Elon Muskiedoodle

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Elon Muskiedoodle

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:47 am
Payroll and Tax Departments bailed....

Prediction: Knowing that Payroll is gone will lead to another wave of resignations.

One time my bosses began a shift with a meeting to let us know that things would get sorted out and we would get paid. I hadn't known that it was in doubt and the reassurance was needed. I quit right then and it was months before I and I assume others got our remaining pay.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Department of Labor is fairly sympathetic to natural/tech issues that cause pay to be incorrect. Corrections can be made. But failure to pay at all tends to get less than zero sympathy. And it wouldn't end with backpay and fines. It's not usually applicable, but willful violations can result in company decision makers' individual liability.

The proper way to handle this mess would be to pay everybody whatever they got in the last payroll and find corrections to be made later if/when the Payroll Department is back. For a couple of thousand people, it's not as hard as it might seem. A large number of employees would be exempt salaried, whose pay doesn't generally vary. Another large group would probably work a fairly consistent schedule (even if that schedule is 60 hours) so paying them the same as last pay period wouldn't be all that far off. There may be some people that terminated since the last payroll and they'd get paid extra; however many if not most of those would be getting severance anyway so it can be resolved in audit. But IMNVHO, there's no way Musk is going to make any effort at anything other than more tantrums and ultimatums. Twitter's going down.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:08 pm
Twitter's going down.
Priorities.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

He's reinstated trump's account. Get ready for some whining.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:53 am
I have an account so I can follow a few people. My feed is now littered with "suggestions" like mtg and boebert. Every time I go on I have to block more of them.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Actually it makes for an interesting Catch-22 for cheetohead. Looks like they've reinstated his 83 million followers too.

Start tweeting and abandon his own platform and possibly open himself up for a lawsuit from his own Board of Directors (wonder if he signed something to say he wouldn't future tweet to raise $$).

Or pass on a huge potential audience, a bigger platform. Something his ego and "campaign " desperately need.

Guessing he's gonna simultaneously tweet and truth. His ego won't allow anything else.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:29 am
neoplacebo wrote:
I have an account so I can follow a few people. My feed is now littered with "suggestions" like mtg and boebert. Every time I go on I have to block more of them.
Just RWers? Is that what Twitter is selling now? Let us know how quickly Dolt .45 is recommended.

Musk restores Trump's Twitter account after online poll

LOL.
No employees.
No advertisers.
No income.
No sane leadership.
But Twitter has Former PINO.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:09 am

Just RWers? Is that what Twitter is selling now? Let us know how quickly Dolt .45 is recommended.

That's what's jumped out at least.

It's presented as a suggestion, (someone I'm following)"The Lincoln Project follows Marjorie Taylor Greene", then her tweet.

Never was like that before and it's pissing me off.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:07 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Actually it makes for an interesting Catch-22 for cheetohead. Looks like they've reinstated his 83 million followers too.

Start tweeting and abandon his own platform and possibly open himself up for a lawsuit from his own Board of Directors (wonder if he signed something to say he wouldn't future tweet to raise $$).

Or pass on a huge potential audience, a bigger platform. Something his ego and "campaign " desperately need.

Guessing he's gonna simultaneously tweet and truth. His ego won't allow anything else.
Yeah, I heard about that. Some kind of agreement with that company that initially capitalized his Truth Social bullshit. Supposedly he's not allowed to put out statements anywhere else but on Truth Social. But I've also heard that this restriction is easily negated if he just provides something like a six hour lag between his Truth and his Tweet. No idea if any of that is accurate. But it sounds trumpy. I am still a Twitter virgin myself and figure to remain one.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:24 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:07 am
neoplacebo wrote:

Yeah, I heard about that. Some kind of agreement with that company that initially capitalized his Truth Social bullshit. Supposedly he's not allowed to put out statements anywhere else but on Truth Social. But I've also heard that this restriction is easily negated if he just provides something like a six hour lag between his Truth and his Tweet. No idea if any of that is accurate. But it sounds trumpy. I am still a Twitter virgin myself and figure to remain one.
No tweets here either
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Let's keep up the good work.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Still can't see a logical endgame to whatever Elon thinks he's doing. If his goal is to get more advertisers to make Twitter profitable I don't think this is a winner. Mike Pillow only has so much money.

Then again, the key word here may be logical.

Elon Musk's Twitter reinstates Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene

O Really
Admiral

When somebody like Musk acts in a obviously irrational manner, it's still tempting to wonder if maybe he is a "stable genius" who has creative ideas nobody else in the world would try and the nerve and money to try it and all of a sudden Twitter or whatever will be enormously successful. Well I don't know anything about running a platform, but I've seen a lot of successful companies and a lot of companies that screwed their own pups, and there is nothing - nothing - about what he's doing that would seem to lead to success. Reminds me in a way of back when I was a grunt for ITT (when there was an ITT) and President/CEO Harold Geneen had some Musk tendencies. He was totally focused on earnings, cared nothing for people, and was a general asshole. But - and note of course that there is no ITT anymore - what he did was to buy up a company, strip it down to the basics, suck out the earnings and then dump it. But as far as I know he never changed much about the way his acquisitions ran. He only bought successful operations and he imposed ITT financial systems onto the acquisition but otherwise let it go. Musk on the other hand brings up the question - if he were to set off with the intention of wrecking Twitter, what would he do different?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Kind of like Michael Douglas in Wall Street. 😀

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steel.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:43 am
... Musk on the other hand brings up the question - if he were to set off with the intention of wrecking Twitter, what would he do different?
-0-?

