Coronavirus

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:55 am
I read somewhere that he directed Ford and GM. Both were already making the transition and the order didn't change anything.
Tesla is already producing and delivering ventilators and masks. I'm sure trump will order them to make what they are already producing.
Could be, or could be coming. All this article says about Ford is:
... Trump then lashed out against GM and Ford on Twitter Friday morning....

Shortly after Trump's tweet Ford, too, responded with assurances it was working hard to help resolve medical equipment shortages.

"We have started delivering tens of thousands of Ford-produced face shields to hospitals and police agencies, including the NYPD," it said in a statement.

"We have teams working flat-out with GE Healthcare to boost production of simplified ventilators, and with 3M to increase the production of powered air purifying respirators."
No mention of a Ford DPA order, yet.

The article confirms what you say about GM, though it's worth noting that the DPA order restricts windfall profits to cost plus 10%, supposedly.

The article above doesn't mention Tesla, but there's this one:

Elon Musk Says Tesla’s New York Gigafactory Will Reopen to Produce Ventilators
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

He's already delivered to New York

I may look for the article but Ford is called out by trump and they responded

Edit: I should have gone further than the headline

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52071314

But his twit does call out Ford

“General Motors MUST immediately open their stupidly abandoned Lordstown plant in Ohio, or some other plant, and START MAKING VENTILATORS, NOW!!!!!! FORD, GET GOING ON VENTILATORS, FAST!!!!!!” the president tweeted on Friday.

But, there's always the trump butt, he realized that he has to pay for them.
Now he's not so sure about how many are needed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB11LC0e
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 am
All this pandelirium that's prevalent lately makes me wonder why in hell Rudy isn't out with his talking skull. Looks to me like he would be all over this.....rounding up tens of thousands of ventilators from Ukraine that had been stored in the basement at Burisma in spite of how Hunter Biden tried to keep them locked up so he could make more money. The only thing I can figure is that Rudy has run out of King Kong amyl nitrates, which were entirely responsible for his bug eyed visage, his frantic hand flapping and waving, and his "truth is not truth" gibberish.
Apparently Rudy had resurfaced, doing his best snake oil salesman imitation.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:30 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 am
All this pandelirium that's prevalent lately makes me wonder why in hell Rudy isn't out with his talking skull. Looks to me like he would be all over this.....rounding up tens of thousands of ventilators from Ukraine that had been stored in the basement at Burisma in spite of how Hunter Biden tried to keep them locked up so he could make more money. The only thing I can figure is that Rudy has run out of King Kong amyl nitrates, which were entirely responsible for his bug eyed visage, his frantic hand flapping and waving, and his "truth is not truth" gibberish.
Apparently Rudy had resurfaced, doing his best snake oil salesman imitation.

I read an article where doctors have written so many prescriptions for themselves that people with lupus and something else can't fill their prescriptions.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

No doubt this is being marketed through Rudy's famous "Fraud Guarantee" company.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

One observation a friend of mine made the other day is that the memes coming out of the corona-crisis have been ultra fresh.

The whole world is stuck inside with nothing to do but bullshit around and make memes. We're in the early stages of a meme renaissance.

Also, it's almost uncanny how everything began shutting down in the US towards the end of March. Why, you may ask? Well, this year 4/20 lasts the entire month of April.

It's finally socially acceptable if not outright celebrated to sit your ass down on your couch and do nothing.

The timing is on point.
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Yeah, this was just a matter of time.

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

"...he is mobilizing to undermine the president."

We could only hope.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:52 pm
CV-19 may kill 80,000 Americans, more than died actually in Vietnam, though less than the tally that includes suicides and other post-conflict but related deaths.
Coronavirus live updates: Anthony Fauci says millions of Americans face infection, 200,000 could die

:shock:
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:46 am
Finally found: the source of the pandemic...

dat funny

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

ain't capitalism great

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-u ... spartanntp

it just wasn't good for business to let the small company actually produce the 40,000 efficient respirators that cost 70% less, simple solution - buy the company and run the project into the ground.

yea medical device company Covidien, say their stockholders and no one else

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Ulysses wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:54 pm
It's the Trumpestilence...
Trump brags about high TV viewership of virus briefings

Wow, that boy just ain't right.

I can't stand to listen to Trump and his lies or see his face and I'm sure that there are many other American citizens who feel the same. However, it is fun to see Fauci contradict PINO to his face, and to see VP Q-tip seethe over what was supposed to be his moment to finally make "mommy" proud. I also appreciate that they’re shunning social distancing.

Anyhow, it’s disgusting that IMPOSPOTUS is turning a national crisis and tragedy into reason to brag.

Then, all of the major stations air the updates, and homebound people are scared and/or desirous of more info. Of course many watch, what else are they going to do? It’s no triumph for Dolt .45, it’s a further example of his months of failures.
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:53 pm
Ulysses wrote:

I can't stand to listen to Trump and his lies or see his face and I'm sure that there are many other American citizens who feel the same. However, it is fun to see Fauci contradict PINO to his face, and to see VP Q-tip seethe over what was supposed to be his moment to finally make "mommy" proud. I also appreciate that they’re shunning social distancing.

Anyhow, it’s disgusting that IMPOSPOTUS is turning a national crisis and tragedy into reason to brag.

Then, all of the major stations air the updates, and homebound people are scared and/or desirous of more info. Of course many watch, what else are they going to do? It’s no triumph for Dolt .45, it’s a further example of his months of failures.
And tweeting about other imperative issues of great national importance.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:00 pm
ain't capitalism great

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-u ... spartanntp

it just wasn't good for business to let the small company actually produce the 40,000 efficient respirators that cost 70% less, simple solution - buy the company and run the project into the ground.

yea medical device company Covidien, say their stockholders and no one else
Another coronascum

https://www.iheart.com/content/2020-03- ... lus-check/

Texas company wants to dock worker's pay if they receive stimulus money, but reporter doesn't ask if company receives trump tax cut stimulus and doesn't name scumbag company

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:53 pm
Ulysses wrote:

Hard to remember them all, but that may be the most disgusting thing the piece of shit has ever said.

bannination
Captain

Unread post by bannination »

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Limier than most
Red Shirt

Unread post by Limier than most »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hitchens

The link gives access to a short (6mins) piece on BBC radio by a senior judge, criticising the whole approach of UK and other Governments to the Coronazombie panic.

Well worth a listen.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Limier than most wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:08 am
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hitchens

The link gives access to a short (6mins) piece on BBC radio by a senior judge, criticising the whole approach of UK and other Governments to the Coronazombie panic.

Well worth a listen.

This too is well worth the listen. As good as any I have heard. 45 minutes and lots of charts, so best to watch on the big screen

Dr. Michael Saag Rotary Club speech March 25, 2020
https://youtu.be/Y2BhwivYWYQ