Baseball

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Re: Baseball

Unread post by Ulysses »

In more important news, the San Francisco Giants blanked out the Washington Nationals Friday night, 7-0.

Yeah!

But I guess this means Sluggo is going to label the Giants cellar dwellers.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:17 pm
Back on April 8, at the end of spring training, GoCubsGo linked an article painting a dismal expectation for the A's by professional sports writers and analysts. Having no reason not to, most of us agreed with the liklihood that the A's would be a cellar-dwelling team. After several 14 games, they have played only 4 teams and are currently 8-6. In common use, a "cellar-dweller" is a team in any sport that is likely to finish at or close to last in their playing organization (league/conference/division, etc.) I'll bet all those sports analyst guys are sticking with their cellar prediction, and since they know a lot more than I, I'll stick with them. If the A's overcome all reasonable odds and win a pennant, more power to them, but it's not likely.
Good point, one that Useless cowers from. With all the effort that Thinskin Useless has put into foolishly bragging about the A's so early, do you suppose that he was smart enough to consider the quality of its wins? No, of course not.

Oakland is now a so-so 8-7, placing it in the middle of the AL West. Of the 5 teams that it's played only 1, Toronto, has a winning record and the A's went 1-2 against it. The other 4 teams have losing records or are 50-50 (Tampa Bay), and Oakland is 7-5 vs them. In other words, all we know so far is that the A's can do a middling job playing losers.

Opps, he's as Useless at basic baseball team analysis as he is at everything else.
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:27 am
(post: childish gibberish)
(signature: obsessed butthurt :crybaby: )
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
Always be yourself! Unless you can be a goat, then always be a goat.
-- the interweb, paraphrased
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:47 am

Opps, he's as Useless at basic baseball team analysis as he is at everything else.
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:27 am
Awww. :violin: , Useless. So much for "Ignored". You fail again. Plus, Useless, you've been busted too many times for anyone to believe you're not reading my posts, anyhow. It's just your excuse for cowering. Awww.
Well let's face it, being a deep thinker and Useless are not exactly a correlation that pops out at you.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Ruh-roh.

Sluggo be triggered again.

Good.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:27 pm
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:
... After several 14 games, they have played only 4 teams and are currently 8-6. ...
Good point, one that Useless cowers from. With all the effort that Thinskin Useless has put into foolishly bragging about the A's so early, do you suppose that he was smart enough to consider the quality of its wins? No, of course not.

Oakland is now a so-so 8-7, placing it in the middle of the AL West. Of the 5 teams that it's played only 1, Toronto, has a winning record and the A's went 1-2 against it. The other 4 teams have losing records or are 50-50 (Tampa Bay), and Oakland is 7-5 vs them. In other words, all we know so far is that the A's can do a middling job playing losers.

Well let's face it, being a deep thinker and Useless are not exactly a correlation that pops out at you.
Ulysses wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:30 pm
(childish gibberish)
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:13 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:27 pm
Vrede too wrote:
O Really wrote:
... After several 14 games, they have played only 4 teams and are currently 8-6. ...

Ulysses wrote:
(childish gibberish)
And the master of the snappy comeback. :roll:
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
( :crybaby: )
Opps, another loss to a team with a losing record. Blanked at home, how embarrassing. 8-8, next stop Cellarville.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:26 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Opps, another loss to a team with a losing record. Blanked at home, how embarrassing. 8-8, next stop Cellarville.
And I went to the wrong game this week.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:30 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
I'm gonna need my calculator . . . let me see . . . yep, that's 21 more runs than the A's scored. Also, it was Texas that shut out Oakland 2-0. You must be doubly thrilled. :P 8-1 yesterday, now 2-0 this away stand. It's like Useless jinxed himself.
:---P
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:41 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:30 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
I'm gonna need my calculator . . . let me see . . . yep, that's 21 more runs than the A's scored. Also, it was Texas that shut out Oakland 2-0. You must be doubly thrilled. :P 8-1 yesterday, now 2-0 this away stand. It's like Useless jinxed himself.
:---P
Getting ready to celebrate with some catnip dip and chips and some buffalo hummingbird wings!

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Texas Rangers: 5 wins, 9 losses

Oakland A's: 8 wins, 8 losses

So who is ahead?

Oh, and the other SF Bay Area baseball team?

SF Giants are 10 wins, 5 losses.

And the Shitcaca Cucks?

7 wins, 8 losses. The "cellar dweller" A's are better than Sicko's team! Yay!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:03 am

That makes it MORE shameful that Texas has stomped the A's twice in Oakland. Damn, you're stupid.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Hmmm...

