:thumbup:

A different co-worker:

https://www.tiktok.com/@stefhills/video ... 1536276779
3.6M views
516.2K hearts
Article
:---P :clap: :-||

Borrowed from a different headline:
PK Butker went wide right in his commencement speech.
Clever.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Re: NFL Football

Unread post by O Really »

This guy lost his job, and I don't know that what he said was any worse than what Butker said. Maybe a little cruder, but not really worse.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/calgary-lawye ... 11907.html

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:05 pm
This guy lost his job, and I don't know that what he said was any worse than what Butker said. Maybe a little cruder, but not really worse.

He only hit 20 of 30 FG attempts and missed 6 PAT.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri May 17, 2024 11:05 pm

Prospective clients are less forgiving than fans and advertisers?
Lawyers are more replaceable than elite athletes?
3x SB winners can do no wrong?
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well, I don't really think Butker should be fired, exactly. Other players have done crappy stuff and I've sometimes argued that football players don't usually claim to be saints and that some degree of rowdiness comes along with the personality type. I do hope enough people make his life miserable enough that his Handmaiden wife gets tired of it, tells him he's an idiot for ruining their life and dumps him. I suspect the "idiot" part may have already been accomplished.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sat May 18, 2024 1:11 am
Well, I don't really think Butker should be fired, exactly. Other players have done crappy stuff and I've sometimes argued that football players don't usually claim to be saints and that some degree of rowdiness comes along with the personality type. I do hope enough people make his life miserable enough that his Handmaiden wife gets tired of it, tells him he's an idiot for ruining their life and dumps him. I suspect the "idiot" part may have already been accomplished.
:thumbup: Not likely to be fired:

Wife Of Kansas City ... Owner Says Viral Harrison Butker Speech 'Is Not Bigoted'
Tavia Hunt quoted the Bible while defending Butker's speech at a commencement, where he called diversity initiatives a "tyranny" and urged women to stay home.

:roll: She needs remedial vocabulary for the word 'Bigoted'.

His misogyny and anti-LGBTQ remarks have been widely reported. This not so much:
Comments about the Jewish people

n his 2024 commencement address at Benedictine College, he cited his belief that many first-century Jews were responsible for the death of Jesus by criticizing a bill condemning antisemitism. Yvette Walker of the Kansas City Star criticized Butker's speech: "The church long has held that Jews could not be held collectively accountable, since the Second Vatican Council in the 1960s. In 2011, Pope Benedict XVI affirmed this...and wrote there is no basis in Scripture for blaming Jews." Rolling Stone labeled Butker's comments as antisemitic, writing, "[He] promoted an insidious piece of antisemitic misinformation... Historically, claims that Jews were ultimately responsible for the death of Jesus have been wielded as an antisemitic trope against Jewish populations."
:obscene-birdiered: Pig.

Petition:
Demand the Kansas City ... to Dismiss Harrison Butker for Discriminatory Remarks
200,218 Signatures

I signed as an easy way to express my displeasure, but I also don't know whether Butker should be canceled. If KC retains him it won't ruin my day. It'll just make hating the team even easier.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Missouri AG demands documents from Kansas City mayor after X account post about Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker

:crybaby: :bs: The funny post merely stated that Butker does not live in KC. Bigots sure have thin skins.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Is this guy getting ready to be Aaron Rodgers v2.0?

"He said the post appeared to violate the Missouri Human Rights Act, which prohibits actions taken based on someone's religious belief."

These people never seem to understand the difference in "belief" and "behaviour/actions". No doubt the guy can believe what he wants but when he goes public, the public is entitled to respond. He might could have gotten away with the "mother/homemaker" part. A lot of very accomplished women might very well say they're most proud of their kids and raising the family. But when he starts with Biden-bashing and then calls gay people degenerates or whatever, it's clear he's on a political direction and starts raising that lightning rod a bit higher.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 11:37 am

These people never seem to understand ______ . . .
A template for our times.

Nuns rap little Harry Bigot's knuckles with a ruler:
Nuns at Benedictine College respond to Harrison Butker’s controversial speech
The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica weren’t fond of the Kansas City Chiefs player's comments about women's role in the home.

... The sisters of Mount St. Scholastica, who describe their group as a founding institution and sponsor of Benedictine College, just shared a statement about the professional football player's speech, saying his comments don't “represent the Catholic, Benedictine, liberal arts college that our founders envisioned and in which we have been so invested."...
:---P
1312. ETTD.