Sleazy Santos

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Sleazy Santos

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:45 pm
Unscientific The Hill poll:
Following the recent ejection of Rep. George Santos (R-NY) from the House, do you think Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ) should or should not be expelled from the Senate as he faces a criminal investigation of his own?

Probably should be 22%, including me
Definitely should be 54%
Probably should not be 4%
Definitely should not be 4%
Other / No opinion 15%

Based on 163 responses
:shock: That's decisive.
Didn't he basically beat these charges once already?
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:40 pm
Didn't he basically beat these charges once already?
Not "these charges". The 2015 indictment was for being bribed by Florida ophthalmologist Salomon Melgen. There was a hung jury and then the Justice Department dropped all charges against Menendez in the wake of a 2016 Supreme Court decision which "narrowed the legal definition of public corruption".

The 2023 indictment is for being bribed by Egypt and others. Idk why DoJ thinks that this will be a stronger public corruption case than they had in 2015/2016. This question and others are why I chose "Probably should be" expelled from the Senate rather than "Definitely should be".
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:03 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:02 pm
Yeah, they finally got him.

You are correct that there is no "criminal conviction" standard in the Constitution, law or congressional rules. However, it has been the de facto standard for more than 230 years of very shady pols. Only 2 convicts and 3 CSA fighters have been removed before today. For better or worse there will now be future expulsion efforts. Rep Ilhan Omar?
Yes, but the reason only 5 have been formally expelled is that most of them caught/accused of serious issues resigned. Weiner the weiner, for example, resigned after being caught waving a pick of his weiner well before he actually pled guilty for other weiner waving. I'd guess there have been quite a few over the years who have resigned in order to make whatever trouble they were in go away.

As for Omar, et. al., sure they'll try, but 2/3 is a high bar and would tend to weed out trivial claims unless one party had the super-majority.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:25 pm

As for Omar, et. al., sure they'll try, but 2/3 is a high bar and would tend to weed out trivial claims unless one party had the super-majority.
That's assuming Republicans can count. :D
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:25 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:03 pm
O Really wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:02 pm
Yeah, they finally got him.

You are correct that there is no "criminal conviction" standard in the Constitution, law or congressional rules. However, it has been the de facto standard for more than 230 years of very shady pols. Only 2 convicts and 3 CSA fighters have been removed before today. For better or worse there will now be future expulsion efforts. Rep Ilhan Omar?

Yes, but the reason only 5 have been formally expelled is that most of them caught/accused of serious issues resigned. Weiner the weiner, for example, resigned after being caught waving a pic of his weiner well before he actually plead guilty for other weiner waving. I'd guess there have been quite a few over the years who have resigned in order to make whatever trouble they were in go away.

I'm just saying that there has been a standard, not saying that it should be adhered to in the face of outrageous actions. Why not dump assholes like Bozobert, EmptyG, Goofy Gaetz and Corrupt Menendez?

Agreed 2/3 is a high bar, but I predict that more attempts will now be made, nttawwt.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I'm hoping that a Democrat takes Santos' place.
And I think Bob needs to go. He should resign and go into seclusion with his Amazon type wife. At least the NJ governor can name his replacement.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:58 am
NY3 has been a Dem district since the 2012 election, and the vote for the RepuQ pretending to be George Santos was a surprise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York% ... on_results

I think it's a pretty safe bet that a Dem will win the special election and the 2024 general. In fact, the GQP really ought to be too ashamed to put anyone up, but they have no shame.
And I think Bob needs to go. He should resign and go into seclusion with his Amazon type wife. At least the NJ governor can name his replacement.
:D

She's strong from lifting all of those gold bars.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:05 pm

I'm just saying that there has been a standard, not saying that it should be adhered to in the face of outrageous actions. Why not dump assholes like Bozobert, EmptyG, Goofy Gaetz and Corrupt Menendez?

If simple assholery was a disqualifying offence, Congress could convene in a conference room at the Holiday Inn. Santos was way past anything those have done - or for that matter, past anything your former ummm "representative" did.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:10 pm
If simple assholery was a disqualifying offence, Congress could convene in a conference room at the Holiday Inn. Santos was way past anything those have done - or for that matter, past anything your former ummm "representative" did.
Ah, MadCaw the FLORIDIAN ;)

Agreed, sort of, I just think that the threshold has shifted, and I'm fine with that. Fwiw, I think that EmptyG's support for insurrectionists on J6 and since, her cozying up to white supremacists and her violent threats are arguably worse than Sleazy Santos, but that's just my opinion. She is the modern equivalent of the CSA slaver/traitors. Expel her!
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:19 pm
O Really wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:10 pm

Agreed, sort of, I just think that the threshold has shifted, and I'm fine with that. Fwiw, I think that EmptyG's support for insurrectionists on J6 and since, her cozying up to white supremacists and her violent threats are arguably worse than Sleazy Santos, but that's just my opinion. She is the modern equivalent of the CSA slaver/traitors. Expel her!
Your last sentence is well over the top, but everything else is perfect.