The arrogant San Francisco Giants are ruining baseball by playing hard for 9 innings

Perhaps the writer is a Cubs fan?

This past weekend’s series against the Washington Nationals provided a perfect example of the kind of team the Giants have unfortunately become. On Friday night, with a clearly insurmountable six-run lead in the ninth inning, Thairo Estrada had the unfettered audacity to try to steal second base and score on a base hit. Thankfully, he was thrown out at home before he could embarrass the Nationals any further, but what was he thinking? Would the Nationals really have scored seven runs in the ninth to win the game? Sure, the Giants scored seven runs in an inning earlier in the same game, but would it really have happened twice? No, statistically impossible.

Estrada’s actions rightfully drew the ire of Washington manager Dave Martinez, who called out Giants manager Gabe Kapler and his team for intentionally ignoring the delicate sensibilities of the Nationals players. But did the Giants learn their lesson? No.

On Sunday, after scoring five runs, the Giants — greedy as ever — simply couldn’t help themselves and went for more. Joc Pederson was at the plate in the seventh inning, having already homered earlier in the game. Decorum called for him to simply stand at the plate and not swing, since doing so would risk further humiliation for the Nationals; instead, he swung the bat and hit another home run.

Is that conduct becoming of a gentleman? I would venture to say it is the complete opposite. The rest of the Giants unfortunately decided to follow Pederson’s lead, adding on even more runs to win by a score of 12-3.

Even Giants manager Gabe Kapler's sunglasses are crooked!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:58 pm
Hmmm...

The arrogant San Francisco Giants are ruining baseball by playing hard for 9 innings

Perhaps the writer is a Cubs fan? ...
Funny, I don't recall GoCubsGo dissing the Giants. Do you have a link or a quote, or are you just being Pointless Useless?

"This past weekend’s series against the Washington Nationals"??? Strange that you neglect to mention that the Giants beat Oakland 8-2 yesterday. You also neglect to mention that Oakland is still treading water at 9-9. Not far to the cellar, ouch.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:14 pm
Ulysses wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:58 pm
Hmmm...

Perhaps the writer is a Cubs fan? ...
Funny, I don't recall GoCubsGo dissing the Giants. Do you have a link or a quote, or are you just being Pointless Useless?

"This past weekend’s series against the Washington Nationals"??? Strange that you neglect to mention that the Giants beat Oakland 8-2 yesterday. You also neglect to mention that Oakland is still treading water at 9-9. Not far to the cellar, ouch.
Don't you love it when the out of left field insults and attacks happen? I was rather enjoying a Useless free day.

Oh well, he's not going to have a local team to root for much linger.

He's already lost the Raiders and the Warriors, the A's are soon gone.

Apparently professional sports teams on his side of the Bay can't get away from him fast enough.

Smart.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Don't you love it when the out of left field insults and attacks happen? I was rather enjoying a Useless free day.

Oh well, he's not going to have a local team to root for much linger.

He's already lost the Raiders and the Warriors, the A's are soon gone.

Apparently professional sports teams on his side of the Bay can't get away from him fast enough.

Smart.
Silly boy.

You could always resign as moderator, you know. Instead you just want to whine as loud as you can.

Sick.

And I love how you ignore the fact that the SF Giants, not the A's, are the focus of the article I posted. Can't wait to see the Giants clobber the Cubs.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:02 am
Silly boy. You could always leave rather than whine. Why are you still here?

Masochist.
Vrede too wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:14 pm
Funny, I don't recall GoCubsGo dissing the Giants. Do you have a link or a quote, or are you just being Pointless Useless? ...
Cower, Useless, cower.
And I love how you ignore the fact that the SF Giants, not the A's, are the focus of the article I posted....
Idiot.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Will the SF Giants clobber the Cubs?

I certainly hope so!

The question should really be, "When will the SF Giants Clobber the Cubs?" ...

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:22 pm
Will the SF Giants clobber the Cubs?

I certainly hope so!

The question should really be, "When will the SF Giants Clobber the Cubs?" ...
:roll: Get a 4th grader to explain this to you:
GoCubsGo wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:43 pm
... There are no delusions about this year's Cubs, we're rebuilding.

But we will have a better record than the cellar dwelling A's.
You even replied to it, albeit with your usual whining.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Could happen!

As of this morning, the Chicago Cubs have a lousy record. Not quite cellar, yet, but they've lost 13 games, and won only 8.

Even the A's are doing better than that, at 10 wins and 11 losses.

So... who's more in the cellar now?