Meanwhile in mystical floating stairs to paradise

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Meanwhile in mystical floating stairs to paradise

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Duh religion thread was locked so Iz up an made dis un.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... tch-broke/

"A pastor in Missouri rained down a fiery sermon upon his flock one Sunday this month, scolding parishioners for failing to follow God.

The Rev. Carlton Funderburke condemned his congregation not because they had sinned too much, loved God too little or done too few good deeds out in the world. Instead, Funderburke rebuked the “cheap sons and daughters” of the Church at the Well in Kansas City for not “honoring” him with a luxury gift.

“That’s how I know you still poor, broke, busted and disgusted, because of how you been honoring me,” Funderburke told his congregation, according to a video. “I’m not worth your McDonald’s money? I’m not worth your Red Lobster money? I ain’t worth your St. John Knit — y’all can’t afford it nohow. I ain’t worth y’all Louis Vuitton? I ain’t worth your Prada? I’m not worth your Gucci?”'

During the sermon, Funderburke reminded parishioners he’d asked them for gifts before. He even told them where they could make their purchases.

“You can buy a Movado watch in Sam’s,” Funderburke said in the clip posted by the Defender. “And y’all know I asked for one last year. Here it is the whole way in August — I still ain’t got it. Y’all ain’t said nothing. Let me kick down the door and talk to my cheap sons and daughters.”

"Funderburke told them he wasn’t giving them a tongue-lashing because of greed or want on his part but so that they might realize the path to righteousness."'

Damn, and through all my days I thought extortion was bad and now, at this late state, I find out that it's actually the path to righteousness.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Meanwhile in mystical floating stairs to paradise

Unread post by Vrede too »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:22 pm
Duh religion thread was locked so Iz up an made dis un....
Not that I mind a new thread, but The Religion Thread is not locked for me:
viewtopic.php?p=173128#p173128

Are you right with banni-God and GoCubsGod? Maybe you should get them nice watches.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Pastor Karen!😆
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:15 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:22 pm
Duh religion thread was locked so Iz up an made dis un....
Not that I mind a new thread, but The Religion Thread is not locked for me:
viewtopic.php?p=173128#p173128

Are you right with banni-God and GoCubsGod? Maybe you should get them nice watches.
Weird, now I can't find the locked religion thread is lost. The last posts were mostly useless.

Maybe it's this God guy playing tricks on me because I didn't pony up for the fancy watch.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

That little religious midget Robert Jeffress has ads on tv here that begin with "god has a purpose for your life." Every time I see the ad, I say "yeah, it's to send you money." He is in high danger of being stomped if I ever meet him. Or at least fish slapped.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:05 pm
That little religious midget Robert Jeffress has ads on tv here that begin with "god has a purpose for your life." Every time I see the ad, I say "yeah, it's to send you money." He is in high danger of being stomped if I ever meet him. Or at least fish slapped.
If you accept Christ into your life you will have unlimited fishes for slapping Jeffress, etc with. Loaves, too, but only the hard or stale ones are good for slapping.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:17 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:05 pm
If you accept Christ into your life you will have unlimited fishes for slapping Jeffress, etc with. Loaves, too, but only the hard or stale ones are good for slapping.
I've rejected that lame "fishers of men" schtick in favor of the stomping and fish slapping of men. But only the ones that need it. Amen