President* Trump

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: President* Trump

Unread post by Vrede too »

GoCubsGo wrote:Image

:clap:
Is that a glitch or is it making fun of President* Trump? If the latter, which arena. I don't know hockey logos.
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Dallas Stars. Intentional.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

photoshop or everyone on screen would be drop jawed hand over mouth pointing if 1.5 million had been up for more than a second

but I hope it was real
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

rstrong wrote:
Vrede too wrote:Were there some good marches in Canada? Did you join in?
Toronto and Vancouver had marches:
Organizers in Canada say they were taken aback by the size of the crowds in their individual communities. When Deb Parent filled out the form for a permit at Queen’s Park in Toronto for the Saturday march, she wrote that she anticipated 3,000 participants. Some media estimates put the crowd at 20 times that number.
I haven't heard of any here in Winnipeg. No doubt there was something somewhere, but it hasn't made the news even after the fact.

Winnipeg news services will only report on anything from a march to a science fiction convention after it happens. Before that it's advertising, not news, and would cut into ad revenue if they reported on it for free. Since I no longer having any connections to the university crowd, local events are strictly a past-tense thing.
That sucks about your local media. I guess there was one: Women's March - Winnipeg, MB, Canada.

Found it listed on:

https://www.womensmarch.com/
"We did it! On January 21, over 5 Million of us worldwide and over 1 Million in Washington, D.C., came to march, speak and make our voices heard...."

SISTER MARCHES
"NUMBER OF MARCHES: 673
SISTER MARCHERS (EST): 4,834,000"

Lots more international ones listed there than I knew of, including:

Women's March - Antarctica
Off the coast of the Antarctic Peninsula• Neko Harbor, Antarctic Peninsula, Antarctica

"We are an international group of eco-minded visitors on an expedition ship to Antarctica."

Women's March - Ross Sea, Antarctica
Balleny Islands• Ross Sea, Ross Sea, Antarctica Ship Deck

The last time I remember anything like this was before the Iraq War. I marched with about 75K in Amsterdam then, and we were correct.
Last edited by Vrede too on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Dallas Stars Troll Trump With 1.5 Million In Attendance

:lol: :thumbup:
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

The Dallas Stars Troll Trump With 1.5 Million In Attendance

Ditto.... :lol: :thumbup:

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Has anyone else seen this?

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

r*strong wrote:"Has anyone else seen this?"
Yep....in GoCubsGo and Vrede*too's posts above....duh!

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Mr.B wrote:
r*strong wrote:"Has anyone else seen this?"
Yep....in GoCubsGo and Vrede*too's posts above....duh!
Hint: That was the joke. Vrede posted it, GoCubsGo posted it again, you followed it up with "Ditto", and so I posted it again.

I know this comes as a shock to you, but there's more to humor than what you repost from your alt-right sites.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo posted it, I just quoted him in my response since it was a new page.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Mr.B wrote:" Tell me again how many women's rights PRESIDENT TRUMP has taken away since he was sworn into office....."
The one photo that shows exactly why women are fighting Trump
Martin Belam Verified account
‏@MartinBelam

As long as you live you'll never see a photograph of 7 women signing legislation about what men can do with their reproductive organs

1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

r*strong wrote:"Hint: That was the joke."
You're not serious!? You? Make a joke? Wait a minute...gotta go get the nitro..3-2-1-
I'm back. You deem joking as non-existent, and then have the unmitigated gall to say "That was the joke".
You're the joke here.

"Vrede posted it, GoCubsGo posted it again, you followed it up with "Ditto", and so I posted it again."
My "ditto" was a repeat of Vrede's :lol: :thumbup:

"I know this comes as a shock to you, but there's more to humor than what you repost from your alt-right sites."
As you just well demonstrated. Thanks.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

/
Last edited by Mr.B on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rstrong
Captain

Unread post by rstrong »

Vrede too wrote:As long as you live you'll never see a photograph of 7 women signing legislation about what men can do with their reproductive organs
If it helps, these are FEDERAL Republicans, AFTER an election. Which means that while they may have made anti-abortion noises during the campaign, they'll continue the post-election abortion policy of every administration - Republican and Democrat - since Nixon. And so their photo-op is about overseas funding only, and has no effect whatsoever on Americans.

This is the standard meaningless gesture Republicans make when they gain office. Cut funding to overseas women's services, even though it might *increase* the number of abortions. They can say "See? We did something!", and then ignore the issue for the rest of their time in office. Democrats will have their own photo-op when they restore funding in four years.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

I didn't write that and the point is its very meaningful impact on women, not Americans.
1312. ETTD.

Mr.B
A bad person.

Unread post by Mr.B »

r*strong wrote:
Vrede*too wrote:As long as you live you'll never see a photograph of 7 women signing legislation about what men can do with their reproductive organs
If it helps, these are FEDERAL Republicans, AFTER an election. Which means that while they may have made anti-abortion noises during the campaign, they'll continue the post-election abortion policy of every administration - Republican and Democrat - since Nixon. And so their photo-op is about overseas funding only, and has no effect whatsoever on Americans.

This is the standard meaningless gesture Republicans make when they gain office. Cut funding to overseas women's services, even though it might *increase* the number of abortions. They can say "See? We did something!", and then ignore the issue for the rest of their time in office. Democrats will have their own photo-op when they restore funding in four years.
Vrede*too didn't read his own link.

Boatrocker
Lieutenant Commander

Unread post by Boatrocker »

GOP Senator to President Trump: Stop Claiming ‘Illegals’ Cost You Popular Vote
"To continue to suggest that the 2016 election was conducted in a fashion that millions of people voted illegally undermines faith in our democracy," Senator Lindsay Graham of South Carolina told reporters in a hallway of the Dirksen Senate Office Building in D.C. "It's not coming from a candidate for the office, it's coming from the man who holds the office. So I am begging the president, share with us the information you have about this or please stop saying it . . . As a matter of fact I'd like you to do more than stop saying it," he said. "I'd like you to come forward and say having looked at it I am confident the election was fair and accurate and people who voted voted legally. Cause if he doesn't do that, this is going to undermine his ability to govern this country."
Even Lindsay Graham is calling out the Pussy-Grabber-in-Chief. At least, when he's not rubber-stamping his nominees.
In an interview Tuesday with NBC, Trump supporter Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, insisted "there is data out there" to back up the president's claim — but said he believes the figure was closer to 2.4 million. King said he came up with the figure by doing "an extrapolation calculation on how many illegals could have or could be voting in the United States. So it's plausible the number, three million sounds like it's a plausible number to me," he said.
Alternate facts from überidiot Steve King.
I will not lie down.
I will not go quietly.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

thumper to be so so transparent

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... -freeze-an...

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration has instituted what it described as a temporary media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding any new contracts or grants.
Emails sent to EPA staff since President Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday and reviewed by The Associated Press detailed specific prohibitions banning press releases, blog updates or posts to the agency's social media accounts.
The Trump administration has also ordered what it called a temporary suspension of all new business activities at the department, including issuing task orders or work assignments to EPA contractors. The orders were expected to have a significant and immediate impact on EPA activities nationwide.
Similar orders barring external communications have been issued by the Trump administration at other federal agencies in recent days, including the Agriculture and Interior departments.