Assholes

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Assholes

Unread post by Vrede too »

I can't think of an existing thread for this. Can you?
Sperm Donor With Genetic Condition Doesn't Tell Lesbians He Contacted

A court in the U.K. has named a sperm donor who had offered his services on social media to lesbian women without informing them he had an inheritable condition.

James MacDougall, 37, fathered fifteen children to these women knowing he had fragile-X syndrome, the Daily Mail reports.

The genetic disorder causes developmental delays, learning disabilities, and social and behavior problems, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Children with the condition may also have an intellectual disability.
That's not even the end of his creepiness.
MacDougall’s name and actions were released Monday in family court. He had attempted to have access to four of the children he fathered.

He had previously signed paperwork agree that he did not want to contact some of the children he fathered, according to the Daily Mail....
:obscene-birdiered: Asshole.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Assholes

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Asshole? Karen? What's the difference?
... The owner said she alerted the police that the customer was being unruly. Though she said the police precinct was within a short distance from her business, they never arrived after her call.

“Because I’m a person of color, the system isn’t for me,” the owner said. “It’s for others.”

The Dallas Police Department did not return The Daily Beast’s requests for comment....
Gee, do you think that the pigs know that it's a Black-owned business? Assholes.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:13 pm
Asshole? Karen? What's the difference?
... The owner said she alerted the police that the customer was being unruly. Though she said the police precinct was within a short distance from her business, they never arrived after her call.

“Because I’m a person of color, the system isn’t for me,” the owner said. “It’s for others.”

The Dallas Police Department did not return The Daily Beast’s requests for comment....
Gee, do you think that the pigs know that it's a Black-owned business? Assholes.
They know their streets.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:13 am
Vrede too wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 11:13 pm
... The Dallas Police Department did not return The Daily Beast’s requests for comment....
They know their streets sheets.
Ftfy.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

If anybody needs another reason to hate and avoid Hobby Lobby, here's one. Called cops on a guy who was giving out water to homeless people - in 90 degree heat. Guy had permission to be in Dollar Store parking lot, got accidentally barely onto Hobby Lobby's part of the lot. No warning, no request to move, just called the cops. Unbelievably cruel, but also bad business decision, bad common courtesy.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mount- ... 4TKJA653M/

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:45 pm
If anybody needs another reason to hate and avoid Hobby Lobby, here's one. Called cops on a guy who was giving out water to homeless people - in 90 degree heat. Guy had permission to be in Dollar Store parking lot, got accidentally barely onto Hobby Lobby's part of the lot. No warning, no request to move, just called the cops. Unbelievably cruel, but also bad business decision, bad common courtesy.

Hobby Lobby: Contact Us

Re: Mount Vernon Hobby Lobby trespasses man giving water to homeless in 90-degree heat

Good thing Jesus was only handing out loaves and fishes. If he was giving out water he might have been trespassed by Hobby Lobby.

Please tell the Mt. Vernon, WA store - FU!

I'll avoid all Hobby Lobbys until I hear that Matt Uyeno has been apologized to, he's been reimbursed for any legal costs and a donation has been made to Mt. Vernon homeless services.

Thanks.

(Vrede too)
I did not find e contact details for the store, but there's

102 E. College Way
Mt. Vernon, WA 98273
(360) 336-0130
https://www.hobbylobby.com/stores/searc ... 22.3374542
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:16 pm
O Really wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:45 pm

Hobby Lobby: Contact Us

Re: Mount Vernon Hobby Lobby trespasses man giving water to homeless in 90-degree heat

Good thing Jesus was only handing out loaves and fishes. If he was giving out water he might have been trespassed by Hobby Lobby.

Please tell the Mt. Vernon, WA store - FU!

I'll avoid all Hobby Lobbys until I hear that Matt Uyeno has been apologized to, he's been reimbursed for any legal costs and a donation has been made to Mt. Vernon homeless services.

Thanks.

