Can't make this (stuff) up

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
1 CAT FAN
Ensign

Re: Can't make this (stuff) up

Unread post by 1 CAT FAN »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:42 am
Whack9 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:13 pm
Gas-Sniffing Russian Bears Addicted To Aviation Fuel

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/03/18/ ... 01263.html
During a seven-month stint with these critters — there are about 700 brown bears living in the reserve — photographer Igor Shpilenok captured unnerving scenes of their strange habit.

In the images, bears hover over the barrels for good long spells, drawing deeply from the fumes. They they paw up the earth to dig a shallow hole — and promptly collapse in it.
I don't blame them. I'd huff me some gas, too if I was in Russia. Hell, if trump gets re elected, I'll definitely be far into the highest octane stuff I can get my hands on by the end of next year.
Stock up.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:21 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

During a seven-month stint with these critters — there are about 700 brown bears living in the reserve — photographer Igor Shpilenok captured unnerving scenes of their strange habit.

In the images, bears hover over the barrels for good long spells, drawing deeply from the fumes. They they paw up the earth to dig a shallow hole — and promptly collapse in it.
I don't blame them. I'd huff me some gas, too if I was in Russia. Hell, if trump gets re elected, I'll definitely be far into the highest octane stuff I can get my hands on by the end of next year.
Stock up.
:lol: Cultist. Gun up. Mask up. Fear up. Hate up. Bear up. Cultist.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

1 CAT FAN wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

Stock up.
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:11 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Nah, just poking fun at what was once pretty common; toluene was an ingredient in model car glue back in the sixties; evidently there was a time when a lot of folks were sniffing it; so much so that they stopped using it in glue and put in something that was probably even more harmful when abused. I think this was back in the era when you could get five years for a joint roach.
I didn't really think that you huffed.
Never glue, but I tried huffing aerosol cans as a teen.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Unread post by Vrede too »

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:03 am
:lol: Oh, look, a cultist once again taking things out of context to advance his own "thoughts." Cultist.
Only a real dumbass cultist thinks that a brand of whiskey is only consumed by one side of the political spectrum.
S/he must be drunk.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:03 pm
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:25 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:03 am
:lol: Oh, look, a cultist once again taking things out of context to advance his own "thoughts." Cultist.
Only a real dumbass cultist thinks that a brand of whiskey is only consumed by one side of the political spectrum.
S/he must be drunk.
Drunk? Possible. Real dumbass and real dumbass cultist? No doubt about it. They say ignorance is bliss but I suspect it's just ignorance. Bliss is reserved for the advanced ignorant and the cat fan is at the head of the class. The best part is he's ignorant and doesn't know it. This always ends bad.

1 CAT FAN
Ensign

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:41 pm
1 CAT FAN wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Whack9 wrote:

Stock up.
Vrede too wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:11 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Nah, just poking fun at what was once pretty common; toluene was an ingredient in model car glue back in the sixties; evidently there was a time when a lot of folks were sniffing it; so much so that they stopped using it in glue and put in something that was probably even more harmful when abused. I think this was back in the era when you could get five years for a joint roach.
I didn't really think that you huffed.
Never glue, but I tried huffing aerosol cans as a teen.
Leftists.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Is this what 1 FAT CAN does in SC? I'll bet he's a natural at portraying gay, nttawwt, 15-year-old boys.
Man tried to seduce undercover officer with chicken alfredo

An Ashtabula County man who tried to seduce an underage victim with Chicken Alfredo and Sprite will serve seven days in the county jail.

Albert Maruna, now 23, was arrested in an Austintown sex sting back in December.

He thought he was talking to a 15-year-old boy online, but it was actually an undercover Austintown police officer.

Maruna arranged to meet the officer in Austintown. He planned to bring lubricant, Sprite and Chicken Alfredo to the date.

He’ll be on house arrest for 120 days and will have to register as a Tier One sex offender.
:confusion-scratchheadblue: So many questions:

Why can't a good looking guy like him get an offline date?
Is Chicken Alfredo an aphrodisiac?
What kind of lubricant goes with Sprite and Chicken Alfredo, and isn't wine a better "lubricant" than Sprite?
Only seven days?
Is it worth having undercover jail bait for just seven day sentences?

Q: Watcha in here for, Fat Albert?
A: Illicit Chicken Alfred.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

I always wondered where Trumpers come from:

Girl, 11, gave birth to baby allegedly fathered by brother

https://www.yahoo.com/news/girl-11-gave ... 00565.html

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:21 pm
In the next couple of days trump will ban the import of Corona beer from Mexico. He believes the coronavirus is due to Mexican beer. The cult will cheer bigly and wallow in more ignorance and juvenile silliness.
I find it disturbing when your unique imagination is reflected irl.

38% of Americans Won't Drink Corona Beer Right Now. Great, More for Us.

Now I'm going to have to be on the lookout for opera-trial tix.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:22 pm
neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:21 pm
In the next couple of days trump will ban the import of Corona beer from Mexico. He believes the coronavirus is due to Mexican beer. The cult will cheer bigly and wallow in more ignorance and juvenile silliness.
I find it disturbing when your unique imagination is reflected irl.

