President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
k9nanny
General

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by k9nanny »

Look at the twit's tweets regarding Harvey. They're all rah-rah-rah, sis-boom-ba.
He is so far removed, so lacking in empathy, much less dignity.

And, then I saw this. My doctor has suggested I suffer from acid reflux. No. It's crap like this that chokes me on bile.
image.jpeg
Se Non Ora, Quando?

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

k9nanny wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:22 am
... And, then I saw this. My doctor has suggested I suffer from acid reflux. No. It's crap like this that chokes me on bile.
That one might be useful the day after election day 2018.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:21 pm
IDK if it was smart PR or not. There seems to be a lot of criticism of the pardon, then on top of that criticism of the timing as being so obviously manipulative.
I don't know if the headline is fully accurate, but that it can even be a headline suggests that President* Trump screwed up again.

Trump Pardons Convicted Ex-Sheriff Overshadowing Harvey Response

I'm somewhat encouraged by the outrage, including from McCain and Ryan. I'm feeling okay with the way it worked out. Arpaio was beat up by the courts, Maricopa taxpayers are paying the enormous bills, he was humiliated at the ballot box, racism lost this fight, he's very old and will die soon anyhow, AND Dolt .45 has been shamed by his endorsement of law breaking and racism and his transparently cowardly timing.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 am
k9nanny wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:12 pm
We are doomed. How did this madman get elected?

An hour after he tweeted condolences to Barcelona, he tweeted
Study what General Pershing of the United States did to terrorists when caught. There was no more Radical Islamic Terror for 35 years!
Did no one set him straight when he brought up the pig blood myth last year? Argh!!!!!!!
Trump reacts to Barcelona terror by touting (debunked) anti-Muslim war crime tale

There are true accounts of the brutal suppression and war crimes we perpetrated in the Philippines after having promised independence, no need for Dolt .45 to pass on false ones.

Mark Twain, "Comments on the Moro Massacre" (1906)
Great minds ...

Trump's claim that a general dipped bullets in pigs' blood is fake news – but the US massacre of Moro Muslims isn't
Pershing had left the islands and the Philippine-US war was officially over when the Americans slaughtered the Moro Muslims in their hundreds – men, women and children. With Trump-like enthusiasm, Republican President Theodore Roosevelt congratulated the US commanders on their 'brilliant feat of arms'

... or I'm secretly a writer for The Independent.
1312. ETTD.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

"Tremendous drugs are pouring into the United States."
- Donald Trump, press conference, August 28, 2017

k9nanny
General

Unread post by k9nanny »

rstrong wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 am
I saw the whole thing this afternoon, and it was absolutely disgusting. The Wall is the only subject on which he can speak extemporaneously. Mexico is going to pay for it, one way or another.

He defended the pardon of "Sheriff Joe" ad nauseum, and had a prepared list of Clinton and Obama pardons. When he reads a prepared statement, he reminds me of middle school boys reading aloud in class. Poor Joe, he was treated so unfairly right before the election. And I lost count of how many times the Asshole-in-Chief reminded us how many times Arpaio had been reelected.

When questioned about the timing of his pardon announcement, he said he thought the ratings would be higher. ?!?!?!

What got me the most, during a question about protecting the Arctic- we're going to have the cleanest air, the cleanest water ... ever.

Whether it's Harvey, drugs, or relationships with other countries, everything is answered with superlatives.

That man makes me sick to my stomach.
Quite a contrast to the yummy President of Finland.
Se Non Ora, Quando?

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

k9nanny wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:36 am
rstrong wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:34 am
I saw the whole thing this afternoon, and it was absolutely disgusting. The Wall is the only subject on which he can speak extemporaneously. Mexico is going to pay for it, one way or another.

He defended the pardon of "Sheriff Joe" ad nauseum, and had a prepared list of Clinton and Obama pardons. When he reads a prepared statement, he reminds me of middle school boys reading aloud in class. Poor Joe, he was treated so unfairly right before the election. And I lost count of how many times the Asshole-in-Chief reminded us how many times Arpaio had been reelected.

When questioned about the timing of his pardon announcement, he said he thought the ratings would be higher. ?!?!?!

What got me the most, during a question about protecting the Arctic- we're going to have the cleanest air, the cleanest water ... ever.

Whether it's Harvey, drugs, or relationships with other countries, everything is answered with superlatives.