(Vrede too)
I did not find e contact details for the store, but there's

102 E. College Way
Mt. Vernon, WA 98273
(360) 336-0130
https://www.hobbylobby.com/stores/searc ... 22.3374542
That's piss-poor even for hobbylobby. I almost wish I shopped there so I could quit.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, as I mentioned above, it was not only cruel, but an unbelievably bad business decision. They guy was likely to get at least some recognition for his effort, as TV likes to report stuff like that right after the pics of the cops chasing off homeless people. So TV chick would have been standing there interviewing the water guy and Hobby Lobby's sign would have been in the background - getting associated with something good with no cost/effort on their part. But noooooo!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:06 am
That's piss-poor even for hobbylobby. I almost wish I shopped there so I could quit.
:thumbup: Yeah, I didn't tell them that I've never set foot in a Hobby Lobby and already had no intention of ever doing so. :twisted:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:36 am
Yeah, as I mentioned above, it was not only cruel, but an unbelievably bad business decision. They guy was likely to get at least some recognition for his effort, as TV likes to report stuff like that right after the pics of the cops chasing off homeless people. So TV chick would have been standing there interviewing the water guy and Hobby Lobby's sign would have been in the background - getting associated with something good with no cost/effort on their part. But noooooo!
Hello (Vrede too),

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of this incident in Mt. Vernon, WA.

We are investigating this from here at our corporate office. Once we have obtained all of the facts, we will react accordingly.

Sincerely,
Kathy
Operator
Customer Service
P: 405.745.1100
F: 405.745.7316
E: customer.service@hobbylobby.com
7707 SW 44th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73179
I thought that my "FU" to the Mt Vernon store would negate getting any reply at all.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

So Peloton is having problems, problems that are similar to many other businesses, but maybe exacerbated because they make a totally unnecessary very expensive product. The CEO is announcing staff cuts, store closings, price increases, yada, and sent everybody a memo. I've rarely if ever seen a document with more buzzwords, jargon, and meaningless bullshit than this one. Well written, of course. F'rinstance:
We have a clear strategy to drive the long-term, sustainable future of this company. Job one is generating free cash flow by right-sizing our inventory commitments and converting many of our fixed costs to variable costs because that cost structure better aligns with the seasonal revenue of the business. Second, we are also focused on innovation across our hardware and software to strengthen our Member experience. And, finally, we're focused on growth and expanding the ways consumers can experience the magic of Peloton.
Asshole.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/compani ... li=AAggNb9

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:17 pm
... Asshole.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/compani ... r-AA10BCoX
... Me to you. You to me. You to each other. And all of us to our Members.
Ah-ha, Barry McCarthy is Q. WWG1WGA. Trust the plan.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

O Really wrote:
So Peloton is having problems, problems that are similar to many other businesses, but maybe exacerbated because they make a totally unnecessary very expensive product. The CEO is announcing staff cuts, store closings, price increases, yada, and sent everybody a memo. I've rarely if ever seen a document with more buzzwords, jargon, and meaningless bullshit than this one. Well written, of course. F'rinstance:
We have a clear strategy to drive the long-term, sustainable future of this company. Job one is generating free cash flow by right-sizing our inventory commitments and converting many of our fixed costs to variable costs because that cost structure better aligns with the seasonal revenue of the business. Second, we are also focused on innovation across our hardware and software to strengthen our Member experience. And, finally, we're focused on growth and expanding the ways consumers can experience the magic of Peloton.
Asshole.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/compani ... li=AAggNb9
Hell, I must be running that company by proxy. That letter sounds like the kind of shit I used to post to Useless's investing thread or stock market thread or whatever it was.

O Really
Admiral

Yeah, here's where that language comes from:
https://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:26 pm
O Really wrote:
... Asshole.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm
Hell, I must be running that company by proxy. That letter sounds like the kind of shit I used to post to Useless's investing thread or stock market thread or whatever it was.
Ah-ha, neoplacebo is Barry McCarthy is Q. :o
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:43 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:26 pm
O Really wrote:
... Asshole.
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:38 pm
Ah-ha, neoplacebo is Barry McCarthy is Q. :o
:lol: It is damn close, isn't it? I think I'm gonna get back to work on my death curse on trump for now.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:43 pm
Yeah, here's where that language comes from:
https://www.atrixnet.com/bs-generator.html
First try -
Your Bullshit Buzz Phrase: phosfluorescently negotiate sticky networks
That sounds kinda cool.

Second try -
Your Bullshit Buzz Phrase: interactively integrate goal-oriented best practices
That's more like what I was expecting.
1312. ETTD.