trump Took All Sorts of Documents?

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: trump Took All Sorts of Documents?

Unread post by O Really »

Well that's a good idea. If Trump claimed dementia, in any rational world he would be out of the Presidential race. And he stays out of jail. Maybe winish-winish. But probably he'd rather be a martyr in jail than to admit to any incapaciting weakness.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:06 pm
Well that's a good idea. If Trump claimed dementia, in any rational world he would be out of the Presidential race. And he stays out of jail. Maybe winish-winish. But probably he'd rather be a martyr in jail than to admit to any incapaciting weakness.
Meh, the wingnuts claim Joe is senile. They'd still vote for dementia Don.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I remember when Eagleton quit the McGovern ticket in 72 because it was revealed that he'd been hospitalized three times for depression and that he underwent electroshock therapy. Hell, I might be able to handle trump if he had severe depression.....at least that might make him shut the fuck up. I would rather enjoy seeing trump getting shock therapy, though. I bet his hair would reach two feet over his head once the switch is thrown.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:23 am
I remember when Eagleton quit the McGovern ticket in 72 because it was revealed that he'd been hospitalized three times for depression and that he underwent electroshock therapy. Hell, I might be able to handle trump if he had severe depression.....at least that might make him shut the fuck up. I would rather enjoy seeing trump getting shock therapy, though. I bet his hair would reach two feet over his head once the switch is thrown.
:D Pay-per-view and they would raise enough money to cover the nation's mental health needs for a year.
Last edited by Vrede too on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:34 am
neoplacebo wrote:
:D Pay-per-view and they would raise enough money to cover the nation's mental health needs for a year.
Make it a weekly event and eventually pay off the national debt. 8-)
The other day I was thinking tha if this country went back to the tax code in effect in 1960 the national debt would begin rapidly decreasing. Back then, the marginal rates were in the 90% range. Damn I'd love to see the one percenters howl about it. Back then, $10K was a respectable yearly income.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:40 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
The other day I was thinking that if this country went back to the tax code in effect in 1960 the national debt would begin rapidly decreasing. Back then, the marginal rates were in the 90% range. Damn I'd love to see the one percenters howl about it. Back then, $10K was a respectable yearly income.
:thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:46 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:40 am
Vrede too wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
The other day I was thinking that if this country went back to the tax code in effect in 1960 the national debt would begin rapidly decreasing. Back then, the marginal rates were in the 90% range. Damn I'd love to see the one percenters howl about it. Back then, $10K was a respectable yearly income.
:thumbup:
Even the discounted 70s rate worked. Of course rates were dropped then because more taxes weren't needed, unlike the 80s, the aughts, and the late teens when rates for the rich were dropped to get votes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:26 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:42 pm
Jack Smith is no hero

Hm, made me look. Then came the subtitle:

The special prosecutor is a professional doing his job — and that is exactly why Trump fears him

:D :thumbup: :clap:
The fact that he is well qualified and competent and plying his trade in the public sector when he could be taking in far more in the private sector gives him a little hero status.
:thumbup: :-|| GoJackGo!

Mar-a-Lago property manager Carlos De Oliveira pleads not guilty to new charges in documents probe

"UPDATED with NEW MATERIAL" - Neverending process?
1312. ETTD.