College football

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: College football

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

AU by 17
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Ummm, you might want to reconsider. 'Noles remembered they were "the Program" and came through. But think about Jameis' year. Freshman - Heisman, undefeated, national championship. Best college player ever?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

The barn blew it. As expected.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote: I just hate the tomahawk chop and chant more. .
That is annoying, but Osceola and Renegade are the best mascots/team symbols everrr. When they come out and plant that flaming spear, it sends chills down the spine of even us UNC/Miami people. Looks cool on TV, but live, with the crowd going apeshit - it's just spectacular. Now that's a real "12th man."

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:At least they were silenced through the first 28 minutes.
Yeah, but now they won't shut up for ten years. :(

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

billy.pilgrim wrote:AU by 17

oops
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:The barn blew it. As expected.
explain yourself, bammer.

I sure wish we had won last night. It was a close game and we lost. There were plenty of chances for both teams to have done better, but at the end, our defense couldn't stand up to FSU's last drive (we should have gone for the 1st down at the end of the 1st half, instead to the field goal - that 4th unanswered touchdown could have broken them).

we were supposed to win maybe 6 or 7 with pretty much the same team that didn't win a single sec game last year - not even ranked in the early polls, didn’t receive a single pre-season vote

and here we are - Auburn is the 2013 sec champion and played is the nc, while the bammers are still stuck with lil nicky blaming his team for losing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6OEaUM9NOo

WDE

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Darth Saban has been to the BCS NCG 4 times; he's won 4 times. But I was wanting an Auburn win, too. Amazing turn-around year. Malzahn will do well, especially without Lowder's interference.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boat may remember this guy – I know I'll never forget
Former Auburn football player David Langner, who starred in one of the most memorable games in Iron Bowl history, has died. He was 62.
Bill Newton blocked two punts in the final minutes of the 1972 game with previously unbeaten Alabama, and Langner returned both for touchdowns.
The Tigers won 17-16 in what became known as the ''Punt Bama Punt'' game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCzEEE129SE

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

74 days

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://news.msn.com/offbeat/fla-woman-a ... ster-tails

reckon she figured it was okay since Shamus Jamus didn't get in any trouble

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

I really don't like this double rapist shamus guy. reckon how he came up with the $120,000 cash for his two year $10,000,000 insurance policy that will keep him at FSU for the next 2 years

O Really
Admiral

Manziel only more so.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Auburn and Clemson have agreed to play a home-and-home series in 2016 and 2017, the schools announced Wednesday.

should be a couple of good games and a lot of history between the two teams since 1899 - copied colors and mascots and even a Heisman coach

O Really
Admiral

So the selection of the final four in the football playoff created controversy - no surprise there. But hey, there are - what - 60 or so teams in the BCS conferences? Who was the genius who thought 4 would be a good number for a playoff?

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

They'll have to go to at least 8 teams, I'd guess by 2016. And Oregon will demonstrate what everyone but 'noles fans know: they are undeserving of a spot in any playoff.
Roll Tide.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:They'll have to go to at least 8 teams, I'd guess by 2016. And Oregon will demonstrate what everyone but 'noles fans know: they are undeserving of a spot in any playoff.
Roll Tide.
If you're going to pick - not play for - only four spots, the 'Noles absolutely deserve to be there as the only undefeated team and defending champion. But if the Ducks hand them their asses, so be it.

And sure, it's a dumb and annoying chant, but you gotta admit when "Chief Osceola" and Renegade plant that spear at mid-field it's the best spectacle in college football. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4yr4sNQ5M

O Really
Admiral

Vrede wrote:We differ on "best" so, no. Oregon Duck uniforms, otoh . . .
C'mon - what's your vote for best mascot show? Sports Illustrated agrees with me http://www.si.com/more-sports/photos/20 ... -mascots#1
But I gotta admit the Colorado buffalo, the Sooner wagon, and the War Eagle are pretty cool too.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede wrote:We differ on "best" so, no. Oregon Duck uniforms, otoh . . .
The green/white away unis they wear sometimes are not bad a all. Those all pale yellow "highlighter" outfits, though, are more ridiculous than the court jester uniform colors of Maryland.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.