38% of Americans Won't Drink Corona Beer Right Now. Great, More for Us.

Now I'm going to have to be on the lookout for opera-trial tix.
:lol: Well, it's not very difficult to understand how trump and his inside boys think or look at things after three years of blatant exposure to it. I suspect they're planning at this moment how to leverage this medical issue into an election obstruction or interference or restriction of some kind. Whatever they're cooking up, it's guaranteed to be stone crazy or blatantly stupid. And, then, of course when whatever it is is called out for being stupid or crazy, the go to position is trump and the chorus to blame Democrats or the media or some other vague ill defined nonsense.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:40 pm
Well, it seems pretty obvious that by putting Mommy Pence in charge of it, Trump isn't very interested in seeing a quick end to the pandemic. When Pence was governor of Indiana, his major accomplishment was to exacerbate the HIV epidemic by blocking distribution of clean needles and syringes to drug users. And more.

The only silver lining may be that this finally wakes up enough Americans to the evil of Trump to vote him out of office.
Well, one would logically think so, but it's hard to predict what the stupid and trump drunk crowd will do. As long as he lies and tells them what they want to hear, they will stick with their cult leader no matter what. A steady flow of lies and incompetence and criminal insanity hasn't moved any of them an inch and in fact has only served to reinforce the stupidity and ignorance and incompetence. Nothing about the trump cult can be looked at empirically or logically with any expectation of rational explanation. It all emanates from that close to the bone aura of fear and hate they all share and it binds them together in exquisite madness.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Ulysses wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:54 am
neoplacebo wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 am
Ulysses wrote:
Well, it seems pretty obvious that by putting Mommy Pence in charge of it, Trump isn't very interested in seeing a quick end to the pandemic. When Pence was governor of Indiana, his major accomplishment was to exacerbate the HIV epidemic by blocking distribution of clean needles and syringes to drug users. And more.

The only silver lining may be that this finally wakes up enough Americans to the evil of Trump to vote him out of office.
Well, one would logically think so, but it's hard to predict what the stupid and trump drunk crowd will do. As long as he lies and tells them what they want to hear, they will stick with their cult leader no matter what. A steady flow of lies and incompetence and criminal insanity hasn't moved any of them an inch and in fact has only served to reinforce the stupidity and ignorance and incompetence. Nothing about the trump cult can be looked at empirically or logically with any expectation of rational explanation. It all emanates from that close to the bone aura of fear and hate they all share and it binds them together in exquisite madness.
There is that.

We're doomed to another for years of Trump, then.
Well, let's hope not. I still cling to the notion that there are more rational voters than dingbats but I won't bet the farm on that.

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Whack9
Commander

Unread post by Whack9 »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:39 pm
OMG that is so weird!
I'll give it to you for 125 if you're interested
I paid my fees to hip-hop college, sucka!

Limier than most
Red Shirt

Unread post by Limier than most »

Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

There is that.

Isn't part of your problem, like ours in UK, a bad voting system?

If more people vote Candidate A than Candidate B but farmers count double... are you a democracy?*

*clue: no.

O Really
Admiral

True democracy as a form of government is not as good as it sounds. Contrasted to a representative republic, in a true democracy everybody gets a vote on everything. There are some First Nation tribes with true democratic governments and it's very difficult to get anything passed.

Limier than most
Red Shirt

Unread post by Limier than most »

Ulysses wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:57 pm
Limier than most wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Ulysses wrote:
neoplacebo wrote:
Ulysses wrote:

There is that.

Isn't part of your problem, like ours in UK, a bad voting system?

If more people vote Candidate A than Candidate B but farmers count double... are you a democracy?*

*clue: no.
Well, yes and no. In terms of the Electoral College, yes, a vote in, say California, has about 1/4 (approx, I forget the exact figure, but it's significant) the influence over the final result in the general election as would a vote in a rural state like Wyoming. I'm guessing the UK has a similar weighting of selection of prime minister, although in your case the PM is elected by Parliament, not by direct vote. I don't think we'll ever go from the EC to direct vote, at least not in my lifetime, but anyone who values democracy would probably want it gone as much as I do.

Here's a fun article on the subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... l-college/

UK system is constituency = appx. 100000 voters.
Elects representative to be sent to Parliament (your Congress).

Most numerous party among MPs (Members of Parliament) becomes Government. Party leader becomes PM.

PM is not directly elected.

No weighting; vote = vote.

O Really
Admiral

Ulysses wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:30 am

At some point it will get fixed, but like I said, I don't know that I'll ever see it.
It's not going to get stricken from the books in our lifetime, but don't forget the several (and maybe growing number) states that have changed their law to give their electoral votes to the popular vote winner. If enough do that, and the Electoral College will be neutered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... te_Compact

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

I just saw a picture of my congressman on the House floor wearing a gas mask.
Why is my congressman on the House floor wearing a gas mask?
Please don't tell me, I could have read the article if I wanted to know. I really don't want to know, but finding myself in the position to ask, why is my congressman on the House floor wearing a gas mask?, I wanted to ask the question.

Okay, all done now.
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”