Gun Legislation

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
GoCubsGo
Admiral

Re: Gun Legislation

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:15 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:08 pm
Holy shit.

It's bring your guns to school day
Fake news?

What group of kids would keep this secret?
What school would tolerate this?
Which kids would go on camera and risk getting IDed?
Never say never, but it looks pretty real to me.

We really don't know what goes on in deep inner city schools, there's a lot of crazy.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:00 pm

We really don't know what goes on in deep inner city schools, there's a lot of crazy.
Fwiw:
Nothing on Snopes.
When I google I only get links to reddit. No one else has noticed?
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:52 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Fwiw:
Nothing on Snopes.
IDK, Whack9 may know better than me but I think Redditors usually pick out the fake stuff pretty quickly.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:27 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:52 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Fwiw:
Nothing on Snopes.
IDK, Whack9 may know better than me but I think Redditors usually pick out the fake stuff pretty quickly.
DeSantis wants to make it so. From GCG's post in the long Thinker thread

"Calling himself a "big Second Amendment guy," he also backed allowing firearms on college campuses."'
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uvalde-texas ... 35742.html
... “F*** you [Ted Cruz] you care about a fetus but you will let our children get slaughtered,” wrote Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., an Iraq War veteran, who then referred to Cruz’s Mexican vacation last year when much of Texas was without power. “Just get your ass to Cancun. You are useless.
Ah-ha!
To ensure no confusion about his position, 17 minutes after that message Gallego added, “Just to be clear f*** you [Ted Cruz] you f****** baby killer.”
:---P :clap:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Stupefying Tally of American Gun Violence

... Each event evokes some atrocity from the past, the exact details of each shooting growing more indistinct by the year: The latest death toll of 21 at Robb Elementary School in Texas surpasses the shooting in Parkland, Florida, in 2018, when 17 people were killed. It falls short of the deadliest school shooting — when 26 people were killed in 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.

These are the mathematics of American gun massacres.

All three school shootings — Newtown, Parkland and now Uvalde — have eclipsed Columbine in 1999, when such events still had the power to shock the nation.

The reasons for the violence are familiar and incontrovertible. The United States has many more guns than citizens, about 400 million firearms, according to a 2018 survey conducted by the nonpartisan Small Arms Survey, and 331 million people.

For more than a decade now, semi-automatic handguns, purchased for personal protection, outsell rifles, which have been typically used in hunting.

And the coronavirus pandemic stirred an even greater gun-buying craze. Annual domestic gun production increased from 3.9 million in 2000 to 11.3 million in 2020, according to a report released this month by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. A vast majority of those firearms stayed in the United States.

The toll of the violence, especially on children, has only grown. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that the rate of gun deaths of children 14 and younger rose by roughly 50% from the end of 2019 to the end of 2020.

Last year, more than 1,500 children and teenagers younger than 18 were killed in homicides and accidental shootings, compared with about 1,380 in 2020, according to the Gun Violence Archive, a database tracking gun deaths....

In the meantime states such as Texas have forged ahead with some of the least-restrictive gun laws in the United States, priding itself as a state with responsible gun owners — more than 1 million — even with its recent history of mass shootings.

Gov. Greg Abbott signed a wide-ranging law in 2021 that ended the requirement for Texans to obtain a license to carry handguns, allowing virtually anyone over the age of 21 to carry one. The landmark law made the state one of the largest to adopt a “constitutional carry” law that basically eliminates most restrictions on the ability to carry handguns.

Abbott described it as “the strongest Second Amendment legislation in Texas history.”

Mass shootings have become so common in the United States that only a small fraction rise to attract widespread attention beyond the communities directly affected. On the same weekend as the Buffalo killings, more than a dozen people were wounded by gunfire in downtown Milwaukee, near the arena where an NBA playoff game ended hours earlier, authorities said.

Two weeks earlier, the owner and two employees of the Broadway Inn Express motel in Biloxi, Mississippi, were fatally shot, and another person was also shot dead during a carjacking.

Less than four weeks before that, a barrage of gunfire in Sacramento, California, killed six people and wounded 12 in a shooting that authorities said involved at least five gunmen.

On Monday, the FBI released data showing a rapidly escalating pattern of public shootings in the United States.

The FBI identified 61 “active shooter” attacks in 2021 that killed 103 people and injured 130 others. That was the highest annual total since 2017, when 143 people were killed, and hundreds more were wounded, numbers inflated by the sniper attack on the Las Vegas Strip.