I haven’t followed the santos story, but I have MYG’s. She’s as fucked up of a racist as there’s ever been
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wouldn’t “Sneezy” have been better than Sleazy?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:23 am
neoplacebo wrote:
NY3 has been a Dem district since the 2012 election, and the vote for the RepuQ pretending to be George Santos was a surprise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York% ... on_results

I think it's a pretty safe bet that a Dem will win the special election and the 2024 general. In fact, the GQP really ought to be too ashamed to put anyone up, but they have no shame.

:lol: I bet she beats hell out of Bob at least twice a week. And the chain on that purse is probably 24k gold.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:49 am
Vrede too wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:23 am
neoplacebo wrote:

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/s ... jpg?w=1024

:lol: I bet she beats hell out of Bob at least twice a week. And the chain on that purse is probably 24k gold.
:D It detaches to do double-duty as Bob's choke collar.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:50 pm
Vrede too wrote:

I haven’t followed the santos story, but I have MTG’s. She’s as fucked up of a racist as there’s ever been
"Expel her!" is "well over the top"? Why?

Anyhow, because America:
A George Santos movie in the works to trace "Gatsby-esque journey” of a man who "waged war on truth"
The fabulous fabulist will have his story told by one of the executive producers of "Succession" and "Veep"

... Per Variety, HBO Films has picked up the rights to “The Fabulist: The Lying, Hustling, Grifting, Stealing, and Very American Legend of George Santos,” a book by writer and reporter Mark Chiusano that was published on Nov. 28....
-0-? The book and movie might be entertaining, depressing or both. SNL's Bowen Yang does an excellent Sleazy Santos impression, but there might be contractual issues between NBC and HBO.

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:29 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:50 pm
Vrede too wrote:

I haven’t followed the santos story, but I have MTG’s. She’s as fucked up of a racist as there’s ever been
"Expel her!" is "well over the top"? Why?

Anyhow, because America:
A George Santos movie in the works to trace "Gatsby-esque journey” of a man who "waged war on truth"
The fabulous fabulist will have his story told by one of the executive producers of "Succession" and "Veep"

... Per Variety, HBO Films has picked up the rights to “The Fabulist: The Lying, Hustling, Grifting, Stealing, and Very American Legend of George Santos,” a book by writer and reporter Mark Chiusano that was published on Nov. 28....
-0-? The book and movie might be entertaining, depressing or both. SNL's Bowen Yang does an excellent Sleazy Santos impression, but there might be contractual issues between NBC and HBO.

Excuse me, I meant the next to last sentence.
People being filthy disgusting trash are simply filthy disgusting trash.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:47 pm
Excuse me, I meant the next to last sentence.
People being filthy disgusting trash are simply filthy disgusting trash.
I'll bite. If EmptyG is "as fucked up of a racist as there’s ever been" (your words) and she's guilty of J6 treason (my opinion), how is she not "the modern equivalent of the CSA slaver/traitors"?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

IMNVHO being a racist isn't equivalent to owning slaves, and the J6 event isn't equivalent to secession.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I see calling people what they are is more damning than speculating about what they might have been.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:19 am
IMNVHO being a racist isn't equivalent to owning slaves, and the J6 event isn't equivalent to secession.
Semantics, I guess. "Modern" was the modifier all along. I never said that she is the same or that she's racked up the same body count . . . so far.
"as there’s ever been" includes the time of our tragedy of slavery, and "as fucked up of a racist" would thus be its MODERN equivalent.
With TRE45QN still campaigning I would argue that J6 is not ended yet and that the establishment of national fascism is still possible. Until something worse comes along I think MODERN equivalent of secession is a fair comparison.
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:43 am
I see calling people what they are is more damning than speculating about what they might have been.
I didn't do that. I posted in this Sleazy Santos discussion because historically only 2 things merited congressional expulsion, criminal conviction and fighting for the CSA. EmptyG has not been convicted, but IMO she is a racist seditionist spewing violent threats. Expel her!
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

John Fetterman Pays George Santos To Burn Bob Menendez In Most Fitting Way
The Pennsylvania Democrat taunted his indicted colleague with some (paid) help from the newly-expelled congressman from New York.

Sen. John Fetterman (D-Pa.) recruited former Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.) to rip Sen. Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) on Monday.

Fetterman paid Santos to film a message for “Bobby from Jersey” on Cameo. Santos has turned to selling personalized videos on the platform following his expulsion last week from Congress after an ethics report accused him of using campaign cash to pay for Botox, content on OnlyFans and more.

“Hey Bobby,” began Santos, who charges circa $200 for a message....

4:24 PM · Dec 4, 2023, 5.7M Views
2,728 Reposts, 1,432 Quotes, 18.1K Likes, 1,198 Bookmarks
Fetterman, writing on X, formerly Twitter, said he “thought my ethically-challenged colleague @BobMenendezNJ could use some encouragement given his substantial legal problems.”

“So, I approached a seasoned expert on the matter to give ‘Bobby from Jersey’ some advice,” he added.

Fetterman has repeatedly called for Menendez to leave Congress after the New Jersey lawmaker was indicted in September on bribery charges....

George Santos
@MrSantosNY

I love this! I wish I knew the Bobby in question! LOL 😂
Fetterman's post - 5.7M Views in 16 hours! :-||

:D Maybe we could hire Santos to create a message for BRD, "Happy Hanukkah" to LNF from Jew-ish George, or something.
1312. ETTD.