Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:I suspect the attack of the "victims" came about only when the "victim" tried to make some trouble. Hillary is if anything a pragmatic realist who undoubtedly knew Bill's dick was born under a wandering star. But as long as they avoided bimbo eruptions she'd put up with it. When a bimbo started talking about going public, Hillary made an effort to shut her down/discredit her, whatever. Maybe not an ideal family or political situation, but understandable. Keep in mind also that it wasn't Monica who complained or created that scandal. The instigator was Linda Lizard, without whom Monica just denied and had denied. Which brings up the issue of "enabler," I suppose. Is tolerating the same as enabling? I doubt Hillary served as pimp or even actively agreed to an "open" relationship. What's more, after they were out of the White House, she had no real political reason not to dump him and might have gained some fans for doing so. But she stuck with him and still does. Why do all the "conservatives" think that's a bad thing?
"Why do all the "conservatives" think _______?"

:D
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

It's getting a tad late to replace Trump, even if he steps aside for Romney, Nugent or someone else.

Unless Trumps voluntarily quits, it's too late to change RNC rules to replace him. (It would take a majority vote of the RNC's Standing Committee on Rules, followed by a three-quarter majority in the RNC. And it would only take effect 30 days later.)

Many Republicans have already cast their absentee votes in the key states of Florida and North Carolina.

The deadline has passed in many states for changing the names on ballot papers. That's not a show-stopper: Voters would be told to "punch Trump for Cruz." :D When Mark Foley resigned in 2006 it was too late for the Republican Party to put Joe Negron on the ballot. But its "punch Foley for Joe" campaign failed and they lost what had been a safe Republican seat.

And it would come after the final humiliation of Cruz: Video of Cruz on the phone trying to convince voters to support Trump.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57630 ... ec19ef47de

The evolution of his hair.

Picture 16 is interesting. The only reason I can come up with for wearing socks at the beach is to hide his deformed tiny toes.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wneglia wrote:Image

Now that is funny
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

JTA
Commander

Unread post by JTA »

billy.pilgrim wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57630 ... ec19ef47de

Picture 16 is interesting. The only reason I can come up with for wearing socks at the beach is to hide his deformed tiny toes.
I hope Hillary Clinton just walks over to Trump and yanks on his hair so we can finally put one of America's greatest mysteries to rest once and for all.
You aren't doing it wrong if no one knows what you are doing.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

http://mediamatters.org/research/2016/0 ... ies/213113

I jokingly said something about this guy's name and his accent sounding russian.

He is a Russian and does business with Russians and lies to cover russian aggression

Thumpers daughter vacations with putin girlfriend, he loves on putin, has russian surrogates

This seems important to me

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

JTA wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57630 ... ec19ef47de

I hope Hillary Clinton just walks over to Trump and yanks on his hair so we can finally put one of America's greatest mysteries to rest once and for all.

I've heard that he also wears finger extensions

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Who will you vote for, Wneglia?
1312. ETTD.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Vrede too wrote:Who will you vote for, Wneglia?
Probably write in 'Verde', since 'none of above' is not available. :crazy:

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Wneglia wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Who will you vote for, Wneglia?
Probably write in 'Verde', since 'none of above' is not available. :crazy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... anada.html

Man changes name to None of the Above

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I appreciate the honor, but in most or all states write-ins are not even tallied anymore unless it's an officially declared candidacy. Maybe write-in Bernie - similar politics and at least one poll worker will know your intent before putting your ballot in the "Did not vote" pile.
1312. ETTD.

Wneglia
Midshipman

Unread post by Wneglia »

Actually, after watching 60 Minutes last night, I wish IBM's Watson were on the ballot.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I'd go with Artoo Detoo.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

JTA wrote:It's fun watching my Trump supporting friends make excuses and rationalize away all of Trump's outrageous behavior, doing the same exact thing they often accuse liberals of doing.
I haven't made a big thing out of it, in the name of domestic and felicity and shit, but I have quietly revised my list of people whom I consider friends, as well as family I don't mind hanging with. I have also begun a wholesale revision of my standards, in regards to friends and family and a thorough review of my own skills in the area of judging friends. There are clearly people who need to be the fuck out of my life.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
JTA wrote:It's fun watching my Trump supporting friends make excuses and rationalize away all of Trump's outrageous behavior, doing the same exact thing they often accuse liberals of doing.
I haven't made a big thing out of it, in the name of domestic and felicity and shit, but I have quietly revised my list of people whom I consider friends, as well as family I don't mind hanging with. I have also begun a wholesale revision of my standards, in regards to friends and family and a thorough review of my own skills in the area of judging friends. There are clearly people who need to be the fuck out of my life.

Just don't tell your brother in law that he is ignorant concerning historical facts about acorn getting obama re-elected. Three years later he is still whining that I called him stupid and I am a really really bad person.

I do see him as stupid (he bought over a thousand incandescent light bulbs because he ain't gonna let no obama make him use those LEDs), but I would never say it to him directly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Over a thousand light bulbs and one dim bulb.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:Over a thousand light bulbs and one dim bulb.
with a higher electric bill

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:. . . Just don't tell your brother in law that he is ignorant concerning historical facts about acorn getting obama re-elected. Three years later he is still whining that I called him stupid and I am a really really bad person.

I do see him as stupid (he bought over a thousand incandescent light bulbs because he ain't gonna let no obama make him use those LEDs), but I would never say it to him directly.
It's hard. I like my brother in law and have never considered him stupid. He is thoughtful and generally does his homework. But, it's Allerbammer, and he's a traditional "conservative," whatever TF that means these days. I never expected him to vote for HC- shit, I never expected to vote for her-but stubbornness with which he clings to his support of the trumphole is a surprise to me. I expected it from the usual in-law suspects- ignoranti, all. But he surprised me.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I understand the anti-establishment and anti-Hillary sentiments. They just picked a really awful standard bearer for them.
1312. ETTD.