With all the dumping on Florida, maybe we need a Carolina Man story or two

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: With all the dumping on Florida, maybe we need a Carolina Man story or two

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

Yep, he's a nazi

Madison Cawthorn Has Some Thoughts on 'Jewish Blood'
by Molly Osberg

https://theslot.jezebel.com/madison-caw ... 1845692023

"It would appear, however, that whichever of Cawthorne’s handlers booked this interview and allowed him to talk about converting Jews to Christianity miscalculated somewhere along the way."

"In the interview, Cawthorn does his best to strike the stately tone of an elected official rather than the kind of trolling teenager who’d tweet “cry more, lib” moments after a victory"

"The interview veered into rather thorny territory, however, when it turned to religion. Cawthorn, who is a part-time preacher and comes from a family of what he calls “fun Christians” and “a bunch of true frickin’ believers,” insisted to Jewish Insider he would respect the separation of church and state: He also asked the fact that he’d read the Q’aran be off the record before consenting to have it printed, adding that he’d converted “several Muslims to Christ” because of his familiarity with the religious text."

"Had he ever tried to convert any Jews to the Christian faith?

“I have,” he said with a laugh. “I have, unsuccessfully. I have switched a lot of, uh, you know, I guess, culturally Jewish people. But being a practicing Jew, like, people who are religious about it, they are very difficult. I’ve had a hard time connecting with them in that way.”

"Cawthorn expressed a similar sentiment during a July 2019 sermon at a church in Highlands, North Carolina. “If you have Jewish blood running through your veins today,” he told the crowd, mulling on a chapter from the Gospel of Mark, “this might not mean as much to you, but for someone like me, who’s a gentile, this means a lot."'
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Sounds like a typical "fun Christian." With any luck, he'll take up snake handling and it will be shown his faith was not strong enough.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

You would think that Palm Beach and Lee counties in Florida idiotic offering of first come, first serve vaccine would be accepted as a cautionary tale of flori-duh stupidity.

Not to be.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/push-t ... ersion=amp

"Cape Fear Valley Medical Center in Fayetteville offered a first-come, first-served vaccination clinic on Wednesday morning, and people started lining up for the 9 a.m. event at 6:30 a.m."
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

The first-come first-served plan is ridiculous no matter how you do it, but an improvement would be to make it a drive-by event like the tests. Nobody has to sit outside, distancing is automatic. A place with a temporarily closed race track or large mall parking lot could put at least a bit or order to it.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:10 am
The first-come first-served plan is ridiculous no matter how you do it, but an improvement would be to make it a drive-by event like the tests. Nobody has to sit outside, distancing is automatic. A place with a temporarily closed race track or large mall parking lot could put at least a bit or order to it.
Most people would think that anything is better than 1st come for old people. Palm Beach was bad enough, but NC in January is even way more stupid.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:10 am
It's hard to monitor people in cars for severe reactions.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 am

Oh, I don't know. They're probably the ones running into the power poles. :lol:

Still seems they could pass through the shot area and then sit for - what - 15 minutes in a parking area at the end, where somebody can check them out. What do I know - basically nothing - but I'd agree with Billy.P that anything must be better than lining up old people in the cold all night

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:27 am
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 am

Oh, I don't know. They're probably the ones running into the power poles. :lol:

Still seems they could pass through the shot area and then sit for - what - 15 minutes in a parking area at the end, where somebody can check them out. What do I know - basically nothing - but I'd agree with Billy.P that anything must be better than lining up old people in the cold all night
I sat in a chair within sight of a glass cubicle. The woman was working with her back to me, but she was up and down a lot, maybe she looked. After 15 minutes a nurse came in and asked me how I felt. I said fine, she dismissed me.

Similar in cars would be easy.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:37 am
I sat in a chair within sight of a glass cubicle. The woman was working with her back to me, but she was up and down a lot, maybe she looked. After 15 minutes a nurse came in and asked me how I felt. I said fine, she dismissed me.

You probably would have been able to call out or smack on the glass - less effective in a car.

