Impeachment

Generally an unmoderated forum for discussion of pretty much any topic. The focus however, is usually politics.
Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Re: Impeachment

Unread post by Vrede too »

Since the current Trumpette/Repug whine is over wanting a dumb impeachment inquiry vote, here's a good summation of the responses to them:

Why not vote? Democrats say it's impeachment either way
A clown with a flamethrower still has a flamethrower.
-- Charlie Sykes on MSNBC
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm
More problems for the Rudy/POSPOTUS Ukraine cabal:

Former ambassador to Ukraine says Trump pushed to oust her

I'm almost more excited by the prospect of Rudy going to prison than I am by the prospect of impeachment and conviction of POSPOTUS, almost.
We have a new covfefe boy!

Donald Trump distances himself from Rudy Giuliani: 'He has been my attorney'
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

SIGN NOW: DEMAND AG BARR AND SEC. POMPEO RECUSE THEMSELVES FROM THE IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY

If they don't, they're adding to the campaign law felony, treason and obstruction criminal charges against them.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 pm
The GOP rats are starting to desert the rapidly sinking POSPOTUS ship. Before long there will be a traffic jam at the lifeboats.

Defining 'desertion' pretty loosely, the list is now:
Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
Sen. Susan Collins (ME)
Sen. Rob Portman (OH)
Sen. Ron Johnson (WI)
Sen. Lamar Alexander (TN)
Sen. Rob Portman (OH)
Rep. John Shimkus (IL)
Rep. Mark Amodei (NV)
Rep. Will Hurd (TX)
Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (PA)
Rep. John Curtis (UT)
Former Rep. Joe Walsh (IL)
Former Governor John Kasich (OH)
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell
Judge Napolitano
Tucker Carlson
Pentagon chief vows to cooperate with impeachment probe

US Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Sunday the Pentagon would cooperate with the congressional impeachment inquiry -- in an apparent break with President Donald Trump's policy to thwart the probe.

Esper said his department would try to comply with a subpoena from House Democrats seeking records relating to the withholding of US military aid to Ukraine.

"We will do everything we can to cooperate with the Congress," Esper said on CBS's Face The Nation.

His reassurance came days after the White House announced it would not cooperate with the Democratic-led House of Representatives, calling its impeachment push illegitimate and unconstitutional.
No telling yet what Republican war hero Mark Esper will say, so I'm not adding his name yet, but this degree of rebellion against POSPOTUS may be significant. I am adding Former Ohio governor John Kasich, who's mentioned at the end of the article.

Comment:
It's getting closer. Trump might be waving goodbye shortly.

1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

http://www.blueridgedebate.com/forum/vi ... uz#p102920
O Really wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:07 am
So Ted Cruz has always been a sleazebag and probably always will. During the Republican primary, he said awful things about Trump, and put up with many personal insults. Then, he turned into a Trump-toady. Now he says it was "of course not" appropriate for Trump to ask China to investigate Biden.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/ted-cruz ... 34601.html

Which brings up a question - Why aren't people like Cruz and the rest of the Clown Car primary participants not screaming "I told you so"? They don't have to turn away from the President* - they said he was trouble from the start and their "turning" has been a fake "support" for self-preservation. But now would seem time to point out they were "right" back in 2016.
Thanks.
Vrede too wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:41 pm
The GOP rats are starting to desert the rapidly sinking POSPOTUS ship. Before long there will be a traffic jam at the lifeboats.

Sen. Susan Collins (ME)
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
Sen. Ron Johnson (WI)
Sen. Rob Portman (OH)
Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
Rep. Mark Amodei (NV)
Rep. John Curtis (UT)
Rep. Will Hurd (TX)
Rep. John Shimkus (IL)
Judge Napolitano
Tucker Carlson
Assuming Dem/Ind unanimity, 20 Repug Senators would have to be "rats" (patriots) in order to convict and remove. Seems unlikely, but the list above was impossible just a month ago. We'll see.
1312. ETTD.

