The LEO thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: The LEO thread

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:02 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 3:41 pm
Ah, that whole thing is bad. Makes me want to stomp something. But there may be a lot of grocery money coming to the secret grocery smuggler.
Endless surf and turf for him, ramen for M-NCPPC Police Officer Mel Proctor.

I forgot to mention the twin .50 cals that O Really has mounted in the grill and the rear ball turret that Lady O operates. Nobody messes with the right to bear RVs.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

LEOs being LEOs:
California police officer masturbated inside family home during response call, DA says

... He then touched himself in front of two female family members and exposed himself to the mother, authorities said. The victims fled and reported the incident to two male relatives nearby. One also witnessed Dominguez allegedly exposing himself in the dining area of the home....

The arrests came amid a series of controversies that have engulfed the San Jose Police Department in recent weeks.

Another officer has been placed on leave after an allegation he traded a meth pipe with a woman in exchange for information....

On Friday, an off-duty officer was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol before a two-car collision, The Mercury News reported.

Also last week, the Santa Clara County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that San Jose Officer De'Jon Packer died from a fentanyl overdose. He was found dead in his Milpitas home on March 13, according to the newspaper.

Another officer is being investigated for allegedly being under the influence of alcohol while on duty and working a case in which a 3-month-old baby was abducted....
:wtf: If you want to party in San Jose ask a cop.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Crazy insane one from South Carolina.

https://youtu.be/zbrQ4Uoho-E

Husband dies, wife has severe dementia and their home is ransacked. It's all on video, but nothing is done.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:15 am
LEOs being LEOs:
California police officer masturbated inside family home during response call, DA says

... He then touched himself in front of two female family members and exposed himself to the mother, authorities said. The victims fled and reported the incident to two male relatives nearby. One also witnessed Dominguez allegedly exposing himself in the dining area of the home....

The arrests came amid a series of controversies that have engulfed the San Jose Police Department in recent weeks.

Another officer has been placed on leave after an allegation he traded a meth pipe with a woman in exchange for information....

On Friday, an off-duty officer was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol before a two-car collision, The Mercury News reported.

Also last week, the Santa Clara County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed that San Jose Officer De'Jon Packer died from a fentanyl overdose. He was found dead in his Milpitas home on March 13, according to the newspaper.

Another officer is being investigated for allegedly being under the influence of alcohol while on duty and working a case in which a 3-month-old baby was abducted....
:wtf: If you want to party in San Jose ask a cop.
Fair use?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:53 am
Crazy insane one from South Carolina.

https://youtu.be/zbrQ4Uoho-E

Husband dies, wife has severe dementia and their home is ransacked. It's all on video, but nothing is done.
That's :bs: . Bad cops and prosecutors, bad.

Either Guetschow is a sleazy, cowardly liar (most likely) or the Kenosha PD is retaining a cop that has a history of violent blackouts.
:obscene-birdiered:
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Killing of Breonna Taylor was just the tip of the iceberg with a horrible, corrupt, out of control PD. Streaming now:
VICE NEWS TONIGHT / S6 EP27
Wednesday, May 18, 2022

(44:08)

VICE News investigates multiple sexual assault allegations against the Louisville Metro Police Department.
VICE NEWS TONIGHT / S6 EP28
Thursday, May 19, 2022

(44:38)

VICE News investigates more allegations of abuse of power in the Louisville Metro Police Department.
:puke-left: :puke-left: I don't think I've ever seen a PD trashed so expertly and thoroughly.

(also available for recording onto VHS)
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Deputy sheriff lost daughter in Texas school shooting, governor says

How will Felix Rubio of the Uvalde County Sheriff's Office ever forgive himself for cowering outside with dozens of other cops while his daughter was being slaughtered by a lone gunman? I think that I would suicide.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Probation?

I googled "sentenced for machine gun" and got Pape after page of people who were sentenced to 4 to 20 years, but there's only this one probation.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:40 am
Probation?