50 of Twitter's top 100 advertisers have pulled out of the platform since Elon Musk took over, report says
The other 50 will be boycotted for enabling treason and hate speech.
Huh. I'd like to see a comparison of what Twitter was actually worth before Musk overpaid for it, and what it's worth now.
Without advertising revenue, it doesn't matter what Musky does to cut expenses or what he does to attract more subscribers, it will fail. Ad revenue accounts for 91% of Twitter's total revenue, he'll get the hint and sell it within 18 months, for a fraction of what he paid.
The other 50% must be Russian and Chinese firms.
(Vrede too) wrote:Hey, America still produces some fine RW cretins and (donkey)holes.
billy.pilgrim's neighbor posted:
zeke wrote:In 90 days the only users of twitter will be MAGA lovers....all people I know, both sides of the political spectrum, have stopped using it...they have no interest in supporting Musk given they see no difference between Musk and Twitter...even the guy next door who owns a Tesla is quitting twitter...and he used to respect musk
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:56 am
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:24 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:40 pm
Fuck elon

I'm considering selling my car, stock is already sold.
I hate to sell the car, but ... fuck elon
You sure?
He mostly makes money from sales and that's a done deal.
He'll make a little money from parts and upgrades, but that's true no matter who the owner is.
You seem happy with your Tesla. Am I right?
Have you considered just slapping a "Fuck Elon" bumper sticker on and leaving it at that?
Yeah, love the car, but increasingly hate the man.
A bumper sticker about his politics would probably serve better.
Did you?
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:55 am
O Really wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:43 am
... Musk on the other hand brings up the question - if he were to set off with the intention of wrecking Twitter, what would he do different?
-0-?

50 of Twitter's top 100 advertisers have pulled out of the platform since Elon Musk took over, report says
The other 50 will be boycotted for enabling treason and hate speech.
Huh. I'd like to see a comparison of what Twitter was actually worth before Musk overpaid for it, and what it's worth now.
Without advertising revenue, it doesn't matter what Musky does to cut expenses or what he does to attract more subscribers, it will fail. Ad revenue accounts for 91% of Twitter's total revenue, he'll get the hint and sell it within 18 months, for a fraction of what he paid.
The other 50% must be Russian and Chinese firms.
(Vrede too) wrote:Hey, America still produces some fine RW cretins and (donkey)holes.
billy.pilgrim's neighbor posted:
zeke wrote:In 90 days the only users of twitter will be MAGA lovers....all people I know, both sides of the political spectrum, have stopped using it...they have no interest in supporting Musk given they see no difference between Musk and Twitter...even the guy next door who owns a Tesla is quitting twitter...and he used to respect musk
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:24 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:40 pm
Fuck elon

I'm considering selling my car, stock is already sold.
I hate to sell the car, but ... fuck elon
You sure?
He mostly makes money from sales and that's a done deal.
He'll make a little money from parts and upgrades, but that's true no matter who the owner is.
You seem happy with your Tesla. Am I right?
Have you considered just slapping a "Fuck Elon" bumper sticker on and leaving it at that?
Did you?
No. I'm slightly concerned about a problem we're having with a small collision repair and the Tesla place is on our side against the moron at the collision center who fucked up one of the $700 tires.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

$700 tires? What do you get for your $700?
For comparison, that's about the price for a Michelin motorcoach tire. Or you can get Pirelli's for your Maserati for about half that.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:40 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:55 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Did you?
No. I'm slightly concerned about a problem we're having with a small collision repair and the Tesla place is on our side against the moron at the collision center who fucked up one of the $700 tires.
Are you saying that an anti-Elon bumper sticker might bias the repairs? I've wondered about that with my bumper stickers, but never perceived any mechanic hostility.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

I think in the severely divided society we have that a bumper sticker might definitely bias repairs. Possibly not enough to do actual damage and risk getting caught, but enough to have an effect. Maybe even more so for a polarizing figure like Musk. And particularly in a situation where one's choices of repair places are limited. If you brought your jacked up truck with your Trump/Slaver flags flying into my shop, I'd work on it, but certainly without enthusiasm or willingness to do more than minimum necessary. And then I'd charge you a higher rate for something.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Stephen King Says MyPillow Will “Pretty Soon” Be Twitter’s “Only Advertiser Left” & Elon Musk Reacts
My Pillow sales have peaked. There are only so many far right nut jobs in the world to purchase them.
Hilarious that you can troll the owner of a $44 billion company and his ego demands he reply. This clown is turning into baby trump who is failing to realize his goal of converting twitter into a cult like maga.
Elon just kept desperately trolling Stephen King and was met with complete silence. CLASSIC.
Musk got had. Weak responses.
"Is it a great pillow?" -- Yes, my understanding is they've killed fewer people than Tesla cars.
:o :lol:
1312. ETTD.