The 2021 total represented a 52% increase from the tally of such shootings in 2020, and a 97% increase from 2017, according to the FBI’s Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2021 report....
:shock: :cry:
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm
https://www.yahoo.com/news/uvalde-texas ... 35742.html
... “F*** you [Ted Cruz] you care about a fetus but you will let our children get slaughtered,” wrote Rep. Ruben Gallego, D-Ariz., an Iraq War veteran, who then referred to Cruz’s Mexican vacation last year when much of Texas was without power. “Just get your ass to Cancun. You are useless.
Ah-ha!
To ensure no confusion about his position, 17 minutes after that message Gallego added, “Just to be clear f*** you [Ted Cruz] you f****** baby killer.”
:---P :clap:
I think this white supremacist ex felon looks like Ted Cruz with a shave and some tattoos. Two total dumbasses for the books.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-senten ... 25070.html

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Wished Ted would be the next victim.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:42 am

I watched all the republicans on the news this morning. It's never time to make sense.
Rubio responded about the shooting, "well, what about china?"

Whaaat?
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:51 am
GoCubsGo wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:42 am
I watched all the republicans on the news this morning. It's never time to make sense.
Rubio responded about the shooting, "well, what about china?"

Whaaat?
That one's easy. China, along with the rest of the world, does not have mass school shootings, Little Marco. We should be like China.

TV news: Guns have surpassed car crashes as the leading cause of child deaths in 2022. :angry-banghead:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:o :---P :-|| Some applauded! Ammosexuals are idiots.

Article.
Wow, the sparse crowd looks very homogeneous.
Sadly Sarcasm isn't as easily grasped as an AR-15
Tweet of the day right here.
The emphasis on the word AND did it for me…

“When people say Wayne LaPierre hasn’t done enough—-that’s not true…Wayne LaPierre gave thoughts AND prayers”
I loved the part where he asked them to think.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

As Biden begs for gun control action, here are the measures Congress is working on, from raising the semiautomatic rifle purchase age to 21, to banning bump stocks

I only clicked on this article because the teaser photo interested me:

Chris Shelton, 36, oversees his son Luke Shelton, 7, as he steadies an AR-15 rifle at the National Rifle Association annual convention on May 28, 2022 in Houston, Texas.

:roll: :puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Are AR-15’s weapons of war? Here’s what a former Fort Benning commander had to say

... “It is a very deadly weapon with the same basic functionality that our troops use to kill the enemy,” Eaton wrote.

Eaton broke down the differences between the M16, M4 and AR-15 in the thread of seven tweets. He said those opposed to assault weapon bans were playing with semantics, when they claimed any meaningful difference existed between military weapons and AR-15 rifles.

The tweets came on the heels of one of the country’s deadliest weeks in recent history. In the days since the Uvalde, Texas shooting, 20 mass shootings have claimed the lives of 17 people and injured 88 others, according to Gun Violence Archive. The researchers defined a mass shooting as any shooting with four or more victims shot, either injured or killed.
In other words, "Fuck off, ammosexuals."
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:52 am
Are AR-15’s weapons of war? Here’s what a former Fort Benning commander had to say

... “It is a very deadly weapon with the same basic functionality that our troops use to kill the enemy,” Eaton wrote.

Eaton broke down the differences between the M16, M4 and AR-15 in the thread of seven tweets. He said those opposed to assault weapon bans were playing with semantics, when they claimed any meaningful difference existed between military weapons and AR-15 rifles.

The tweets came on the heels of one of the country’s deadliest weeks in recent history. In the days since the Uvalde, Texas shooting, 20 mass shootings have claimed the lives of 17 people and injured 88 others, according to Gun Violence Archive. The researchers defined a mass shooting as any shooting with four or more victims shot, either injured or killed.
In other words, "Fuck off, ammosexuals."
I started a troll thread on LNF with this tweet figuring what the ammosexuals responses would be.

I was not disappointed.

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... eapons-war

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:49 am
I started a troll thread on LNF with this tweet figuring what the ammosexuals responses would be.

I was not disappointed.

https://libertynewsforum.boards.net/thr ... eapons-war
:lol: :thumbup: Great minds . . .
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Who said?
“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons,”

Within a few weeks" (of seeing black people with guns) "Oakland’s Don Mulford (R), with bipartisan support, introduced into the California Assembly a law (AB-1591) to ban people in California from carrying loaded weapons in public.
It was enthusiastically signed into law by Governor Reagan on July 28th, fewer than three months after Seale’s proclamation at the Capitol."

https://hartmannreport.com/p/gun-contro ... dium=email

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:31 am
Who said?
“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons,”

Within a few weeks" (of seeing black people with guns) "Oakland’s Don Mulford (R), with bipartisan support, introduced into the California Assembly a law (AB-1591) to ban people in California from carrying loaded weapons in public.
It was enthusiastically signed into law by Governor Reagan on July 28th, fewer than three months after Seale’s proclamation at the Capitol."

https://hartmannreport.com/p/gun-contro ... dium=email
:lol: Yeah, I remember seeing photos of Panthers standing outside free clinics and other community service places with shotguns and sunglasses. That's when whitey started taking notice. Now that they have to deal with deranged rednecks and blatant psychos they don't know what to do about it. Meanwhile they embrace it from a distance they think isn't noticed.