O Really
Admiral

Unread post by O Really »

Generally unmentioned, but true nonetheless is that few Republicans would publicly commit to a willingness to boot Trump until the actual time to vote arises no matter what they think now. At some point, after official impeachment begins, some might say "I support the President* but I will review the evidence with an open mind..." Eventually, somebody, like maybe Romney, is going to say "the evidence presented is compelling..." McConnell will be calculating constantly whether it's better for him personally to hold the line or to proclaim his encouragement to his colleagues to "vote their own conscience" or some such drivel. But if - big if - the Dems can manage to paint their case for removal in such a way as to make the offence seem inexcusable, then Trump's toast. But it's a public belief/perception project, not a legal one. If it were only a legal one, Trump would have long been gone or never elected.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:25 pm
It took a long time, but has pretty much methodically been happening forever; this particular phase is mostly a reaction to the New Deal. Then as now, the popular support doesn’t fit the agenda and must be minimalized, while the agenda must be disavowed at all costs. Remember when ALEC was a conspiracy pushed by liberals; then suddenly ALEC was nothing but old news after several state legislators let some of ALEC’s letterhead slip through on their ALEC written bills. The agenda must be protected until it can’t be (trump or whatever), then they simply walk away and deny they ever said/did/supported whatever/whoever....
Your boy is being a big fat crybaby, again:

'Gaetz-crasher': Here's why a Republican lawmaker was barred from closed-door testimony
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Unread post by neoplacebo »

Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:37 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:25 pm
It took a long time, but has pretty much methodically been happening forever; this particular phase is mostly a reaction to the New Deal. Then as now, the popular support doesn’t fit the agenda and must be minimalized, while the agenda must be disavowed at all costs. Remember when ALEC was a conspiracy pushed by liberals; then suddenly ALEC was nothing but old news after several state legislators let some of ALEC’s letterhead slip through on their ALEC written bills. The agenda must be protected until it can’t be (trump or whatever), then they simply walk away and deny they ever said/did/supported whatever/whoever....
Your boy is being a big fat crybaby, again:

'Gaetz-crasher': Here's why a Republican lawmaker was barred from closed-door testimony
He looks like some sort of menacing maniacal version of Donny Osmond. I can visualize him driving at top speed with gritted teeth and his face right up as far as he can get it to the windshield in a feverish effort to get to DC from Florida. Then he gets pulled over and as soon as the trooper gets up to him and Matt opens the car door, he pukes on the officer's shiny boots. It's like a fucking Gomer Pyle moment. The trooper starts shaking and turning red and Matt makes a run for it but the trooper shoots him in the back of the head from his position behind the car. This has already happened twice; it's why Matt is so fucked up.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:18 pm
He looks like some sort of menacing maniacal version of Donny Osmond.
:lol: Labeled because it is very hard to tell them apart.

Spoiler:
Gaetz
Spoiler:
Donny
I can visualize him driving at top speed with gritted teeth and his face right up as far as he can get it to the windshield in a feverish effort to get to DC from Florida. Then he gets pulled over and as soon as the trooper gets up to him and Matt opens the car door, he pukes on the officer's shiny boots. It's like a fucking Gomer Pyle moment. The trooper starts shaking and turning red and Matt makes a run for it but the trooper shoots him in the back of the head from his position behind the car. This has already happened twice; it's why Matt is so fucked up.
billy.pilgrim talks about how he skated on a DUI.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Gaet ... ng_tickets

Florida State University, figures.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

Probably fucks his sister Marie, too. Sick puppy Honestly, I could not tell the difference between the two. Not sure what Marie has to say. Continuing on this lookalike thing, I read today that my avatar's human counterpart, the CEO of Boeing, has been jettisoned due to estimated prophet reasons. It's always hard to handle when a Max Headroom clone gets kicked to the side of the vast expanse of the commercial airways.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

neoplacebo wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:37 pm
... Continuing on this lookalike thing, I read today that my avatar's human counterpart, the CEO of Boeing, has been jettisoned due to estimated prophet reasons. It's always hard to handle when a Max Headroom clone gets kicked to the side of the vast expanse of the commercial airways.
:D

ImageImage
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-twe ... 08324.html
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

... Impeach the Pres.
:wtf: , but I agree. :thumbup: :clap:

Bolton Objected to Ukraine Pressure Campaign, Calling Giuliani 'a Hand Grenade'
Vrede too wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:19 am

POTUS Donald J. Trump ;)
Sen. Susan Collins (ME)
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
Sen. Ron Johnson (WI)
Sen. Rob Portman (OH)
Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
Rep. Mark Amodei (NV)
Rep. John Curtis (UT)
Rep. Will Hurd (TX)
Rep. John Shimkus (IL)
Former national security adviser John R. Bolton :wtf:
Judge Napolitano
Tucker Carlson

Assuming Dem/Ind unanimity, 20 Repug Senators would have to be "rats" (patriots) in order to convict and remove. Seems unlikely, but the list above was impossible just a month ago. We'll see.
I love a good RWNJ fight as they all scramble to blame each other for the catastrophes they jointly created.
Mmmm, popcorn.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Vrede too wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm
I'm almost more excited by the prospect of Rudy going to prison than I am by the prospect of impeachment and conviction of POSPOTUS, almost.
Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney is going down, too.