I googled "sentenced for machine gun" and got Pape after page of people who were sentenced to 4 to 20 years, but there's only this one probation.
There's some inadequate explanation for that at the end of the article, having to do with the police chief not being the actual buyer or seller. Most of the commenters agree with you that it's :bs: . There's also a $12K fine, about his supposed income from the scheme. The article doesn't say whether the guns are being tracked down and seized, the most important info about this travesty IMO.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:25 pm
Deputy sheriff lost daughter in Texas school shooting, governor says

How will Felix Rubio of the Uvalde County Sheriff's Office ever forgive himself for cowering outside with dozens of other cops while his daughter was being slaughtered by a lone gunman? I think that I would suicide.
Maybe defunding wasn't such a bad idea. These pigs are even threatening to arrest a woman who entered and saved her kids.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:23 am
Maybe defunding wasn't such a bad idea. These pigs are even threatening to arrest a woman who entered and saved her kids.
Yep. :roll:
Uvalde Mom Who Saved Her Children Says She's Being Threatened By Law Enforcement

... Angeli Rose Gomez told CBS News that she was informed that if she continues to talk to media about her fearless actions, she would be charged with a probation violation for obstruction of justice....
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Sweet - if you're a federal agent

https://www.vox.com/23159672/supreme-co ... l-immunity

"The Supreme Court handed down a decision on Wednesday which effectively gives Border Patrol agents who violate the Constitution total immunity from lawsuits seeking to hold them accountable.
Justice Clarence Thomas’s majority opinion in Egbert v. Boule, moreover, has implications that stretch far beyond the border. Egbert guts a seminal Supreme Court precedent, Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents (1971), which established that federal law enforcement officers who violate the Constitution may be individually sued — and potentially be required to compensate their victims for their illegal actions.

Egbert is a severe blow to the broader project of police accountability. While it does not target lawsuits against state law enforcement officers who violate the Constitution, it all but eliminates the public’s ability to sue Border Patrol officers — and possibly all federal officers — who commit similar violations.

In fairness, Egbert does indicate that people who believe their rights were violated by federal law enforcement may file a grievance with the law enforcement agency that employs the officer who allegedly violated the Constitution. But such grievances will be investigated by other law enforcement officers, and no court or other agency can review a law enforcement officer’s decision to exonerate a fellow officer."

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:21 pm

"The Supreme Court handed down a decision on Wednesday which effectively gives Border Patrol agents who violate the Constitution total immunity from lawsuits seeking to hold them accountable....
:puke-left: :obscene-birdiered:

So, fight back if you can because there will be no future recourse.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:21 pm

"The Supreme Court handed down a decision on Wednesday which effectively gives Border Patrol agents who violate the Constitution total immunity from lawsuits seeking to hold them accountable.
Justice Clarence Thomas’s majority opinion in Egbert v. Boule, moreover, has implications that stretch far beyond the border. Egbert guts a seminal Supreme Court precedent, Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents (1971), which established that federal law enforcement officers who violate the Constitution may be individually sued — and potentially be required to compensate their victims for their illegal actions.

Egbert is a severe blow to the broader project of police accountability. While it does not target lawsuits against state law enforcement officers who violate the Constitution, it all but eliminates the public’s ability to sue Border Patrol officers — and possibly all federal officers — who commit similar violations.

In fairness, Egbert does indicate that people who believe their rights were violated by federal law enforcement may file a grievance with the law enforcement agency that employs the officer who allegedly violated the Constitution. But such grievances will be investigated by other law enforcement officers, and no court or other agency can review a law enforcement officer’s decision to exonerate a fellow officer."
I see this case more as an "interfering with an officer" situation than a 4th amendment issue.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

One town over from me:

Man who died in Fletcher police custody was father, former youth pastor; 2 cops on leave

The excuse making/coverup apparatus is already engaged. 1312.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

First I've heard of this. Presenting Florida's newest pretext law: HB 1435 effective 7/1/22

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-county/p ... music-law/

"Capt. Stevens says the focus will be on educating the public once the law goes into effect. It will give officers another avenue to initiate a traffic stop, which could lead to further examination of the driver, passengers and vehicle.

“Just like any other Florida state statute, it just gives another opportunity for an officer to attempt to or see if they can identify any other identifiers that would allow them to continue on with any criminal investigation,” said Capt. Stevens."

WARNING BY FACEBOOK

"The Bartow Police Department posted about the new law on Facebook, saying: “Here is your warning!” The department vows to strictly enforce the law."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Didn't somebody already note that "“plainly audible” from at least 25 feet away" leaves a lot of cop discretion and certainly hip-hop/rap is more likely to be "plainly audible" than country?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:12 am
Didn't somebody already note that "“plainly audible” from at least 25 feet away" leaves a lot of cop discretion and certainly hip-hop/rap is more likely to be "plainly audible" than country?
That's why I said, Presenting Florida's newest pretext law

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:48 am
O Really wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:12 am
That's why I said, Presenting Florida's newest pretext law
Police prepare to enforce Florida’s new loud music law

One can make a strong case that country isn't really music. Others might say the same thing about hip-hop/rap. :wave:
1312. ETTD.