Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Re: Guns, race, religion, terror, wingnut thread

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

O Really wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:True that. I'd rather give more credit to a lawyer from some South American banana republic than Alabama. The only difference is that Alabama doesn't have bananas.
Hey, Boat and I take exception to that,

but only a little
Says they about a state where something like 4 out of the last 5 governors got indicted or run out on a rail. Where the Chief Justice of the AL Supreme Court gets disbarred for refusing to abide by SCOTUS decisions. That re-elected that same Chief Justice after he had already been run off and disbarred once before. I would think the "exception" would be very little. Besides, I figure there's a good reason you guys don't live in Alabama anymore. As if you needed one.

https://washingtonspectator.org/did-kar ... n-to-jail/

"Although Rove has left the White House and is living in Texas, and would probably try to assert executive privilege were his White House records regarding the Siegelman case subpoenaed, he shouldn’t be allowed to walk. The only party to testify under oath in the case described Republican campaign aides setting up Siegelman for prosecution in Alabama while Rove pushed the Justice Department in Washington to ensure that Siegelman’s prosecution moved forward.
This wouldn’t be the first time that Rove used contacts within the Justice Department to destroy the career of a political adversary. Siegelman’s prosecution bears a striking familiarity to the FBI investigation of Texas Agriculture Commissioner Jim Hightower in 1990, and the conviction of two of his aides.
Like Siegelman, Hightower was the “golden boy” of Democratic politics in his state. Until he decided to run for re-election"

I hate to say it but my hometown has fallen into the republican abyss, but back in the day George hated Auburn. He referred to us as that liberal town and wouldn't say the name, cut funding anywhere he could and never spoke there. We had to go to Opelika to get kicked out of his speeches.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

White supremacist mocked after proposing the 'WAACP'

... "If we want to have a white state, or a white community or a white homeland we should be able to have that," Wiginton told The Battalion. "We respect that for all people. If we look at the NAACP, black people have the right to have that. Why can't white people have a WAACP?" ...

No prizes for deducing what he thinks the N in NAACP stands for
I don't think they know what any of those letters mean. Smh
my god. That's a ripe combination of ignorant and unbelievably offensive.
This rockets to the top of my They Can't Be That Stupid list.
Turn this on its head. Let's actually go ahead and form a WAACP: White Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Bye, Wiginton!
:lol:
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
O Really wrote:True that. I'd rather give more credit to a lawyer from some South American banana republic than Alabama. The only difference is that Alabama doesn't have bananas.

but only a little
Actually, I tend to agree with it. 100%, here lately.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Vrede too wrote:
White supremacist mocked after proposing the 'WAACP'

... "If we want to have a white state, or a white community or a white homeland we should be able to have that," Wiginton told The Battalion. "We respect that for all people. If we look at the NAACP, black people have the right to have that. Why can't white people have a WAACP?" ...

No prizes for deducing what he thinks the N in NAACP stands for
I don't think they know what any of those letters mean. Smh
my god. That's a ripe combination of ignorant and unbelievably offensive.
This rockets to the top of my They Can't Be That Stupid list.
Turn this on its head. Let's actually go ahead and form a WAACP: White Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Bye, Wiginton!
:lol:
Trump voter.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

but only a little

You may be right, but

The NW Fla I live in is way more crazy stupid than the Auburn I grew up in

I gladly would have left here 15 years ago, but the places I wanted to go wouldn't allow me to buy health insurance because I supposedly had a pre-existing condition

dump ass me went along with doctor suggestion that I tell him I was depressed to get stop smoking drug covered by insurance
I only took 2 pills, felt weird, stopped taking them and went back to pot. I haven't had tobacco in 18 years
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

If you're gonna feel weird, might as well intend it.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

but only a little

You may be right, but

I gladly would have left here 15 years ago, but the places I wanted to go wouldn't allow me to buy health insurance because I supposedly had a pre-existing condition

dump ass me went along with doctor suggestion that I tell him I was depressed to get stop smoking drug covered by insurance
I only took 2 pills, felt weird, stopped taking them and went back to pot. I haven't had tobacco in 18 years
Smoke em if you got em, bro. I left Bama in 75 and ain't lived there since. But I have enough family still there to draw us back 3-4 times each year. Leaving upstate SC and heading back to Coffee County is like going to some 3rd world shithole. Like an SNL sketch where you can't change the channel. Best thing about a trip back to LA is that it makes SC seem near progressive by comparison.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I've been there. I've seen that hideous bug monument they've got in Enterprise. What language is it they speak around there?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Boatrocker wrote:
billy.pilgrim wrote:

but only a little

You may be right, but

Smoke em if you got em, bro. I left Bama in 75 and ain't lived there since. But I have enough family still there to draw us back 3-4 times each year. Leaving upstate SC and heading back to Coffee County is like going to some 3rd world shithole. Like an SNL sketch where you can't change the channel. Best thing about a trip back to LA is that it makes SC seem near progressive by comparison.
I also left in 75, but nashville was too cold and central florida was too northern (people like O Really asked me what language I spoke) and here I am in Florida's version of lower alabama, stuck between naval air station pensacola and Eglin airforce base and retired military and rednecks everywhere.

Timing sucks, with the aca I can now move to another state, but my business is stuck here.

My trips back to Auburn help me realize what a third world country I now live in.

Aside from Costa Rica, everywhere I want to go is too cold. As Jesse said after turning down the draft, me I want to live in Dixie with my head in the cool blue north

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:I've been there. I've seen that hideous bug monument they've got in Enterprise. What language is it they speak around there?

Don't you be making no fun of the way I talk.

O Really
Admiral

Can't say about you, billy, but even you'd have to admit that people around Coffee County where Boat's relatives live have a pretty extreme dialect. So how do I know? One of our clients is a large national security company and they do some work around the Ft. Rucker area. A few years ago, they had a harassment problem and I drew the short straw. Over three days, I interviewed about 15 people who spoke about as clearly as you'd expect from people for whom English is not a first language. Ate some good catfish while I was there, though.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:Can't say about you, billy, but even you'd have to admit that people around Coffee County where Boat's relatives live have a pretty extreme dialect. So how do I know? One of our clients is a large national security company and they do some work around the Ft. Rucker area. A few years ago, they had a harassment problem and I drew the short straw. Over three days, I interviewed about 15 people who spoke about as clearly as you'd expect from people for whom English is not a first language. Ate some good catfish while I was there, though.
You'd love Louisiana. That shit ain't English and it ain't French, either.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote: You'd love Louisiana. That shit ain't English and it ain't French, either.
Tru dat. But I've spent enough time around New Orleans to have developed an ear for it. No offense, but I have no intention whatsoever of spending that much time in Alabama.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:Can't say about you, billy, but even you'd have to admit that people around Coffee County where Boat's relatives live have a pretty extreme dialect. So how do I know? One of our clients is a large national security company and they do some work around the Ft. Rucker area. A few years ago, they had a harassment problem and I drew the short straw. Over three days, I interviewed about 15 people who spoke about as clearly as you'd expect from people for whom English is not a first language. Ate some good catfish while I was there, though.

The catfish likely came from an agent orange polluted pond in viet nam

And don't forget, William Faulkner spoke Southern - both dialects

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boatrocker wrote:
You'd love Louisiana. That shit ain't English and it ain't French, either.
They keep coming to Pensacola. I love the food and have learned the language. Although it did take years of, what in the hell did you just say

My NYC wife understood them from the get-go and says it has a NY sound

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

O Really wrote:
Boatrocker wrote: You'd love Louisiana. That shit ain't English and it ain't French, either.
Tru dat. But I've spent enough time around New Orleans to have developed an ear for it. No offense, but I have no intention whatsoever of spending that much time in Alabama.

New Orleans is not what Boat is talking about. Go South from NO into a whole new world

Alohrs pas: of course not
An ahnvee: hunger; e.g. “I got an ahnvee for some boudin.”
Boudin: a kind of sausage
Are you getting down?: Are you getting out of the car?
Axe: ask
Ax: ask
Bag daer: back there
Bahbin: a pouting facial expression; e.g. “When I told him he couldn’t go fishing, he made a big bahbin.”
Bebette: a bug or a critter
Beb: sweetheart; darling
Bigarno: a snail; what the French call an escargot

Blow: a ceiling fan
Bonne homme: a drawn image or object resembling a male figure, like a GI-Joe for example

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

O Really wrote:
None taken. I limit my exposure, also.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

I took a road trip down south once. Not just down to North Dakota and northern Minnesota, but WAY down south into Wisconsin and Michigan. It's didn't seem so bad.

Granted, the cult based on a giant Québécois lumberjack and his cow was a bit creepy.

Sometime Lefty
Flight Lieutenant

Unread post by Sometime Lefty »

Rstrong, what outdoor temperature do you consider warm? hot? and cold? and coldest you been in?