Much more distance to cover, many more bad and obstructed angles, much more glare, greater separation from emergency drugs, team and equipment.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:53 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:37 am

You probably would have been able to call out or smack on the glass - less effective in a car.

Much more distance to cover, many more bad and obstructed angles, much more glare, greater separation from emergency drugs, team and equipment.
Are you advocating that the old people wait freezing for 5 to 10 hours in super-spreader lines?

All I'm saying is doing it from cars is thousands of times better than that. Of course there are even better ways - Escambia County had a good one.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:56 am
Are you advocating that the old people wait freezing for 5 to 10 hours in super-spreader lines?

All I'm saying is doing it from cars is thousands of times better than that. Of course there are even better ways - Escambia County had a good one.
ALL that I'm saying is that cars would not be safe. Of course, you already know that since I was the first to post here about the stupid cruelty of the outdoor lines:
https://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/v ... 77#p131577

Other than by appointment like in Escambia County, the use of weather protected stadiums/arenas, aircraft hangars, warehouses, etc. comes to mind.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Last night the local news says that people can get the vaccine at Bristol Motor Speedway. I didn't catch the details.....was busy breaking the law.....so I don't know how fast they have to be going to get vaccinated over at Bristol. It did say that the event is at the drag strip area so I guess that means folks will be competing from a standing start.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:22 pm
Last night the local news says that people can get the vaccine at Bristol Motor Speedway. I didn't catch the details.....was busy breaking the law.....so I don't know how fast they have to be going to get vaccinated over at Bristol. It did say that the event is at the drag strip area so I guess that means folks will be competing from a standing start.
The covid flag is out

https://heraldcourier.com/news/local/co ... 565c5.html

O Really
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 pm

ALL that I'm saying is that cars would not be safe.
San Diego County would beg to differ.
Starting Monday, January 11, 2021, the Vaccination Super Station will be operating from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. seven days a week for healthcare workers (see list of who qualifies). Vaccines will only be administered to healthcare workers who have made an appointment online at www.VaccinationSuperStationSD.com. The County’s Vaccination Super Station will be located at the Padres-controlled Tailgate Lot, an expansive space located on Imperial Avenue near Petco Park. Health care workers will be required to present proof they are a health care worker when they arrive onsite. Health care workers will be able to stay in their vehicle to receive the vaccine shot and will remain onsite for 15-minutes to be monitored, once cleared, they can drive away.
https://www.countynewscenter.com/county ... -san-diego

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

So much safer than waiting on the sidewalk in 20° temps.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

O Really wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:09 pm
San Diego County would beg to differ.
Okay, IF the volumes are low enough, the monitors are numerous enough, universal visibility is maintained, the distance from emergency gear is small enough, and early departure is prevented. I see that this is a 'by appointment' system, not an alternative way of managing a chaotic 'first come first serve' system like we were originally discussing. Apples and oranges. Another improvement would be to require that recipients have someone in the car with them, but that may be too much to ask.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:14 pm
So much safer than waiting on the sidewalk in 20° temps.
Who are you trying to convince? We already established that it's not me.
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 pm
ALL that I'm saying is that cars would not be safe. Of course, you already know that since I was the first to post here about the stupid cruelty of the outdoor lines:
https://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/v ... 77#p131577

Other than by appointment like in Escambia County, the use of weather protected stadiums/arenas, aircraft hangars, warehouses, etc. comes to mind.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Well obviously the "warp speed" people overpromised and underperformed, not necessarily entirely their fault, but I'd rather have it done right and take longer than the scurry it through and create a bigger mess (you know who you are, Lee County et. al.). But having said that, I think it's a unique problem that deserves some creativity in solution that might not be so appropriate in another context.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Western florida may have gaetz but western NC is where the kraken woman makes her home

https://www.thedailybeast.com/even-for- ... e=Connatix

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:30 pm
Western florida may have gaetz but western NC is where the kraken woman makes her home

https://www.thedailybeast.com/even-for- ... rd-as-shit
We are very proud of her. Wingnuttiness like that is an achievement. We also have a lot of ex-military, like Escambia, and ex national security alphabet people. :thumbdown:
1312. ETTD.