State Department official tells Congress that Mick Mulvaney helped organize controversial Ukraine meeting: report

:---P

MAGA = Making Aides Get Attorneys
1312. ETTD.

billy.pilgrim
Admiral

Unread post by billy.pilgrim »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ays-later/

Only once has Gallup seen more support for removing a president.

Nixon was gone 4 days later
Trump: “We had the safest border in the history of our country - or at least recorded history. I guess maybe a thousand years ago it was even better.”

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Please, please let history repeat itself. I'm really ready.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

GoCubsGo wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:28 pm
billy.pilgrim wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:14 pm

Please, please let history repeat itself. I'm really ready.
Idk how likely either is, but I think that resignation is more likely than impeachment. Whether it's one of those, the 25th Amendment or waiting until the election, I think pretty much nothing gets done in govt other than EOs like the fucked up Syria pullout until he's gone.

Illegal and Dangerous

:---P More from Republicans for the Rule of Law:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4E4Nv ... PjcDNxStmA
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4E4Nv ... tmA/videos
Vrede too wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:36 pm

Sen. Susan Collins (ME)
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
Sen. Ron Johnson (WI)
Sen. Rob Portman (OH)
Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
Rep. Mark Amodei (NV)
Rep. John Curtis (UT)
Rep. Will Hurd (TX)
Rep. John Shimkus (IL)
Former national security adviser John R. Bolton
Judge Napolitano
Tucker Carlson
Republicans for the Rule of Law

I love a good RWNJ fight as they all scramble to blame each other for the catastrophes they jointly created.
Mmmm, popcorn.
1312. ETTD.

neoplacebo
Admiral of the Fleet

I really don't think trump can last until next November and am predicting he will resign sometime before then due to "medical" reasons.

GoCubsGo
Admiral

Unread post by GoCubsGo »

neoplacebo wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:44 am
I really don't think trump can last until next November and am predicting he will resign sometime before then due to "medical" reasons.
I really think he's going to hang on tight as he fears criminal prosecution in SDNY from which President*Pence could not pardon him.

Hope I'm wrong.
Eamus Catuli~AC 000000 000101 010202 020303 010304 020405....Ahhhh, forget it, it's gonna be a while.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

The Latest: Sondland distances himself from Trump actions
Vrede too wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:22 am

Sen. Susan Collins (ME)
Sen. Ted Cruz (TX)
Sen. Ron Johnson (WI)
Sen. Rob Portman (OH)
Sen. Mitt Romney (UT)
Rep. Mark Amodei (NV)
Rep. John Curtis (UT)
Rep. Will Hurd (TX)
Rep. John Shimkus (IL)
U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland
Former national security adviser John R. Bolton
Judge Napolitano
Tucker Carlson
Republicans for the Rule of Law

Assuming Dem/Ind unanimity, 20 Repug Senators would have to be "rats" (patriots) in order to convict and remove. Seems unlikely, but the list above was impossible just a month ago. We'll see. The list of Repubs dumping POSPOTUS grows every day. Soon, very soon, the torrent will be too great to count the individuals. They're all realizing getting beaten in primaries by the Trumpettes is less likely and losing the general elections is more likely.

Mmmm, popcorn.
1312. ETTD.

Vrede too
Superstar Cultmaster

Polls show Americans have come to support Trump's impeachment much faster than Nixon's or Clinton’s

For the first time, a majority of Americans said this week that they supported the impeachment of President Trump. Not just in one, outlying poll — in an average of all current national polls compiled by the data journalists at FiveThirtyEight.

For Trump this polling milestone comes less than one month after reports first surfaced of a Ukraine whistleblower and roughly three weeks after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the start of a formal impeachment inquiry — meaning that it represents a historical milestone as well.

Trump hasn’t just crossed the 50 percent threshold on impeachment, peaking at 50.3 percent earlier this week. He’s gotten there faster than Richard Nixon — and, for that matter, Bill Clinton, who never got there at all....
1312. ETTD.