Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
O Really
Admiral

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by O Really »

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:51 am

The 1/5 article is short on details, but it sounds like owner Miles Walker's oily penny stupidity led to his also being busted for shorting other workers:
... The DOL’s Wage and Hour Division found that Walker failed to pay his employees “legally required overtime” when they worked a 40-hour-plus work week and did not “keep adequate and accurate records of employees’ pay rates and work hours,” according to the release....
Yeah, that's the way it works. If the investigator has the idea that an unlawful practice might be systemic, his/her eyes light up and some of them start to drool. Next will come a records "request" (that could turn into a subpoena) for everything related to the pay, hours worked, lunch practices of everybody who worked there for one or more days in the last three years. And if you don't have the records, they hammer you for that. I paid for a lot of toys over the years just to keep these people fairly happy and calm and keep them from going rabid.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

I envision a country western type song about oily pennies......maybe "Baby, I Thought it Was True Love But it Was Oily Pennies Out The Ass." Or "I Should Have Put My Baby's Oily Pennies Back Where They Came From." ok
I just changed this from "county western" to "country western" to be more transparent, as well as correct an error.
Last edited by neoplacebo on Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:53 pm
I envision a county western type song about oily pennies......maybe "Baby, I Thought it Was True Love But it Was Oily Pennies Out The Ass." Or "I Should Have Put My Baby's Oily Pennies Back Where They Came From." ok
Eat less oil, more fiber.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Guess who.

Spoiler:
Rebel Wilson!

A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Lost in 2013, he almost got in back recently. Pretty damn light penalty too for an author/doctor of retirement age.

"One of their books - "The Letterman" - is about a surgeon exposed for inscribing his initials on a donor liver during a lifesaving transplant operation, upending his life and the life of his patient while creating a firestorm in the media and the medical world.

The Scalpel Stories"
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

Sort of like some people used to brand their slaves, no?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:36 pm
If I had one of those Bull Buster cattle prods I'd be sorely tempted to use it on you. I guess I'll have go go ahead and buy one. And I've whipped more than a few women just after midnight. But only the ones who wanted to engage in what was at the time considered bad behaviour.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ulysses wrote:
I think the doc was more like signing his work than branding the patient. Actually, if he had done it before he installed the organ, I personally wouldn't have thought it a big deal if it didn't harm the organ.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:08 pm
Ulysses wrote:
I think the doc was more like signing his work than branding the patient. Actually, if he had done it before he installed the organ, I personally wouldn't have thought it a big deal if it didn't harm the organ.
From the linked story, it appears that the way they discovered his organ branding was when the transplanted organ failed and had to be removed. Not stated was whether the branding was the cause of the organ failure.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:

In fact most slaves in Connecticut were branded.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:12 pm
From the linked story, it appears that the way they discovered his organ branding was when the transplanted organ failed and had to be removed. Not stated was whether the branding was the cause of the organ failure.
You fail comprehension yet again. It is stated that the tagging did no physical harm to the patients:
... In 2018, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, where Bramhall was employed, told BBC News the surgeon had made "a mistake" but said it had "no impact whatsoever on the quality of his clinical outcomes."

... Such marks normally heal and disappear. But at least one of the livers Bramhall branded was otherwise damaged, leaving it unable to heal and erase the doctor's initials, the BBC reported.

... At his sentencing, the judge acknowledged that the physical harm the patients suffered was "no more than transient or trifling," although he said the emotional and psychological impact was severe, the Daily Mail reported....
Pay attention.
1312. ETTD.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:25 pm
O Really wrote:

In fact most slaves in Connecticut were branded.
None of my ancestors lived in Connecticut when slavery in the USA was legal.

So go find another tree to piss on.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

O Really wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
I would have written "this side up" on it.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:45 am
O Really wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
Not "Patent Pending" ?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I might have gone with "patient pending" but not with what you suggested.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:04 am
So in your world, "This side up" has the same meaning as "Patient Pending" ?

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:47 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:04 am
So in your world, "This side up" has the same meaning as "Patient Pending" ?
Goddamn failure of comprehension on steroids......no. "patient pending" was just my humorous take on your "patent pending" suggestion. But evidently in "your world" "patent pending" and "patient pending" are the same. "This side up" has no correlation to either "patent pending" or "patient pending."

On the driver side outside mirror of my car there is a pun on the "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" label that says "objects in mirror will soon disappear." To further explain, the ".....are closer than they appear" statement is only on the passenger outside mirror so I put this label on my driver side mirror for the sake of symmetry. I knew which side was up on the little transfer rub off thing I used. No patents involved.

Ulysses
Vice admiral

Unread post by Ulysses »

OK, you seem a bit more confused than usual.

First you stated:
Post by neoplacebo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:45 am

Then, less than 24 hours later, you stated,
Post by neoplacebo » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:04 am

I'm sorry you could not make up your mind, but it's really not my problem, is it?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:21 am
( :crybaby: )
You're up at 4:21 am just to be so stupid? Wow. neoplacebo merely stated that he prefers "patient pending" over your "patent pending" as a possible alternative to "this side up". He did not say that "this side up" and "patient pending" have "the same meaning". Pay attention.
1312. ETTD.