That man makes me sick to my stomach.
Quite a contrast to the yummy President of Finland.
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/28/trump ... d-in-1939/

“Finland has been respected by Russia. Finland has been free of Russia, one of the few countries that have been for 100 years. And Russia has a lot of respect for Finland, so that’s always good. I think Finland is doing fine with Russia. And I hope that the United States will someday be able to have a very good relationship with Russia also,” Trump said, in effect implying that the relationship between Finland and Russia is “very good.”

We should all appreciate the history lessons and the time this president takes to teach. Amazing that we have had it so wrong.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:40 am
http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/28/trump ... d-in-1939/

“Finland has been respected by Russia. Finland has been free of Russia, one of the few countries that have been for 100 years. And Russia has a lot of respect for Finland, so that’s always good. I think Finland is doing fine with Russia. And I hope that the United States will someday be able to have a very good relationship with Russia also,” Trump said, in effect implying that the relationship between Finland and Russia is “very good.”

We should all appreciate the history lessons and the time this president takes to teach. Amazing that we have had it so wrong.
:lol:
... Finland and Russia fought two devastating wars during World War II called the Winter War in 1939 and the Continuation War in 1944. Both wars resulted in 90,000 casualties on the Finnish side and 320,000 on the Russian end. The Winter War began when Joseph Stalin invaded in the winter of 1939-1940.

Although Finland managed to successfully fight off a full-scale invasion despite being hopelessly outmatched, the country nevertheless had to cede at least 10 percent of its pre-war territory to Russia. In the aftermath of World War II and during the Cold War, the Soviet Union completely dominated Finland’s foreign policy, though Finland did technically maintain independence.

More recently, Finland has supported sanctions against Russia and backed the NATO military alliance, even though it is not technically a formal member. As such, Finland has sent troops to Poland and other Baltic states to participate in military exercises designed to warn Russia of the consequences of invasion, effectively putting the lie to the idea that Finland and Russia have enjoyed and still enjoy a “very good” relationship.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Boat and I are going to the Zinke house for Thanksgiving

Zinke's vet daughter on trump

"This man is a disgrace. I've tried to keep politics out of my social media feed as much as possible, but this is inexcusable. This veteran says sit down and shut the fuck up, you know-nothing, never-served piece of shit. #itmfa #wtf"

#ITMFA stands for “Impeach the Motherfucker Already
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 am
Boat and I are going to the Zinke house for Thanksgiving ...
Ryan Zinke ???

#ITMFA
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:26 am
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:07 am
Boat and I are going to the Zinke house for Thanksgiving ...
Ryan Zinke ???

#ITMFA

Yep

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2017/8/2 ... =emaildkre

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

GoCubsGo wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:18 am
Feeding on each other. ;)

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/2 ... ham-242128
"Trump said Tuesday that the understaffing of the executive branch under his administration has been a conscious choice as part of a larger effort to shrink government" and I have the biggest flood ever and can stare at the sun.

"Of 591 key positions that require Senate confirmation ... 366 are currently without a nominee."

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

GoCubsGo wrote:

Is that the same as eating their own?

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

O Really wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 pm
GoCubsGo wrote:

Is that the same as eating their own?
That would be the same.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

the feast continues

and the EOs keep coming
full speed ahead, damn the regulations

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... spartanntp

"because of Trump's rollback of Obama's Federal Flood Risk Management Standards, experts across the political spectrum say much of the federal money sent to Texas will likely be wasted on construction that will be insufficiently protected from the next storm.
"We will rebuild things that should not be rebuilt and ... in ways that are less safe and secure than they should be," Eli Lehrer, president of the DC free-market think tank R Street Institute, told Business Insider."

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

The Beaverton: Trump appoints Hurricane Harvey head of FEMA
President Donald Trump has shocked Washington insiders by naming the Category 4 storm currently battering Houston as his head of the disaster relief agency FEMA....

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

:D
... Trump’s appointment of a natural disaster to run an agency devoted to disaster relief was considered a natural choice by political experts, given his history of selecting a climate change denialist to head the Environmental Protection Agency, and a lifelong opponent of public schools as the Secretary of Education....

I have yet to see a single Jimmy Stewart, six-foot, three-and-a-half-inch tall invisible rabbit (pooka) reference or joke and haven't come up with a good one of my own. Maybe not enough of us are still around that remember.
1312. ETTD.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

Make Amurka Trashy Agin!

Utterly classless. Completely expected.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Boatrocker wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:27 pm
Make Amurka Trashy Agin!

Utterly classless. Completely expected.
Trump knows the taste (or lack thereof) of his followers. Thus the gimme truckers hats. Probably have some wife-beater MAGA shirts, too.