his items but immediately returned.

“Tucker walked directly back to the cashier, pulled out a handgun and shot her,” the bureau said. He then began shooting at the deputy, “who was attempting to intervene,” the bureau said.

The authorities identified the cashier on Tuesday as Laquitta Willis, 41. She was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta and pronounced dead, officials said. Mr. Tucker was taken there, too, and was in stable condition.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:34 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Or a mask...
Well, it is Florida.

Any reasons will suffice.

O Really
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:42 pm
O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Or a mask...
Well, it is Florida.

Lotta reasons to be skeered.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:54 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Or a mask...
... The gunman was shot by the deputy, and both are expected to survive their injuries, according to law enforcement officials.

A suspect, identified as Victor Lee Tucker Jr., 30, of Palmetto, Ga., was arrested by DeKalb County Police Department officers “as he was attempting to crawl out the front door of the supermarket,” according to a statement from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation....
Well, it is Florida.

Everybody with the middle name "Lee" should be banned from owning guns, knives, baseball bats, tire irons, etc, especially in Florida.

He looks friendly and smart.

In looking for his pic I came across a forum topic named "Trumpocalypse: Pandumbic". Cool.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I think he looks like a coiled spring of ignorance just waiting to be set loose. With any luck he'll get a good fish slap to even out that eye problem, too. Dumbass.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 3:54 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
O Really wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Or a mask...
Well, it is Florida.

And a lot of reasons to be angry, most of them not very good ones though.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I like the part about how he was arrested "as he was crawling out the front door of the supermarket." To me, this means that somebody must have given him a fairly good stomping somewhere between the check out lane and the door.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:04 am
I like the part about how he was arrested "as he was crawling out the front door of the supermarket." To me, this means that somebody must have given him a fairly good stomping somewhere between the check out lane and the door.
O Really wrote:
... The gunman was shot by the deputy, and both are expected to survive their injuries, according to law enforcement officials....
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:28 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 6:04 am
O Really wrote:
... The gunman was shot by the deputy, and both are expected to survive their injuries, according to law enforcement officials....
Opps! I must have missed that part about him getting shot. But, hey, when you get out of bed (wearing a tuxedo) and start right in with the drinking and the drugs, there are times that crucial or even petty details escape my immediate grasp.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

This is funny. Goes on a riff about he wasn't there and wouldn't go there but doesn't defend himself.

O Really
Admiral

You wouldn't expect a free-speech killer like DeSantis to support freedom of the press, would you? He's just following the Trump path of demonizing and trying to discredit any opposition press instead of trying to reduce conflict.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:40 pm
You wouldn't expect a free-speech killer like DeSantis to support freedom of the press, would you? He's just following the Trump path of demonizing and trying to discredit any opposition press instead of trying to reduce conflict.
What can one expect?

DeMantis is a Republican with national ambition.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Dumbass was in violation of the 1st amendment when he called for tax retribution against Disney for having an opinion different than his own.

But in his hurry it seems as if Disney gets an unforseen 2 billion dollar cut in their taxes which will have to be picked up by the people (voters) in Orange and Osceola Counties.

To me this sounds like something that could be successfully communicated to national voters with some "this could happen to you" ads.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fl ... statement/
Now we know, billy.pilgrim is John Oliver.

John Oliver claims 'right wing dipsh*t' Ron DeSantis didn’t think through law against Disney

:clap: :-||
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 3:39 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:08 pm

Dumbass was in violation of the 1st amendment when he called for tax retribution against Disney for having an opinion different than his own.

But in his hurry it seems as if Disney gets an unforseen 2 billion dollar cut in their taxes which will have to be picked up by the people (voters) in Orange and Osceola Counties.

To me this sounds like something that could be successfully communicated to national voters with some "this could happen to you" ads.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fl ... statement/
Now we know, billy.pilgrim is John Oliver.

John Oliver claims 'right wing dipsh*t' Ron DeSantis didn’t think through law against Disney

:clap: :-||
That's me.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

If only there was something we could do to get millions more people to look up Trevor Noah's joke's about DeSantis. Oh wait . . .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 12:22 pm
This is funny. Goes on a riff about he wasn't there and wouldn't go there but doesn't defend himself.

DeSantis ain't a long thinker.
1312. ETTD.