Trump on Trial

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump on Trial

Unread post by Vrede too »

Trump attorneys trolled after they subpoena wrong Jeremy Rosenberg for hush money trial: ‘I’m keeping the $15’

Donald Trump’s lawyers have been trolled by a random man in Brooklyn after they subpoenaed him by mistake for the former president’s hush money trial.

In a filing from the Manhattan District Attorney’s office on Tuesday, prosecutors revealed that Mr Trump’s attorney Todd Blanche had tried to subpoena former District Attorney Supervising Rackets Investigator Jeremy Rosenberg in March, to seek files related to the Republican presidential candidate’s former lawyer Michael Cohen.
:lol: Todd is emulating HabbaDabbaDoo.
However, it transpired that Mr Blanche made an embarrassing mistake – sending the subpoena to a man from Brooklyn also called Jeremy Rosenberg.

While the man shares the same name as the former DA’s office investigator, he has zero connection to the criminal case against the former president.

Following the blunder, Mr Rosenberg decided to have a bit of fun with Mr Trump’s attorneys – and told them he’d be keeping the money they sent him.

“I don’t have any files for you,” the apparently bemused Brooklynite wrote back, according to a filing from the former president’s legal team.

He added: “PS - The phone number you provided was disconnected.

“PPS - I’m keeping the fifteen dollars,” he added, referencing the money Mr Trump’s lawyers had sent him to help pay for sending the documents.
:---P

Leave it to a Dolt .45 lawyer to dig the hole deeper:
Mr Blanche had complained earlier this week that the man that he believed the former investigator Mr Rosenberg had displayed a “flippant and dismissive approach” to his subpoena “despite ample experience with the criminal justice system that should have instilled in him respect for this process and a criminal defendant’s rights”.
:cry: :violin:

Delicate balance between glee and professionalism:
But in fact, Mr Trump’s lawyers had simply served court papers on the wrong man, prosecutor Matthew Colangelo wrote.

“The people believe the defendant has served the incorrect person,” Mr Colangelo said in a court filing.

“The people spoke with Mr. Rosenberg’s counsel, who informed the People that Mr. Rosenberg was not, in fact, served with the subpoena, that Mr. Rosenberg had not corresponded with defense counsel, and that Mr. Rosenberg does not have any connection to the Brooklyn address where the subpoena purportedly was served,” he added....
:roll: Another day in Trumpworld. The sheer consistency of incompetence over the years is astounding, and we're probably fortunate for it.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

:laughing-rolling:

Tens of millions of dollars in legal fees don't go as far as they used to.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:36 am
The idea of him sitting there gagged is a great visual.

These articles depress me when nothing happens to him:

Trump tests limits of gag order with post insulting 2 likely witnesses in criminal trial
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:47 pm

Trump tests limits of gag order with post insulting 2 likely witnesses in criminal trial
Got a feeling the judge is going to have some unkind words for him on Monday.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:50 pm
Vrede too wrote:

About as meaningful as "your mother was a hamster and I fart in your general direction." If you commit another felony violation I will taunt you again.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

EDIT: O Really beat me to it. Great minds . . .
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:50 pm
Vrede too wrote:

unkind words = nothing, IMO :(
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:37 pm
:laughing-rolling:

Tens of millions of dollars in legal fees don't go as far as they used to.
:lol: :thumbup:

Another ex-PINO lawyer bites the dust:

Trump attorney who became a crucial witness against him has departed legal team
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I've been reading that trump's lowered 175 million dollar bond is actually a BINO or bond in name only because not only does it not assert that the surety that issued it will pay it, it asserts that trump himself will pay it. When I first heard that, I thought "what the fuck...it really takes some balls to post a fraudulent bond in a finncial fraud case." But then I remembered it was trump. I hope his fucking plane crashes on the way to court Monday.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:00 pm
I've been reading that trump's lowered 175 million dollar bond is actually a BINO or bond in name only because not only does it not assert that the surety that issued it will pay it, it asserts that trump himself will pay it. When I first heard that, I thought "what the fuck...it really takes some balls to post a fraudulent bond in a finncial fraud case." But then I remembered it was trump. I hope his fucking plane crashes on the way to court Monday.
And the bond issuer is based out of the Cayman Islands.

Rotsa ruck collecting there.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:26 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:00 pm
And the bond issuer is based out of the Cayman Islands.

Rotsa ruck collecting there.
The so-called bond is not in a stateside escrow account? That is weird. What's the point?
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:23 pm

The so-called bond is not in a stateside escrow account? That is weird. What's the point?
I don't know the mechanics, but it seems like a huge effup.

"Problematic": Trump's $175 million bond could be "very difficult" to collect due to Cayman ties

Also..
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-bo ... p_catchall

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:07 pm
Vrede too wrote:

"Problematic": Trump's $175 million bond could be "very difficult" to collect due to Cayman ties

Also..
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-bo ... 24447.html
Thanks. Even this is a grift, figures.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:00 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:07 pm
Vrede too wrote:

Also..
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-bo ... 24447.html
Everything about this juvenile asshole is a scam or just big bore bullshit. It's his lifelong practice. A life of bullshit, glittr, and more bullshit.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Speaking of bullshit, whatever happened to Mark Meadows? Not heard anything about him since his book publisher told him they want their money back because he told lies in his book. With any luck, he's lost his sense of balance and also can no longer speak, making him a tottering mute stumblebum.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:24 am
Speaking of bullshit, whatever happened to Mark Meadows? Not heard anything about him since his book publisher told him they want their money back because he told lies in his book. With any luck, he's lost his sense of balance and also can no longer speak, making him a tottering mute stumblebum.
Witness protection program.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:50 am
neoplacebo wrote:
:D Sickophant Trumpette Cult deprogramming and rehab. It will be awhile.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:19 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:00 pm
Everything about this juvenile asshole is a scam or just big bore bullshit. It's his lifelong practice. A life of bullshit, glittr, and more bullshit.
Yep, even the pretense of being macho. Lifelong cowardly "bone spurs" former Chickenhawk in Chief:

On eve of hush money trial, big, bold Donald Trump shows he's nothing but a giant chicken

:violin: :---P

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/0 ... -protester
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:16 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:50 am
neoplacebo wrote:
:D Sickophant Trumpette Cult deprogramming and rehab. It will be awhile.
Shit, it sounds terrible. But I don't think Mark will make it through successfully. He's too far up trump's ass to crawl out now. His only hope is if trump wins. Or maybe even if trump loses Mark can slither away amid the certasin chaos trump will incite should he lose. I keep hoping that surely to god there's not enough Americans stupid enough to vote for that clown. But then when I consider the shit I read over on LNF I begin to have doubts.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

He's going apeshit on twooth.

Sitting in the courtroom for six weeks listening to Stormy et al in silence may just break him.

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:50 am
He's going apeshit on twooth.

Sitting in the courtroom for six weeks listening to Stormy et al in silence may just break him.

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Might I suggest he exercise some restraint?